Fifa 11 Xbox 360/PS3

Re: Fifa 11

So Fifa 11 pc will be identical like console version ? ,,Next-gen,, doesnt mean that game will be identical . hmmm ?

Like i said before, next gen means a brand new engine , current gen is what you are playing on the 360 and ps3.

i doubt EA would build a next gen brand new advanced engine on the pc first. that would be strange and would piss off many console fanboys.

Can we split the PC + 360/PS3 threads? Must admit I'm finding it extremely tedious to read "will Fifa11 be next gen on PC?" "wow I'm so excited it'll be next gen on PC" blah blah........

And again I ask...

The last few pages have just been boring, repeated crap that is not related to Fifa11 at all.

You mean using the pass button to knock it on and run? Didn't try tbh. I don't know if it'd work with assisted controls (at least not reliably) but it might be feasible with manual controls.

Yeah, it does not work in 10 as your player pulls up as he passes it forward, I may be missing something though there may be a button to hold to make him keep running....:CONFUSE:

Can we have a vote on having Klash back by the way? I didnt realise he was still banned. It's been a while now and I didn't see him saying anything that wasn't true - he just overegged it. I know a couple of people might not want him back but those were people who would have had me banned if given the chance!

Anyway, seems odd that he's allowed in the official forums and can post freely over there but has been banned from the FIFA section here. FIFA 10 is pretty much done with now. Let's move on.

Last edited:

As if the official forums are the standards to be judged on :P

Was funny seeing a thread where someone was complaining that the Jobulani ball in game was completely inaccurate because the small text on the ball showed Jabulani instead. :D

Last edited:

That's brilliant. Link at all?

By the way, something I'd completely forgot to mention is that names and numbers don't stretch anymore (or if they do then I didn't see it). I'd completely forgot till I read a Spanish hands-on earlier today.

Are you serious? no more stretchy text on the shirts? that would make the kits about 50% better imo.

I remember watching a replay with Chris Davies and I commented on this - certainly the text seemed rigid and in consistent proportion. It seemed stuck on, rather than part of the shirt design as in FIFA 10. I'm pretty sure this was the case and I've not gone mental!

Will 11 have the better pitch textures like in the WC game? It's not a biggy but I must admit it just makes the game look better. I'd rather gameplay over graphics but it is a bonus when the graphics look good too.

Haven't seen this mentioned so sorry if it has.

Yep, it's WC2010 standard at least. Gary said in a recentish post that it's slightly different in some way - it might have been a bit greener (WC2010 was slightly blue for my liking) but I'm speculating as I don't remember a vivid difference. I think it makes a huge difference to making the players look and feel attached to the ground (though the big improvements in player movement obviously do a lot in this regard too).

romagnoli my most pressing question is when everyone picks Barca or Madrid online and plays fully assisted will they still just be able to smash x and end up in the back of the net?

romagnoli my most pressing question is when everyone picks Barca or Madrid online and plays fully assisted will they still just be able to smash x and end up in the back of the net?

From what I've read so far, that's not going to happen anymore thank god.

Been playing the WC game a bit lately and when I played as semi passing while trying different things, it's been dumbed down loads compared to 10 which was really annoying. Still, with pro passing in 11 I have high hopes.

SoulMan - I don't think so. You certainly can't just smash X - you need to weight each pass accordingly. The defences are a lot better by default, the pace of the game and passing speed is a lot slower - particularly when trying to 180 pass - and even Barcelona have some passing inaccuracy. The fact that defenders have physical presence in more than just a shoulder barging sense is a big step forward too. I can see FIFA having a real tactical side to it at long, long last.

Whether it's truly enough in the hands of exploiters/EA don't make the game more forgiving between now and October we will have to see, but I'm very confident that the current game tips the scales very much in my favour when playing assisted noobs. Rest assured that if I don't feel like good football gamers can beat good gamers then I will keep flooding EA's forums and PM inboxes with your and my suggestions/complaints.

I'm certainly going to keep at them to give FIFA 12 an ultra sim mode that would make Placebo blush..

Dont know if this was posted before but this is from David Rutter Twitter

"In paris, presenting from 10am. Updates on game play, creation centre, and some other secret stuff embardo'd until July 22nd... Sorry "

So there are some secret news coming on July 22nd

SoulMan - I don't think so. You certainly can't just smash X - you need to weight each pass accordingly. The defences are a lot better by default, the pace of the game and passing speed is a lot slower - particularly when trying to 180 pass - and even Barcelona have some passing inaccuracy. The fact that defenders have physical presence in more than just a shoulder barging sense is a big step forward too. I can see FIFA having a real tactical side to it at long, long last.

