Fifa 11 Xbox 360/PS3

You still get one player on the post during a CK.
a)Covering posts should be an option
b)I hope it's not those CBs again
Part B must surely be the easiest thing in the world to change. Even if they just changed the variable which says "centre back" to say "fullback" in the code, that would be an improvement. Ideally it would be the shortest player, but whatever. It's staggering that it was still in FIFA 10, never mind 11.

The defensive lines in the blurry gameplay vid look encouraging. Still not sure about the shape of the midfield, but we don't know how much the people playing were using the pressure buttons. Players off the ball look like they're making more of an effort to shuffle a few yards to offer themselves, and doing so while facing the ball rather than turning and running.

Part B must surely be the easiest thing in the world to change. Even if they just changed the variable which says "centre back" to say "fullback" in the code, that would be an improvement. Ideally it would be the shortest player, but whatever. It's staggering that it was still in FIFA 10, never mind 11.

The defensive lines in the blurry gameplay vid look encouraging. Still not sure about the shape of the midfield, but we don't know how much the people playing were using the pressure buttons. Players off the ball look like they're making more of an effort to shuffle a few yards to offer themselves, and doing so while facing the ball rather than turning and running.

And if we're gonna cover posts why not do it for both ? I've conceded or scored plenty of goals on the far post during corners

Amazing isn't it? Second press has been in football games for more than ten years and he's just found it. Unless it has actually changed and he doesn't have a clue how to describe it. In any case I'm finding some of the ignorance in these articles vomit inducing.

I give up. EA, show some gameplay vids.

They really ought to. Here's that gametrailers one magnified and with everything cut out incidentally, as this is now our official best gameplay video :FAIL:.
YouTube - FIFA 11 - Gameplay - Montage

Game journalists almost always know nothing about video games in a deep sense. They might now a bit about a lot of games but they certainly don't know a lot about any more than a tiny handful of games. That's the nice thing with FSB, not that its perfect, but they do at least know how to interpret the news they're given.

Eurogamer seem to believe time on the ball is even more scarce than before: "Time on the ball is also more limited, forcing regular use of the new shielding techniques." Link.

Last edited:
Well not really news, yet at least, but...
EA_PWride said:
Link
I've been creating a write-up on my experience with CM so far and part of that includes info about injuries. Just waiting for approval before I can put it live though!

Last edited:
Well not really news, yet at least, but...

Nice find! Can't wait to read that one! If there is a God, let there be injuries in FIFA11 Career Mode...

Bit strange if we say CM for Career Mode like MM for Manager Mode, CM always makes me think about Championship Manager. :DOH:

Various questions answered by EA_PWride

Q: Removing both MM and BAP and putting them into the same mode really sounds silly to me. Nice one EA..

So instead of concentrating on being a Manager or being a Pro footballer I have to do both?

A: You don't have to do both, you have 3 options; just a player, a player-manager, or just a manager.

Q: will the other leagues actually simulate the games? Could i find the top scorer in the Premier League if i play in Serie A? Or is it all random?

A: From having a quick look you can see the league tables of other leagues but not scorers and specific player stats although this may change in the final thing.

Q: can someone in the know clear something up for me please. in career mode can we still play as all 11 players or is it just with a 'pro'? thanks

A: You can still play with all 11 players depending on what options you select.

Other replies:

"You would be yourself managing Arsenal or Man Utd, you don't become one of the existing Managers in the same way you didn't in FIFA 10 unless you called yourself Sir Alex. "

"If you start as a Player you will be able to transition to becoming a Player-Manager or a Manager. "

Yeah I admit I just skimmed a couple of threads in there myself, disappointed you can't see top scorers for other leagues, would be a good way to find a hidden gem to buy :(

Another good question could be, "Can we still play with two or more human players against the AI in Career Mode?"

This seems obvious but with EA you never know...

They weren't actually my questions by the way, just found them with a bit of searching.

The transition from player to player-manager/manager seems a nice touch though.

The key to remember is it's still July. The info articles have given us on career mode are bloody scant. We can't judge something as just a reskin and rename without hearing what it's about. If we hear everything and it's identical then you can make judgements as to whether it sounds deeper or dumbed down, new or rehashed etc. But there's absolutely nothing like enough info to go on to make any such judgement yet. The amount of new or interesting info in most of these articles about anything, let alone career mode, is barely worth a twitter post.

Passengers are reluctant to board this year, the train last year had a terrible accident.

EA_PWride:

"I've played a match and got an injury, also simmed games and got injuries."

"GP should be available shortly, and there are still announcements to be released in the future (just not today). Patience is a virtue and there are plans we have to work to and things have to be approved (some of them by FIFA) before they can be released. "

(I'm assuming GP stands for Gameplay and not General Practitioner) :P

Last edited:
"However, one disappointment is the continued presence of 2010 FIFA World Cup's cack-handed penalty system. Here's hoping a new one is implemented before release."
~Eurogamer.

Casual gamers: confirmed. :lol:

Anyways, it's looking pretty positive. I just hope EA get around to addiing the faecs of all the top stars from this world cup (Suarez, Thomas Muller, Ozil etc). It's all good having personality + but if they look nothing like the players in real life then it kinda breaks the illusion.

Looks good so far though. Thanks for the vids Placebo... as usual. :)

EA_PWride:

"I've played a match and got an injury, also simmed games and got injuries."

That's it? Wow that's useless. For one thing we don't care about injuries when simming matches, that already worked fine in previous Fifas. We want to know about medium-long term injuries suffered whilst PLAYING matches :(

Anyways, it's looking pretty positive. I just hope EA get around to addiing the faecs of all the top stars from this world cup (Suarez, Thomas Muller, Ozil etc). It's all good having personality + but if they look nothing like the players in real life then it kinda breaks the illusion.:)

I'm all for shit players but player shit is pushing it too far sorry :(

Think he's still waiting for clearance on the write up on career mode. That post was just an extra little comment in the thread, I assume he'll go into more detail later, hopefully.

EA_PWride

"I'd have to argue that point given I'm playing it in the office at the moment, it is new and very different from both experiences last year (BAP and MM)."

"You won't be able to use created teams in Career Mode for the reason that it would take away from the realism that is the cornerstone of the FIFA titles." :CONFUSE:

Back
Top Bottom