Fifa 11 Xbox 360/PS3

Oh? I skimmed the previews just doing a ctrl+f for "manager", where does it say that? Will created players at least be appearing as transfer targets?

Right near the end Paul, he lists the modes you can use it in, after you see the screens...

At around 3:00 he says play online or off line with kick off or tournament modes...

Last edited:
I hope they have improved bap aswell (other than the more seasons).

Like not getting minus points when you play a nice cross in and a defender gets to it first.

Or having a target of scoring 3 goals in a game, when you are a winger etc etc.

i was put right off of BAP for those reasons.

The manager mode stuff does sound promising though, sounds like they are working on the basics that will make it a much better experience.

Am I wrong to be worried about the lack of gameplay footage so far?

My only theory is they're working on so much, that showing an incomplete video now would do more harm than good.

You can use created players in MM, they will be free agents or whatever you call them.

I really like how they did the career mode with player, manager or playing manager... it's perfect and something that I have been asking for in their feedback section, thank you EA. By putting in playing manager I will finally be able to play that mode.

The talk about AI sounds great, however it could just be a load of bollocks. I only play offline so if they can actually make the AI play much more realistic and different every game it would make the game so much better.

One thing that I've forgotten to leave feedback on (I think) is that when playing BAP you should not be able to make team mates pass to you. You should only be able to "suggest" that they pass to you (like in PES), currently they always pass you which is very unrealistic. Also you should not be able to make them shoot. It is supposed to be a mode where you only control one player, but they've added those things that ruins the experience imo.

Also being a captain should not make you the manager. At least there should be an option to turn it off.

Last edited:
You can use created players in MM, they will be free agents or whatever you call them.

I really like how they did the career mode with player, manager or playing manager... it's perfect and something that I have been asking for in their feedback section, thank you EA. By putting in playing manager I will finally be able to play that mode.

The talk about AI sounds great, however it could just be a load of bollocks. I only play offline so if they can actually make the AI play much more realistic and different every game it would make the game so much better.

One thing that I've forgotten to leave feedback on (I think) is that when playing BAP you should not be able to make team mates pass to you. You should only be able to "suggest" that they pass to you (like in PES), currently they always pass you which is very unrealistic. Also you should not be able to make them shoot. It is supposed to be a mode where you only control one player, but they've added those things that ruins the experience imo.

I forgot about that. I didn't like scoring like 30 goals in the Championship from CAM :LOL:

Made me feel guilty for scoring after passing for the ball.

Also being a captain should not make you the manager. At least there should be an option to turn it off.

I think they knew the AI isn't really elaborate enough to make the best possible decisions when it comes to passing/shooting.That's why you still need to "guide" your teammates

You get marked down in BAP if you call for a pass but the ballholder goes for someone else, which isn't a terrible idea, but the frequency with which they actually pass to you is too high. Hopefully the reduced ballspeed and accuracy will have a knock-on effect, dunno if anything is being done directly though.

I think they knew the AI isn't really elaborate enough to make the best possible decisions when it comes to passing/shooting.That's why you still need to "guide" your teammates

It should be dynamic based on your status in the team, if you're a first year pro with less than 20 matches under your belt they should be almost unwilling to pass to you unless you're really in an excellent position or the only option, on the other end of the spectrum if you're someone like Gerrard at Liverpool who's been in the team and captain of the team forever if you demand the ball you pretty much always get it.

The most irritating thing for me in Be a pro are the clone giants! stats all maxed out by cheating (copying a save data from someone who has every accomplishment) and then setting their pro to 6 foot 7...

I think it's the reason why I'm losing my hair.

I don't agree with that. I pretty much never ask for a pass and the AI is amazing to pick out your runs. However, very often I press pass to take the ball or whatever and it results in asking a team mate to pass me. Same with shooting, when you think you are going to get the ball and it's not locked on.

PES solved this by making the "ask for pass" button another button (double tap RB I think), this way you won't press a button and get an output that you didn't expect.

One thing I really like with the FIFA AI is that if you jockey to turn yourself to your team mate with the ball, it will understand that you want it. So if you're in a good position he will pass it to you.

They do pass you way too often though (even when not pressing pass button) and it should be like Placebo says, that your status/role in the team should be an important factor to decide that.

I respect a lot of what David Rutter has done but how can he say this:

We've replaced the competition engine, transfers, and everything, we've done a whole heap of work. Last year was the first year of our Manager mode rewrite. I think, generally speaking most of the people I talk to were happy with the improvements

Just reading the EA forums for a start shows most people were unhappy with the improvements (or rather lack of improvements).

Wow that gameplay video looks amazing. The close control looks like the earlier versions of PES, I think that's Modric jinking and turning with the ball in the centre. Passing also looks lovely.

Dno I thought it was Gomes originally at the start, and a good dribbling left back and nippy small centre mid made me think Bale and Modric.

Could well be a number of other teams though to be perfectly honest.

Back
Top Bottom