Whether it's truly enough in the hands of exploiters/EA don't make the game more forgiving between now and October we will have to see, but I'm very confident that the current game tips the scales very much in my favour when playing assisted noobs. Rest assured that if I don't feel like good football gamers can beat good gamers then I will keep flooding EA's forums and PM inboxes with your and my suggestions/complaints.

I'm certainly going to keep at them to give FIFA 12 an ultra sim mode that would make Placebo blush..

This sounds brilliant BUT!

A big issue is Him
YouTube - World Cup 2010 - Online Goals Compilation
him
YouTube - 2010 FIFA World Cup: South Africa "The Beautiful England" Online Goal Compilation
and even though i like his video's him!
YouTube - 2010 Fifa World Cup South Africa Online Goals Compilation

It's great EA are listening to you words of wisdom but they have this huge fanbase of young teenagers and kids who only care about atheistics and skills. I was playing FIFA 08 again today, and it was the LAST fifa game to play like a football game, despite the basic keepers and other limits! Also last year we were promised that Passing would be much harder from the early play testers.

If the game plays how you say it will, many of these players will leave or moan, i just hope EA could find a way to give them their own settings in unranked matches etc.. for them to play in so EA won't be criticized.

I just hope that they are building FIFA for the simulation players like you so in normal ranked games it will play in the way that you have described it to play. Will EA make the game adjustable for these youtube players so they can keep their own 'style' :JAY: to themselves :P

Last edited:

A big issue is Him
YouTube - World Cup 2010 - Online Goals Compilation
him
YouTube - 2010 FIFA World Cup: South Africa "The Beautiful England" Online Goal Compilation
YouTube - 2010 Fifa World Cup South Africa Online Goals Compilation

It's great EA are listening to you words of wisdom but they have this huge fanbase of young teenagers and kids who only care about atheistics and skills. I was playing FIFA 08 again today, and it was the LAST fifa game to play like a football game, despite the basic keepers and other limits! Also last year we were promised that Passing would be much harder from the early play testers.

If the game plays how you say it will, many of these players will leave or moan, i just hope EA could find a way to give them their own settings in unranked matches etc.. for them to play in so EA won't be criticized.

I just hope that they are building FIFA for the simulation players like you so in normal ranked games it will play in the way that you have described it to play. Will EA make the game adjustable for these youtube players so they can keep their own 'style' :JAY: to themselves :P

That first one is just pathetic! Get rid of all this shit EA!! All the spinning around made me dizzy and I would say it belongs in a Winter Olympics game for Ice Skating!!

The second one, well, Rob Green made a save when it should have creeped under him so very unrealistic ;) Didn't watch anymore after that as I would have ended up smashing my monitor from watching such cack.

What annoys me is how proud they are about all their bullshit play!!!!!

For this reason FIFA and PES offline suffers as the game has to be tweaked to accomodate online doiks, who, if they could would just line everyone up in one big line and charge up and down the field doing rainbow flicks and trying to score from their own corner flag...

The comments on these videos too, all praising the players as some sort of Fifa gods.

Frustrating.

That first one is just pathetic! Get rid of all this shit EA!! All the spinning around made me dizzy and I would say it belongs in a Winter Olympics game for Ice Skating!!

The second one, well, Rob Green made a save when it should have creeped under him so very unrealistic ;) Didn't watch anymore after that as I would have ended up smashing my monitor from watching such cack.

What annoys me is how proud they are about all their bullshit play!!!!!
For this reason FIFA and PES offline suffers as the game has to be tweaked to accomodate online doiks, who, if they could would just line everyone up in one big line and charge up and down the field doing rainbow flicks and trying to score from their own corner flag...

This is the million dollar question! We have heard great improvements with the simulation aspect of FIFA 11. I just wonder if this all comes out to be true and FIFA 11 plays like a sim are EA really saying fuck you to these players?

I would think it's best the built the game to how Romi is advising them and let Patterson run wild, then at the end allow these players to play unranked or on their own settings to tweak the game (make it faster, two button controls maybe) so they can continue loving the game how they want.

A big issue is Him

him

I don't really get the hate, these guys (unless tricks are easier on Assisted, that's it) are just exceptionally good at this game.

I do agree that certain tricks shouldn't be available to just about everyone on the pitch and that their effectiveness, along with the frequency at which one can connect them successfully should be toned down by quite a lot and tied up with players' stats, to think that every single player on the online leaderboards could pull off such stunts consistently however is downright ridicolous.

Just like the SWOS competitive scene got 10 or so people out of thousands of players capable of connecting combos of 5+ headers and go straight from their GK to the back of the opponents' net, FIFA got these hardcore guys. Nothing wrong with it, they've prolly spent lots and lots of time honing their skills and are gifted with above average reflexes and dexterity, more power to them.

