Fifa 11 Xbox 360/PS3

It's amazing the little things you see people nitpicking about and how seriously they take it... I think I remember someone on here making the decision to buy a PS3 to play FIFA 09 on rather than a 360 purely for the reason the nets were slightly better! :LOL:
You mainly see this sort of stuff on the official forums though, that's the main reason I don't post there... The feedback section was full of shit like that, with good suggestions to make the game more realistic getting buried.

Surely it only really matters what affects what you see from the camera you play the game on? (Who actually watches the cutscenes anyway?) and due to the crappy (almost transparent at times) radar, most people I know play on a zoomed out Tele cam. From there you're not really going to notice the details on the boots, the accuracy of the faces or other little things, but things like the pitch textures and lighting for example are going to have a big impact on the overall look of the game.

@kouroux - Not aimed at you, I know you were being sarcastic :P.

I don't totally agree, the little touches go a long way to making the game look more authentic. PES is the obvious example of this.

@romagnoli - How did you seem to get so much of a response from EA regarding your feedback?

I remember posting a thread in the feedback section of the EA forums about the "Manual chipped through ball shot glitch" - I explained it and gave video evidence yet I got no response from anyone at EA...
Now, when you play manual filtered ranked matches this is all most people do and it ruins the game...

That is the main reason I never bothered making the effort to send anything to EA about how to improve FIFA 11 - they probably wouldn't have read it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I suspect they do inevitably listen to you more when you visit them at home... in Canada! :P

It's amazing the little things you see people nitpicking about and how seriously they take it... I think I remember someone on here making the decision to buy a PS3 to play FIFA 09 on rather than a 360 purely for the reason the nets were slightly better! :LOL:
You mainly see this sort of stuff on the official forums though, that's the main reason I don't post there... The feedback section was full of shit like that, with good suggestions to make the game more realistic getting buried.

Surely it only really matters what affects what you see from the camera you play the game on? (Who actually watches the cutscenes anyway?) and due to the crappy (almost transparent at times) radar, most people I know play on a zoomed out Tele cam. From there you're not really going to notice the details on the boots, the accuracy of the faces or other little things, but things like the pitch textures and lighting for example are going to have a big impact on the overall look of the game.

@kouroux - Not aimed at you, I know you were being sarcastic :P.

Yeah, there are genuine people who really want more in terms of cosmetic stuff

@romagnoli - How did you seem to get so much of a response from EA regarding your feedback?

I remember posting a thread in the feedback section of the EA forums about the "Manual chipped through ball shot glitch" - I explained it and gave video evidence yet I got no response from anyone at EA...
Now, when you play manual filtered ranked matches this is all most people do and it ruins the game...

That is the main reason I never bothered making the effort to send anything to EA about how to improve FIFA 11 - they probably wouldn't have read it.

I sent a lengthy PM to Gary Paterson on the official boards about suggestions I had about multiple people attacking the ball and he replied only days after (on a Saturday actually, I bet he works 24/7 the poor guy).

It seems that you are unlikely to get a reply unless you actually PM I find. I think they do READ the stuff which isn't PM'd, just you don't get the replies.

ss_preview_CIMG1143.JPG.jpg

It seems that you are unlikely to get a reply unless you actually PM I find. I think they do READ the stuff which isn't PM'd, just you don't get the replies.

This.

I got noticed because, around the start of October, I wrote an absolutely massive word document of what I wanted them to do. It wasn't really that many different things, but it was 80% about personality/passing inaccuracy, along with explaining how that would free the game up to fix so many other areas like pressuring/pingpong passing/shooting. When Gary saw me on the forums he PMed to say he'd read it and liked it. Apparently EA were already planning to do stuff like personality+ and pro passing - Gary and Aaron came and chatted to me after the presentation and joked about how I'd pretty much sent their to-do list..!

It wasn't just that though - Gary also read the suggestions thread here and PM'ed my EW account this Feb. I pointed out I was the same guy!

I think my rate of posting about FIFA stepped up significantly after that Feb PM as I realised he was interested in our line of much more in-depth feedback. I kept PM'ing stuff from here and creating threads in the Suggestions area there, making myself heard by the people over there who are more incluned to discuss your ideas intelligently so things snowball.

