Fifa 11 Xbox 360/PS3

Well, Career Mode needs to be played to death before final tweaks are made.

I'm sure they must have had one go on Fifa 10 MM and thought, "Yeah, that's fine" before releasing the game and then having to patch the hell out of it 3 times and fix around 3 bugs.

I'm fairly confident this will be excellent all round. I still think it will be bugged to buggery, but certainly not to the extent of Fifa 10.

yay for all the positive news we're getting! :)

I hope the vid is realtime and gameplay. I'd like to see a vid detailing the new features and maybe a bit of normal gameplay at the end.

I think we'll see the demo vid they've been showing press behind closed doors (Terry doing the different facial expressions etc).

Can't wait. I really hope its here tomorrow or thursday in the day. Won't be near a PC after that for a bit!!

BTW nice update on the news there Lami.

Just checking the thread for the first time and I saw and noticed this:

-1;www;avm_webapps;ROOT;;_assets;_News;00_2010;FIFA11;Drogba_shot.jpg

now look at this:

article0099a1172000005d.jpg

So it makes me personally wonder just how far they've taken personality+. Cause if they're talking shot stances then i'm in complete heaven!!!

Last edited:
I agree. There is a limit to Personality+ - only the very best players are going to have unique animations. It must cost an absolute fortune to do that kind of thing.

I've already had the experience of the club saying yes and the player saying no (Higuain) as he didn't want to move country.

I wonder if the player can still be sold "against his will" if the offer to the team is too much to turn down. Then perhaps he'll come through and be disgruntled throughout his stay if he never wanted to play for your squad, or in your country, in the first place.

Just checking the thread for the first time and I saw and noticed this:

-1;www;avm_webapps;ROOT;;_assets;_News;00_2010;FIFA11;Drogba_shot.jpg

now look at this:
article0099a1172000005d.jpg

So it makes me personally wonder just how far they've taken personality+. Cause if they're talking shot stances then i'm in complete heaven!!!

Drogba's socks are too low, typical unrealistic Fifa!!!!!!11 :COAT:

Another failure by EA

I won't be buying Fifa 12 in protest

(I've just seen my 3rd topic about Sneijder not being bald on the EA forums :P)

Last edited:
I agree. There is a limit to Personality+ - only the very best players are going to have unique animations. It must cost an absolute fortune to do that kind of thing.

Well, NBA2K has like, hundreds of individual animations. Surely it can't be that expensive to do, probably only time consuming.

In that video I think it showed the John Terry facial expressions that has been talked about. Unfortunately on my iPhone the playback quality isn't too great so hard to make out detail. The jostle animation looked cool though.
How many days to go til this game is out?? Agghh!

The little physical battle between Tevez and Maicon(?) is interesting but hopefully even weaker players than Tevez can sometimes be able to contain their opponents

Is sockness not a database thing for reviewers/editors to tweak?

It is, I never used to bother with it though as it only affected the current gen game, will pay more attention to it now ;)

I blame Placebo.

I do not edit Chelsea! Blame me for these 7 teams in Fifa11:

Birmingham City
Blackburn Rovers
Scunthorpe United
Sheffield United
Sheffield Wednesday
West Bromwich Albion
Wigan Athletic

;)

Of course if anyone can think of any players from those teams who wears their socks high or low please shout out and I'll make sure it's in :)

"A new three tier career mode has been announced today - can you hand-on-heart say it'll be free of the troubles reported with last year's manager mode?

David Rutter: I can hand-on-heart say that we've working our bits off this year to make sure. I don't know whether people believe it or not, which is why I'm showing pictures of dev-track this year. We were very upset with some of the negativity around it last year. There are bugs in there and they do affect people – I can't think of any games without bugs, but that said it's terribly disappointing for the team, we're upset because it really did take the shine off of my personal success and the success of the team, and it's not something we want to repeat."

That's good to read...

That Tevez shot looks so dodgy. He wouldn't be able to stop on a dime and get a side-foot shot off like that.

"A new three tier career mode has been announced today - can you hand-on-heart say it'll be free of the troubles reported with last year's manager mode?

David Rutter: I can hand-on-heart say that we've working our bits off this year to make sure. I don't know whether people believe it or not, which is why I'm showing pictures of dev-track this year. We were very upset with some of the negativity around it last year. There are bugs in there and they do affect people – I can't think of any games without bugs, but that said it's terribly disappointing for the team, we're upset because it really did take the shine off of my personal success and the success of the team, and it's not something we want to repeat."

That's good to read...

They already used that quote in the previous July 23rd preview: http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/110/1108070p2.html

erm... O_o?

Not sure whether this helps but I have noticed a few new control options in the recent build I got in the office that relate to player switching, amount of error with Pro Passing and a few other things. So there were still the 4/5 main settings from last year and a few extras.

Back
Top Bottom