Fifa 11 Xbox 360/PS3

Re: Fifa 11

There is too much blocking by defenders when you try to shoot the ball from around the penalty box.Sometimes it gets ridiculous as I seem to have a perfect view for the shot but somehow a defender or midfielder manages to throw himself and block the shot.It happens too much

On the subject of ball physics, the worst is those super-curling Lob passes that look so fake. I think crosses and long passes in general need to feel much more natural and organic, right now they feel too fabricated and homed-in even in Manual.

The falling backwards outside of the boot crosses! arrgh!

I think the ball is more 'free' in the world cup game. Clearances mainly, more often then not bounce into space where as in fifa10 they always went to the striker.

I really hope they get rid of the precise shot-pass where you hold one of the trigger buttons and press teh shoot button and 9/10 that side footed shot goes in.

i hate that

On the subject of ball physics, the worst is those super-curling Lob passes that look so fake. I think crosses and long passes in general need to feel much more natural and organic, right now they feel too fabricated and homed-in even in Manual.
I like that the ball swerves with those inside of the foot long passes, but again, FIFA 10 seriously overdid the swerve. It's a case of toning those numbers down.

As for accuracy, it's the recipient who is too accurate. Hence players can receive a 70 yard pass over the shoulder on the chest while sprinting. EA have worked quite a bit on this; as I said in my write up from Guildford, crossing was one of the strongest aspects of the game IMO.

I think the ball is more 'free' in the world cup game. Clearances mainly, more often then not bounce into space where as in fifa10 they always went to the striker.
I have pretty much forsaken FIFA 10. I only play it for Clubs but that has stopped too more or less. There are so many subtle changes and refinements that I can't live without. Dribbling is a hundred times better, the chesting bug is gone, you can trap the ball in most directions, the passing feels a lot crisper (though apparently EA didn't touch the passes at all - maybe it's the pitch texture that makes the ball seem more connected to the ground), the swerve is toned down, the players move less floatily (still a bit floaty mind) etc.. I feel more articulate with WC2010.

I reckon this causes confusion as well because I'm generally talking from a WC2010 standpoint, not FIFA 10.
Gameplay is a lot better than 10 in many ways, I really hope the world cup game was used as the basis of 11 rather than 10.

It's more or less the same gameplay team who work on one as the other - each had their own production teams (Rutter and Humber) who put the gameplay, game modes etc into a package.

I think 11 was built on whatever they had halfway between 10 and WC, at which point it splintered off and became a separate project. Speculation based on a couple of things in the old build, like the dribbling, but in the new builds it's at least as responsive as WC2010.

I really hope they get rid of the precise shot-pass where you hold one of the trigger buttons and press teh shoot button and 9/10 that side footed shot goes in.

i hate that

This was underpowered in Guildford, if anything. This and lobs were both overcorrected.

Last edited:

Feels so good to hear them talking about these things.

This is good.I mean they are talking about fixing the most important things in terms of gameplay.Now we need videos for proof but so far so good.
I really hope they're not BSing us

I'm glad they're showing visual examples from old games, and noticing that it looks shit now. That's a relief.

Guys please :D stop

Nobody said that Fifa pc will be like version for console. ,, Fifa11 will be NG '' means nothing ,also NG engine means nothing! I think there will be graphics like in Fifa09 for xbox360/ps3 + 360 dribbling. Physic , colision system and other things will be like in old pc fifa games. To be honest EA policy is addressed to xbox/ps3 . I think they Microsoft and Sony have much to say on this . Dont forget about Ultimate Team and other.Guys dont expect even 50% pc version like console one.

I've no idea why you'd think that. If they're gunna use the next-gen engine, which despite what you say, it does mean something, then I suspect it'd be harder to take out the features you've mentioned than leaving them in.

http://www.easportsfootball.co.uk/news/item/file/FIFA-11-PC-Announcement

"The physics-based, data-driven technology behind the EA SPORTS football engine has been optimised for PC to deliver true freedom on the pitch with individuality of player control and movement, sophisticated ball touches, and physical interaction between players. FIFA 11 PC will feature the market-leading true 360° dribbling system that gives players precise control of the ball and next-generation animation technology that delivers Skilled Dribbling, enabling skilled dribblers to face defenders and use highly responsive lateral dribbling to skip past them. Plus, Physical Play has been improved using collision sharing, creating a varied, less predictable, and extended fight for possession between players."

