Fifa 11 Xbox 360/PS3

No gameplay. Just career mode video. Does confirm that you can play as a goalie, and presumably 11v11 as well therefore.

Yeah have to reload the page about 5 times before it appears for some reason.

No gameplay in the video, just Rutter talking about Career Mode, he says that they have gutted Manager Mode after the criticisms of last year and replaced it with this.

Hopefully they have been able to address the bugs from last year and not added any new game breaking ones.

Which was already as good as confirmed by a screenshot so... basically. WE HAVE A VIDEO. These videos do nothing but piss me off. Quite literally knew everything in it already. I understand why they do it - Facebook is a different audience I guess.. bleh. Less than three weeks before we have all the impressions and information we could ever, ever need. Just think about it like I do now - games to take your mind off it.

#1: August 11th - Monday Night Combat.

LOL what a nothing update. Wow. Just makes me curious as to what they're hiding?

They've been gradually releasing videos that are nothing more than musings on bullet points in the original Press Release they released for FIFA11 way back in late may/june.

LAWD...

BTW. I will say that the menus look improved and the realtime simulation screen is interesting. Looks like we the old Champ Manager in that sense (Rutter's influence no doubt).

And thank the good lord for a better search tool. christ. Searching for players is such a PAIN in FIFA10. I hope the board's lofty ambitions have been curbed i.e. You lose a game and you lose your job :lol:

Apparently it's a big misunderstanding.A gameplay video was never meant to be released according to G.Patterson

At about 1:37 there's a contract negotiation screen with Robin van Persie. Underneath his name there are two symbols, like little white shields with some sort of black logo on them. Cech and Benzema do not have these under their names. I wonder what they are?

The black logos are black&white action shots of a player. One of them looks like a player shooting? I only had a brief glance just now. In any case, it seems almost like player achievements or something.

They said you can search for players by certain criteria (something in previous Fifas as usual which was taken out) such as stuff like "target man" so maybe that one means "clinical finisher" or "long shot taker" or some such?

Although I don't like it, I think it's pretty clear why they don't want to release a video.

If the videos are of an early version of code with something missing ie the first touch system, 360 shielding or whatever else - they will be picked apart by people like us. Admit, we are brutal when it comes to these things. So if they can wait until they can get video with all the stuff they want in, wouldn't you wait? In the meantime they have at least given access to members of our community ie Romagnoli who has given us a much more in depth view of the game than we would get from a short video - I'd trust his opinion over a short video with two wankers playing and trying to analyze every minute of it, then asking will this be fixed in the final build? etc.

I love seeing videos of Rutter he is so handsome, his confidence on screen just makes me go all giddy. He is a real mans man.

If it is a choice between seeing a nice gameplay video or of rutter and his cute little smile...I know what one I want!

I love seeing videos of Rutter he is so handsome, his confidence on screen just makes me go all giddy. He is a real mans man.

If it is a choice between seeing a nice gameplay video or of rutter and his cute little smile...I know what one I want!

Rutter > gameplay.

Actually they confirmed just after the peak of 10's complaints that they will be implementing an internal config type system where certain problems in future games can be adjusted via config type downloads rather than full on patches.

that´s probably how NHL10 works, they made a gameplay tuner that could update several aspect on the gameplay without having to make a big patch.

if that already existed to fifa10 they could easily fix some small glitches like CPU FK accuracy or pass accuracy.

YouTube - FIFA 11 - Primer trailer Kaka

At least this wasn't the video released yesterday :P

Kaka seems to have the correct font for the name on his shirt, though obviously it's not ingame and at the end of the video it shows the licensed leagues.

Last edited:
I'm sure this has been mentioned before, but in talking with a buddy who's a huge Madden NFL fan, he was talking about the devs hinting at some revamps to their MM (dubbed "Franchise Mode") and feels like the only thing that they could really do is toss the "Head Coach" game (their version of FIFA Manager or Football Manager) directly into the Madden as a replacement for the Franchise mode.

Of course it makes perfect sense but I've heard this question asked about porting FIFA Manager into the actual FIFA game in place of the lackluster MM and it was always met with a "EA want that money. They'll never do this" response.

Is there a reason (bullshit or otherwise) that EA reps have given for not implementing what is clearly a FAAAAAR superior version of MM, and one that they've ALREADY created, into the game? Instead of giving us these incremental improvements that will always pale in comparison with Football Manager.

The way I see it, they could cry about bugs all that the want (it's clear how badly they've fucked up with only a moderate change in the MM from 09 to 10) but it appears that they already have a pretty bug free game in FIFA Manager. All of the managerial stuff that we'd be doing will all happen before a ball is ever kicked and the sim engine, transfers, scouting, youth development, etc., should, if they know what they're doing, not have an adverse affect on the product on the pitch.

I know that it's not as simple as plug it in and go, but surely if they wanted, they could make all the functionality of FIFA Manager, or borrow Football Manager's features, work in tandem with the game. Where the only things on the field that directly contribute to changes in the managerial aspect of the game are injuries (still can't code that shit correctly), fatigue, goals, assists, etc.

Of course I'm probably preaching to the choir, but I'd like to know if anyone (Rom perhaps) has heard anything concrete from the boys at EA. They have a Manager game that lays the in-game MM on it's stomach, makes it bite the pillow, and pounds it into oblivion (relatively speaking). Fucking use it.

Last edited:
WTF! Fucking EA_PWride just perm banned me from the EA Forum!

Dear Placebo,

You have received a new personal message at Electronic Arts UK Community from EA_PWride, entitled "You have received an infraction at Electronic Arts UK Community".

To read the original version, respond to, or delete this message, you must log in here:
http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/private.php

This is the message that was sent:
Dear Placebo,

You have received an infraction at Electronic Arts UK Community.

Reason: Misc. Instant Ban
-------
Shouldn't be linking to direct files of EA videos.
-------

Doesn't even have the fucking decency to PM me and ask me not to do it? How the fuck am I supposed to know they don't like it? That's what you get for helping them out with their half arsed PR efforts.

Back
Top Bottom