Case in point being the fact that even though I've been part of a pretty large community of players that plays months-long tournaments and leagues on full-manual settings ever since FIFA 10 came out and albeit I've had my fair share of ping-pong passing abusive opponents online (especially on the FIFA Online WC) over the past year or so, I've yet to come across someone as proficient with tricks as the guys who made those videos.

I consider myself a decent player (2nd place and best defense in TAMFA Season 2, etc.), however I'd never be able to do the stuff pictured above in a real match and neither could the TAMFA or FUMAS or PESTOURNAMENTS top dogs. Thus, I don't really see the problem (these blowhards are prolly like 0.5% of the userbase at best anyway).

I don't really get the hate, these guys (unless tricks are easier on Assisted, that's it) are just exceptionally good at this game.
I do agree that certain tricks shouldn't be available to just about everyone on the pitch and that their effectiveness, along with the frequency at which one can connect them successfully should be toned down by quite a lot and tied up with players' stats, to think that every single player on the online leaderboards could pull off such stunts consistently however is downright ridicolous.

Just like the SWOS competitive scene got 10 or so people out of thousands of players capable of connecting combos of 5+ headers and go straight from their GK to the back of the opponents' net, FIFA got these hardcore guys. Nothing wrong with it, they've prolly spent lots and lots of time honing their skills and are gifted with above average reflexes and dexterity, more power to them.

Case in point being the fact that even though I've been part of a pretty large community of players that plays months-long tournaments and leagues on full-manual settings ever since FIFA 10 came out and albeit I've had my fair share of ping-pong passing abusive opponents online (especially on the FIFA Online WC) over the past year or so, I've yet to come across someone as proficient with tricks as the guys who made those videos.

Searain trust me, I've hundreds of players as good as them! it's true that philpoott dude has no life and spends all his life playing fifa and making videos (I think he makes one every 2-3 days):CONFUSE: but it's really, really easy to pull of the tricks they do, like i said, they are really easy! I started with the tricks back in 08, learnt all of them in 09 and the ones in 10.

Just watch a few tutorials and boom off you go

Also as you can see with the defensive ai being SO inept they can just walk through players defences untroubled! The worst thing for me is fucking Agbonlahor up front. A player so average he didn't even make the final 30 cut for the England Squad! You would think he was fucking the great Ronaldo they way they use him :FAIL:

I know your a manual play but still, just relax and you will see all they do is spam the x button with one twos to the fast strikers do a fews skills and shoot in places were they know they will score, they are all about fancy goals and using the trick stick, and putting no effort into their build up!

I consider myself a decent player (2nd place and best defense in TAMFA Season 2, etc.),

The Xbox one for 09 was much harder and i was 1st after 10 games :P :COAT:

however I'd never be able to do the stuff pictured above in a real match and neither could the TAMFA or FUMAS or PESTOURNAMENTS top dogs. Thus, I don't really see the problem (these blowhards are prolly like 0.5% of the userbase at best anyway).

Nah sorry bit it really is at least 40% of players do this!

Last edited:

The problem is it's kids like this that do nothing but play FIFA all day and night online untill they know every inch of the game inside and out, who then spend all the rest of their time on YouTube and FIFA forums; banging on over and over again about how easy it is to win 15 nill on Legend mode with the pad up thier arse while playing with themselves in the mirror...

We're never going to get the Sim we're all after when the game has to accommodate people like this that if the could would trick stick all the way down the pitch with the keeper...

I'm sorry dude, but that's just plain wrong. With hundreds of games online in FIFA I'm yet to play anyone like that. I've played a lot of idiots but not anyone like that.

There are loads, many of them are stifled against some of the experienced players here because you can actually play the game.

That guy KSAOdjabet whatever look at him here vs a man who admit's he's an average player who doesn't use skills:
YouTube - KSIOlajidebt vs Antoholland: Arsenal vs Spain ft Van Persie, Fabregas, Torres & Villa FIFA 10 Sports

The other two aren't that much better, you will play against these guys but easily stifle them because you can actually play the game. :)

The problem is it's kids like this that do nothing but play FIFA all day and night online untill they know every inch of the game inside and out, who then spend all the rest of their time on YouTube and FIFA forums; banging on over and over again about how easy it is to win 15 nill on Legend mode with the pad up thier arse while playing with themselves in the mirror...

We're never going to get the Sim we're all after when the game has to accommodate people like this that if the could would trick stick all the way down the pitch with the keeper...

:COOL:

Last edited:

The problem with it is you don't see goals like some of that complete bollocks in real life. Unrealistic = Bullshit to me.

Luckily I haven't come across many who do constant tricks like that but even watching it annoys the hell out of me. Cartoon bullshit!

I still pray the passing is what I expect it to be after reading roman's posts.

Back
Top Bottom