Fifa 11 Xbox 360/PS3

I see they have a much larger range of builds. Now they need to work on the shoulders. IRL Some players run around like fester....lucio comes to mind with his shoulders around his ear height.
It's laughable when you see the player models in FIFA WC with the droopy shoulders and Orangatang walk. Lol
Not exactly a serios issue but something that needs a little attention.

First fix that god awful pressing. I want to be able to get the ball walk at least a few steps and distribute the ball with the likes of xavi. Sure some teams are playing high tempo but the advantage must be with the ball holder. If you rush at a guy in real football it's just a matter of him pushing the ball away from your momentum and the player will have a space to work. EA need to emulate this better.

The shoulders are something they explicitly worked on. Perhaps it needs a bit more.

Interesting about the pro passing error options - sounds like there might be some preliminary work towards sliders...

Yes, that was my first thought. It also kinda implies that it's part of the assistance settings :II. Obviously, online is set to 'on'.. but is on going to be the maximum?

Dun dun dun.

Last edited:
For online, they are probably going to settle for the best option that's best for everyone. If you need less error bring it down or up if you like more error.

Why give us the option anyway, just make a game universal and stick with it, if its an arcade game then fine I'll play PES.

Why give us the option anyway, just make a game universal and stick with it, if its an arcade game then fine I'll play PES.

Giving us the option is the best way to keep everyone "happy" and to earn as much money as possible for them (their ultimate goal).
There is the online problem where there needs to be some standardization

Supposing there were 4 settings - off, min, med, max. Then three of those settings would be seen as 'on' and therefore available online.

The plot thickens. Interested to see what they've done and how what I've played would rank on a slider. I certainly asked for more to be applied - if things are as they seem I hope I've got my wish..!

Oh God that would be a horrid way of doing it. It's surely got to be one setting only online! Even if it was med, that would be better than going further down this route of players using nub settings.

Bleh, as you say. The plot thickens into a tangled web... and then

spider.gif

Last edited:
Oh God that would be a horrid way of doing it. It's surely got to be one setting only online! Even if it was med, that would be better than going further down this route of players using nub settings.

Bleh, as you say. The plot thickens into a tangled web... and then

spider.gif

Is that from a videogame?

OnTopic: I am split between having alot of choice and having the game be consistent for everyone. After all, real life has one version, not several where Xavi has different pass accuracy abilities. If I see a replay of a nice goal somewhere my thoughts will immediately be what level of pass error was used, in addition to what difficulty level etc. And if you could use different levels of pass error online, then two players playing as the same team with the same players will have different behaviors, which goes against my desire for consistency and realism. Basically being able to increase the pass error would be the same as me lowering the pass accuracy stats for all my players, which goes against the whole idea of trying to create stats to reflect as well as possible the real-life conditions. Online should be one setting (the one which is the most realistic) and that's it. Otherwise who will even use the higher-difficulty error settings online? People who want a higher chance of loosing against the usual exploit gamers? IMO Online should have one setting, and that is final. Preferably the higher error ones just because... :)

Last edited:
About sliders for Pro Passing, I think for me personally it's great because I know that EA will never make a "hardcore" sim game, so if they add the options for me to make it one then great. I can see it's useless for the people who play online though since you will be forced to play with one setting anyway (one that won't be really sim like probably).

Hopefully this means that we can choose the Pro Passing (the accuracy error part) where Rutter said they toned it down because the game became to hard for casuals. Slider for the win, keep at it romagnoli.

On another note. Watching that German video and comparing the game speed (FIFA 10) with the FIFA 11 clip, it's night and day.

EA_PWride said:
The vids at the moment are still going through approvals so looks like it now maybe the start of next week before they are released. Apologies for the delay but we want to make sure they give you the best impression of the game.

:CRY:

Just asked Phil about the pro passing sliders. He's just checked the most recent build of the game and that optionhas been removed. It's just the power bar assist. The plot thins...

Just asked Phil about the pro passing sliders. He's just checked the most recent build of the game and that optionhas been removed. It's just the power bar assist. The plot thins...

:( Would be good news if the error was realistic, but I doubt it is. Would be great to be able to use sliders not only for error in accuracy for passing and shots, but also in trapping the ball (because I don't think trapping will have enough error for bad players).

Bloody hope it stays out. Fed up of playing fully assisted people. In this day and age, surely we should be playing games that needs more input by us otherwise it's the same old shit year after year. Kids nowadays pick things up so easily anyway and adults should just man the fuck up!

Bloody hope it stays out. Fed up of playing fully assisted people. In this day and age, surely we should be playing games that needs more input by us otherwise it's the same old shit year after year. Kids nowadays pick things up so easily anyway and adults should just man the fuck up!

Why do you care when they already said that everyone that plays online will have the same Pro Passing settings?

Having sliders to make the contextual errors even bigger (more realistic) would be great, it's only offline so why not.

Why do you care when they already said that everyone that plays online will have the same Pro Passing settings?

Having sliders to make the contextual errors even bigger (more realistic) would be great, it's only offline so why not.

Good question, at the end of the day it's a decision that makes the game less complete

Thought it had changed. Already said the other day that offline it should be there for people to do what they want. Online, it should be the same for everyone. I would be well peeved off if that does end up changing as it's not too late for EA to bottle it.

If that's the consoles version, then what a terrible let down. Seems exactly fifa 10 with some minor tweaks. Pace of the game is the same, clashes seem to continue have always boolean outcome, controls and passing is too acurate, etc... Let's wait for "official" videos because this one is like watching wc 2010 with very minor tweaks, not at all the change in pace and type of building up I was expecting.

That looks exactly the same... :SHOCK:

If that's the consoles version, then what a terrible let down. Seems exactly fifa 10 with some minor tweaks. Pace of the game is the same, clashes seem to continue have always boolean outcome, controls and passing is too acurate, etc... Let's wait for "official" videos because this one is like watching wc 2010 with very minor tweaks, not at all the change in pace and type of building up I was expecting.

Seriously what did you expect ?

What the hell? You can't be watching the same video I'm watching.

Back
Top Bottom