The new defensive AI vid is music to my ears. To be honest, i'm liking that they've acknowledged that Fifa10 wasn't perfect and are going back to sort things out. I bet we get some proper announcements in a few weeks. There must be a reason they aren't showing us any footage...

:APPLAUD:

Can I claim this one too? :LOL:
If you don't I will on your behalf!

I made sure the devs saw your vid and pictures pretty early. They were probably improving a lot of it already but you can't be too careful... If you assume stuff is going to be fixed and don't say anything then it's a whole year before they can get it right again.

I can't say it enough - video examples are utterly essential. If EA can't see a vid then they have to try and understand what you mean. You might think they should know what you're talking about a lot of the time, but they're looking at the game through completely different eyes. Vids are the only way to guarantee they can tell what you mean.

Like I said in my Guildford hands on post (part 2 will pretty much be me saying things I've already covered due to subsequent questions from you lot!)I didn't see it happen at all in Guildford. I think Adam said he spotted it though. So it's vastly cut down, but I did let EA know that apparently it wasn't 100% gone yet. Again though I didn't see it first hand in 8 hours.

The new defensive AI vid is music to my ears. To be honest, i'm liking that they've acknowledged that Fifa10 wasn't perfect and are going back to sort things out. I bet we get some proper announcements in a few weeks. There must be a reason they aren't showing us any footage...

+1

Another thing I hope EA has been made aware of is how more often than not your cb's get put into the wall on free kicks. It leaves you very open at the back. I'm talking about fk's far out when in real life your cb's would never make up the wall.

Can we split the PC + 360/PS3 threads? Must admit I'm finding it extremely tedious to read "will Fifa11 be next gen on PC?" "wow I'm so excited it'll be next gen on PC" blah blah........

Placebo said:
Can we split the PC + 360/PS3 threads? Must admit I'm finding it extremely tedious to read "will Fifa11 be next gen on PC?" "wow I'm so excited it'll be next gen on PC" blah blah........
Why not split it further. one for the ps3 and the other for the 360.

Jumbo_ said:
Because those versions are pretty much identical you plank.
So is the pc version you headless chicken. They have ported the same engine as the console version.

Guess you diddnt catch my sarcasm in suggesting that to placebo.

So is the pc version you headless chicken. They have ported the same engine as the console version.

Guess you diddnt catch my sarcasm in suggesting that to placebo.

They've never said that FIFA11 be identical on PC and consoles. Actually, what they say is "Program core for next-gen consoles now in EA Sports FIFA11 the PC".

They've never said that FIFA11 be identical on PC and consoles. Actually, what they say is "Program core for next-gen consoles now in EA Sports FIFA11 the PC".

program core? all the stuff i been reading as specifically said the pc version will use the same yes the same game engine as the console version. Maybe it means the same thing but thats whats been announced.

They also never said fifa 11 on pc "wont" be identical to the console version unless you got a link stating that?

EA would be idiots not to include the same features as the console version. what will be their excuse for not adding say 10v10? "pc's cant handle high player count online" :LOL:

EAUK_FIFA

There you go FIFA PC fans, now confirmed that #FIFA11 PC will use a Next-Gen engine. I can hear the cheers from here.

This isn't the way to phrase a port of the 360/PS3-version. That's also the feeling I've got from reading the announcements, the feature list will be different but built from the same engine to some extent.

Also, when are we getting over this next-gen bullshit about the consoles that has been on the market for many years? What will next generation be called? Next-next-gen?

program core? all the stuff i been reading as specifically said the pc version will use the same yes the same game engine as the console version. Maybe it means the same thing but thats whats been announced.

They also never said fifa 11 on pc "wont" be identical to the console version unless you got a link stating that?

EA would be idiots not to include the same features as the console version. what will be their excuse for not adding say 10v10? "pc's cant handle high player count online" :LOL:

It will use the same engine, yes (hence program core). Same engine =/= same game. GTA3 used the same engine as San Andreas.. (now, it's unlikely there would be that big a difference but still). They're WAY to vague to actually have the console game on PC.

It will use the same engine, yes (hence program core). Same engine =/= same game. GTA3 used the same engine as San Andreas.. (now, it's unlikely there would be that big a difference but still). They're WAY to vague to actually have the console game on PC.
And what difference to you think the pc version will have? the only difference i can come up with is less/more game modes and game features. more or less customizations etc etc but when it all comes down to the actual gameplay. it will be identical unless EA are bullshitting again.

Back
Top Bottom