I know i've said it a few times but what the devs really want is stuff with as much detail and forethought as possible. Not saying you haven't been! Obviously there's a degree of right place, right time, as there are millions of threads and ideas for you to try and stand out from. If your idea has any possible negative side effects (so you want to be able to shoot harder at a 70 degree angle - how does the defence counteract this new improvement in shooting ability/how do you make it harder to get in a position to shoot?) then you need to preempt them.

Last edited:
Pissing game? Must be an arcade title I've not heard of..

I've just bought ultimate team for Fifa 10, damn I got desperate!

Last edited:
Hi guys! This is my first post here and I'd like to share with you this video of Fifa 11. It has some gameplay footage (some few secounds tho). You guys probably already watched this, but there will always be someone that didn't watch it yet.

FIFA Soccer 11 Video Game, Refining The Game Interview | Game Trailers & Videos | GameTrailers.com

I don't have a clue about what teams those guys were playing, but the game really seems to be slower (wich is good) and less crowded/pressure. Ball control seems to be improved. You can see some failure on passing and defenders anticipating to it.

But it's just too little to have an idea what is coming for us.

Sorry if this video is old for most of you (it probably is lol) and sorry about my enclish.

Bye.

lol

StuartCulli, had you ever watched this video ?

I know it has few secounds of gameplay, but i'd like you to vige your thoughts abou it.

Is this Dudu from the official forums? With the immense pingpong passing video thread?

HandofBeadle here :)

Yes we've seen that vid I'm afraid. Page 44 or so I think.

Yeah man, it's me, the most skilled fifa player in terms of passing. lol

BTW, it's very good to know that EA are listenning to players like you and giving you the chance to be a player test.

I would like to see the keepers being challenged and injured, fucking bastards never get fucked up in these games.

This.

I got noticed because, around the start of October, I wrote an absolutely massive word document of what I wanted them to do. It wasn't really that many different things, but it was 80% about personality/passing inaccuracy, along with explaining how that would free the game up to fix so many other areas like pressuring/pingpong passing/shooting. When Gary saw me on the forums he PMed to say he'd read it and liked it. Apparently EA were already planning to do stuff like personality+ and pro passing - Gary and Aaron came and chatted to me after the presentation and joked about how I'd pretty much sent their to-do list..!

It wasn't just that though - Gary also read the suggestions thread here and PM'ed my EW account this Feb. I pointed out I was the same guy!

I think my rate of posting about FIFA stepped up significantly after that Feb PM as I realised he was interested in our line of much more in-depth feedback. I kept PM'ing stuff from here and creating threads in the Suggestions area there, making myself heard by the people over there who are more incluned to discuss your ideas intelligently so things snowball.

I know i've said it a few times but what the devs really want is stuff with as much detail and forethought as possible. Not saying you haven't been! Obviously there's a degree of right place, right time, as there are millions of threads and ideas for you to try and stand out from. If your idea has any possible negative side effects (so you want to be able to shoot harder at a 70 degree angle - how does the defence counteract this new improvement in shooting ability/how do you make it harder to get in a position to shoot?) then you need to preempt them.

Tbh mate, I think they 'robbed' you. You practically gave them a free of charge to-do list, and they probably had something else in mind. They told you they had the same plan, joked about it, gave you a pat on the back to make you feel "easy" around them and send them more ideas for free then.

You should be the one in charge, not Rutter, or whoever's on top.

:P

Just got to get me all the right qualifications first! I'd hate to do Rutter's job tbh. You've got to be pretty strong willed to do his job (and that's a serious understatement). His CV reads like a list of heart attack inducing high pressure jobs. He assembled a team for the first Champ Man from scratch and got a serviceable title out within the year's deadline. He's worked on yearly titles for almost a decade and a single overdue day costs several hundreds of thousands of pounds.

I'd be a gibbering wreck after 6 months...

This.

The problem I have from a giving-feedback-point of view is that the arguments I am most intereted in - the assists ones, for instance - are ones without that definitive answer. It's hard to argue that it should be X because the levels of assistance are something completely aside from realism even if, clearly in FIFA 10 assisted is unrealistic. Solving the assisted/semi/manual problem has no definitive answer - and if we don't know where EA stand on it, which at least from my point of view I had no idea until relatively recently, then giving the feedback is a lot harder.

