Fifa 11 Xbox 360/PS3

The gameplay is 2v2 and they're pressing like crazy, horrible players. Difficult to judge the game from these videos really, but they don't leave a great impression.

If that's the consoles version, then what a terrible let down. Seems exactly fifa 10 with some minor tweaks. Pace of the game is the same, clashes seem to continue have always boolean outcome, controls and passing is too acurate, etc... Let's wait for "official" videos because this one is like watching wc 2010 with very minor tweaks, not at all the change in pace and type of building up I was expecting.

However, I saw some things that I liked, new pass animations (normal and long), first touch...

The Van Persie turn and shoot was strange, the defender just stood there arms out.

(4mins 25secs)

The Van Persie turn and shoot was strange, the defender just stood there arms out.

Yeah and how he traps the ball perfectly and then uses his other foot in the next touch also 100% perfect... same as old FIFA's, looks shit.

I don't think the fact they're obviously very poor players or they were just messing about can be dismissed though.

You can see them trying silly things with defenders and losing control of the ball (1:22) and the new pass is very nice. (1:14)

Wow.. didn't know Petr Čech was 7ft 9'...

36836_425938596344_122816116344_5078883_7041272_n.jpg

Looks like FIFA 10 in terms of game speed. The same poor defender positioning and ridiculously accurate passing with both feet.

:(

Its the X360 version. The PC version wasnt playable there. In the beginning theyre talking about the PC version, but the whole footage is from the consoles.

No wonder they have yet to be showing some official gameplay footage then, the game looks exactly like FIFA 10 in terms of pace, passing and cosmetics (I think I've seen the ball bouncing a little more than usual and a mid-height long pass that didn't look scripted but that's about it).

Also, fuck the GK rushing out, I can't believe they still haven't gotten rid of that crap.

Hopefully these guys were on the closest thing to Assisted controls this game has to offer and playing with speed set on "Fast".

Last edited:
Looks like the PC version to me. I'm only going by YouTube on my phone so all I can really see is the match speed and the FIFAs I've played (plus the previous gameplay vid you all saw over Santi's shoulder) was nothing like as fast as that.

The pace of the gameplay is not an issue.What if they changed to a quick speed setting ? Let's not get worked up over nothing.

I can't believe we're roughly 1 month from a demo and 2 from launch and we haven't seen a shred of official gameplay footage yet! EA can't blame fans for looking for leaks of poor quality vids of early code.

The pics look nice though. The arshavin one looks amazing.

37643_425938571344_122816116344_5078880_7845923_n.jpg

Completely wrong haircut but amazing still :lol:

Last edited:
The pictures are from the PC version. (check the socks :P)

The models in the video look like console to me (judging by the free kick wall 0:13).

Last edited:
You can't see much on these tiny bits and bobs.

They need to release a proper few minutes of just gameplay. Also have in game footage and highlight some of the new animations etc. Because it is only when playing the game for a while you get to see all the little touches.

After having watched the vid a few times here are what i've noticed:

1. It's definitely all ps3/xbox360 footage.
2. Not sure what the uproar about passing is about? The guy tries a 180degree pass and fails. Badly. Passes were going everywhere.
3. The Chelsea (John Terry) celebration with Van Persie and Sneijder's long lost brothers was a bit... weird.
4. The people playing had their fingers jammed on the pressure button, hence why the defensive line was out of shape constantly. EA really, REALLY need to address this. It's not like nobody has been vocal about pressuring.

If you watch the footage, the midfielders are closing huge chunks of space way too quickly. IRL they would be KNACKERED in 10minutes! I can understand if you have a packed midfield that remain as a unit chasing the ball (a lá Barca), that you can make quick interceptions higher up-field. But charging 15 yards in a about 1 sec with barely any acceleration time just feels unfair and hinders good midfield play and is part of the reason ping-pong passing existed in the first place (it was the only way around all the high pressure tactics of the Madrid/barca clowns online).

Anyways, the footage is basically indicative of ebeta code and we can't draw too much from it, but that wasn't what the fans want to see after a year of work. I'm sure we'll eb blown away with EA's marketing savvy when they show us that footage next week though lol. As usual.

The guys who played it there said the game felt much better than FIFA 10. And I think thats the point. Most of the changes wont be "visible", but you will feel them when you play the game. Btw it was the alpha version.
The pace seems a little slower. It will be a tweaked FIFA 10 and thats what we want, isnt it?:))

Back
Top Bottom