Fifa 11 Xbox 360/PS3

You still get one player on the post during a CK.
a)Covering posts should be an option
b)I hope it's not those CBs again

Enthusiastic, if not a little over the top, preview.

"We have a thing we're internally calling Iniesta touch" explains FIFA 11 producer, David Rutter "It's where technical players can get away from a defender in a few quick movements". It involves sharp cuts of the analogue stick to instantly turn away from defenders, which leaves them for dead.....So rather than having to rely on the often tricky process of Right Stick skills, you can simply turn a player inside-out with deft Left Stick movement....

http://www.gamesradar.com/ps3/fifa-...a-20100716113635698067/g-20100609164814499051

Literally have no idea how games sites work. They clearly just blurt things that they think sound good, rather than play the game and describe what they've played. The lobs in my build were useless and keepers stopped standing off their line begging to be lobbed. Even if the lob shots were more accurate the keepers aren't going to be the same useless dicks they were in FIFA 10.

Videogamer - "Their efforts with FIFA 11 appear positive in this 80 per cent complete build: chip shots seem much, much harder to do now, and feel far less cheap when they actually do go in."

I like the sound of the deft touches with the stick.

I suppose game sites want to make previews sound as innovating and exciting as possible, or that simply what attracted the most viewers.

I can't actually remember the last preview of a game I wanted that didn't really oversell the game. PES 08, PES 09, FIFA 09, FIFA 10, GTA IV; all made to sound the like the peak of realism and gaming expertise.

So now I just read impressions from users who ain't biased see whether I should be expectant.

Some of the shit people post in the official forums is beyond facepalmworthy. People quoting the bit of the IGN preview that says that 'if you are looking for grand theatrics in terms of new features then prepare to be disappointed because they've focusses their efforts on the gameplay' etc, and then complaining that EA haven't put enough features in the game.

If I performed a suitable facepalm then my frontal lobes would currently be a lot runnier, with several shards of skull.

Thanks for posting Career mode news from people who care. That's mostly what I care about in Fifa 11.

Even if you read past 'more accurate chip shots' you'll be completely bemused. This all sounds very odd to me too - very unlike described by our Guildford goers:

"It works the same as calling in another defender in previous FIFAs, where an AI team-mate will sprint to the ball carrier as you control a different player. But this time around, your player will go into a sort of defensive stance as he back peddles expertly, while facing the attacker. You'll know when it's happening because a tiny head and shoulders silhouette appears over your controlled-players head and another player will charge in. We're not sure whether the indicator is needed though. This positioning helps to snuff out the threat of dangerous runners like Cristiano Ronaldo as you can use it to guide them into channels where they'll be less effective."

Ha, was just looking at those threads on the official forums myself. I only goto that site looking for new information, reading anything else will likely lead to many broken monitors.

"in the world cup game ea got joe cole's face spot on, however for fifa 11 they need to make sure that his kit name just reads COLE not j.cole and they need to make sure that he has really short hair unlike in the world cup game, seeing as he has made a big move as a liverpool fan i'd like to see him in it as realistic as possible."

& my personal favourite:

"Did anyone actually enjoy ping pong passing, i enjoyed it and it felt the game was a lot smoother"

Last edited:
hey rom, just check this beauty of a post on the official boards.
Removing both MM and BAP and putting them into the same mode really sounds silly to me. Nice one EA..

So instead of concentrating on being a Manager or being a Pro footballer I have to do both?
hahahaha

Even if you read past 'more accurate chip shots' you'll be completely bemused. This all sounds very odd to me too - very unlike described by our Guildford goers:

"It works the same as calling in another defender in previous FIFAs, where an AI team-mate will sprint to the ball carrier as you control a different player. But this time around, your player will go into a sort of defensive stance as he back peddles expertly, while facing the attacker. You'll know when it's happening because a tiny head and shoulders silhouette appears over your controlled-players head and another player will charge in. We're not sure whether the indicator is needed though. This positioning helps to snuff out the threat of dangerous runners like Cristiano Ronaldo as you can use it to guide them into channels where they'll be less effective."

Amazing isn't it? Second press has been in football games for more than ten years and he's just found it. Unless it has actually changed and he doesn't have a clue how to describe it. In any case I'm finding some of the ignorance in these articles vomit inducing.

I give up. EA, show some gameplay vids.

The customization of the career mode screens by club, does actually look very good. I like how they've used lequipe.fr for news in the Lyon game and La stampa for the Juventus game.

Back
Top Bottom