Now, from EA's side of that 'debate' the sum total of what I know of what they think is contained in that one particular thread where I made a little bit of a :PIG: (imagine this is a donkey) of myself - http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/...-fifa-11-assisted-passing-2.html#post13909533 ; http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/...-fifa-11-assisted-passing-2.html#post13918856. That's pretty much it in terms of EA's 'conversation' with the community in regards to probably the most controversial and contentious issue in the game.

Now, they may have engaged more in the separate forum/PMs with others, like for instance TMills and Fodder who are both manual gamers within the 'gamechangers' group, but other than that, there is very little discussion from their side.

One or two posts from EA revealed more to me about their policy and about where the manual community's argument(s) is at than anything before or after it. Now, in many ways his responses didn't really make me feel any better about the issue but it did explain a lot - and I think that he missed the point. And that's where the line goes dead with that issue from the main community's side of things.

Since there is so much dedication from members on this forum, I would love to see better organization of your feedback. Going on 66 pages, covering probably more than 20 topics is a lot. Having one place with a decent structure would not only give new users a better overlook, but be easier for the development team too.

My idea would be to create a sub-forum called Fifa Feedback.
In this forum only moderators have permission to create topics, while registered users can only reply to them.
There would for example be a sticky called 'Bug Report', a sticky called 'Tweaks Suggestion' and a sticky called 'Feature Suggestion'. In these stickies, registered users can post their ideas for discussion topics. Once a topic is approved, the moderator will post the suggested topic, where all the discussion will occur. Every approved topic, will be linked to in the appropriate sticky, which then will serve as an index.

I'll give an example, to make my idea clearer:

This is how the stickies could look:

Forum: Fifa Feedback
Sticky: Tweaks Suggestion
Tweak topics are for game elements that are unrealistic, without being a bug.

Index:
[Gameplay - AI] Defensive line breaks too often
[Gameplay - Shooting] Shots never dip
[Simulation] Boards expectations are too low
[Gameplay - AI] CPU never shoots on one-on-ones

Reply: by evo-user43
Every shot just continues in a straight line. Would be more realistic if it dips once in a while.
Edit (moderator): Topic approved

Sticky: Bug Report
Bug topics are for glitches and errors in the game.

Index:
[Gameplay - Animation] Player 'glide' instead of running
[Simulation] Goals scored are not counted in the top 20

Reply: by lothario
When a defender is running backwards, after the team has lost the ball, the running animation stops and the player seem to 'glide' over the grass.

Sticky: Feature Suggestions
Feature topics are for new elements added to the game

Index:
[Mode] Be a referee
[Gameplay] Diving
[Animation - Ingame] Carrying out an injured player

Reply: by lothario
Have a button combination for diving. This is an aspect of professional football today, and should be a part of a realistic football simulation.

A topic could then look like:
Topic: [Gameplay - Animation] Player 'glide' instead of running
Suggestion: lothario
Bug: When a defender is running backwards, after the team has lost the ball, the running animation stops and the player seem to 'glide' over the grass.

Oh god, yes this is so annoying. I lost several goals blablablablabla

Reply: by evo-user549
This happens so often to me, and when the opponenet crosses I'm blablablablablablabla

Topic: [Gameplay] Diving
Suggestion: lothario
Idea: Have a button combination for diving. This is an aspect of professional football today, and should be a part of a realistic football simulation.

This is an awesome idea, because blablablablablabalabla

Reply: by evo-user549
This is an terrible idea because, blablablablablabalabla

The more popular topics would then be at the top of the forum (due to having more replies). Each topic could even have a poll (yay/nay), so you could get a quick overview of what how users generally feel about the topic.

Of course this would mean a lot of dedication and work from the board moderators, but if properly implemented and supported, I think this could be an awesome and organized way of dissecting the Fifa games.

I'm just a noob on these boards, so I have no idea how this would be received here, so please let me know if you think it's a terrible idea or if it would be worth going forward with.

(The users and opinions expressed in this post is entirely fictional)

Tbh mate, I think they 'robbed' you. You practically gave them a free of charge to-do list, and they probably had something else in mind. They told you they had the same plan, joked about it, gave you a pat on the back to make you feel "easy" around them and send them more ideas for free then.

You should be the one in charge, not Rutter, or whoever's on top.
Well, that's great. I'd love it if they kept robbing Rom every year. :P

Back
Top Bottom