Fifa 11 Xbox 360/PS3

Re: Fifa 11

Yes offline only and they are off by default since they haven't included any AI for trying to avoid handballing and so on. You can choose to have fully on (including penalties) or only for freekicks.

Yes offline only and they are off by default since they haven't included any AI for trying to avoid handballing and so on. You can choose to have fully on (including penalties) or only for freekicks.

Now that's very interesting.

That's really good. It's a shame we don't have a thomas that keeps everything up to date on the first page. Guess we will just have to repeatedly ask you miserable buggers.......

So is the pc version the same NG engine as the consoles?

All these secondary aspects sound so interesting, i really hope i can endure the gameplay this time around because it'd be a shame to miss out on a lot of the stuff they're bringing in.

Yes it's confirmed they are in with the option to turn them off...

I'm also sure they are not in online only offline...
Why no fucking handballs online!?!? EA are such cunts ffs. Handball is handball. It's a free kick or penalty. Whether you mean it or not.

Handball is handball. It's a free kick or penalty. Whether you mean it or not.

Um no

Actually, one could argue that illegal handball is not possible in FIFA. Handball is unnatural arm (or hand) movement and in theory that doesn't exist in FIFA..

Why no fucking handballs online!?!? EA are such cunts ffs. Handball is handball. It's a free kick or penalty. Whether you mean it or not.

I don't want handball at all. I can't control it, and the players on the pitch don't move their hands away. It's just another thing for people to be enraged by when someone scores a goal.

That said I think it's only removed from ranked games, if at all. I might be wrong, I barely remember reading such a thing at all. Links anyone?

Might be worth finding out for yourself, as opposed to calling the devs cunts?

Last edited:

Possible PC news:

http://www.ea.com/pl/news/fifa11-na-pc-krol-tez-bedzie-tylko-jeden

Translation:

In FIFA 11 on PC will be used for technology used in the version of the game for the PlayStation ® 3 and Xbox 360 ®. Producers of the last two years working on this for PC gamers can enjoy the highest quality 1911 FIFA fun.

- This is an opportune moment to introduce innovations in the FIFA series on the PC platform - said Kaz Makita, executive producer of the 11th FIFA - With the launch of FIFA 11 on PC will offer high-quality gameplay, innovative modes of play and stunning graphics. Everything that made the FIFA series is best assessed by a sports brand is available to holders of the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360

Become a fan of EA Sports FIFA on Facebook!

Graphics technology and physics have been optimized for the PC allowing players to true freedom in controlling the players on the pitch. Faithfully was given the behavior of the ball and the interaction between players. In FIFA 11 on PC will be 360-degree system of dribbling, which allows precise control of the ball. This happens a new generation of animation and also launched a special mechanic that allows for quick bypass defenders.

fifa11pc.jpg

Last edited:

Geneva - July 8, 2010 - Electronic Arts Inc. announces that the software kernel, which became the foundation has won universal recognition game series EA SPORTSTM FIFA for entertainment PlayStation ® 3 and Xbox 360 ®, is used in the PC-version of FIFA 11. Optimization of kernel to run on computers that took two years, and now the game system, modes, and visual effects, designed for next-generation gaming consoles will be used in FIFA 11 for PC.

"We have always sought to modernize and develop a series of EA SPORTS FIFA for the PC, and now comes the crucial moment, - said Executive Producer Kaz Makita, - FIFA 11 for PC gaming system gets a high quality, innovative modes and stunning graphics that have made a series of rankings leader in sports games for the PlayStation3 and Xbox 360 and winner of more than 50 awards "Sports Game of the Year".

Program core EA SPORTS, using a special database and the physical model has been optimized to run on a PC in order to give players the freedom to manage the game, the ability to move freely across the field and carry out complex attacks. Also with it implemented physical interaction between players. In the game FIFA 11 for PC will use an innovative system of the ball in any direction, allowing players to better control the ball as well as a new generation of animation technology, which allows master dribbling - technically skilled players will now be on meeting face to face with a lawyer to apply the virtuosic cross dribble and get past an opponent. In addition, the physical model of the new improved system of data reduction game collision that allows players to lead a more varied, interesting and less predictable struggle for the ball.

Characteristics and modes of PC-version of the game FIFA 11 will be announced shortly.

Good news at last then for PC users!

I don't want handball at all. I can't control it, and the players on the pitch don't move their hands away. It's just another thing for people to be enraged by when someone scores a goal.
But it's part of football. It should be in. And they should add movements so the players do try and move their hands away from the ball.

Might be worth finding out for yourself, as opposed to calling the devs cunts?
I know for a fact they are cunts. They'll fuck loads of stuff up, they do every year.

Re: PES 2011 Discussion thread

Looks like we'll have 2 decent footy games on PC this year then. EA seem to have finally got their act together

fifa11pc.jpg

FIFA PC blows ass. Is there even a debate about that? Until they import the next-gen game (never gonna happen), I wouldn't consider getting it for a second.

Now, will anyone post those FirstPlay PES2011 magazine scans??

FIFA PC blows ass. Is there even a debate about that? Until they import the next-gen game (never gonna happen), I wouldn't consider getting it for a second.

You may wanna read this...

Electronic Arts announced today that the football engine that drives the award-winning EA SPORTSTM FIFA gameplay on the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and Xbox 360® videogame and entertainment system has arrived for FIFA 11 PC. Two years in development, the console game engine has been optimised for PC, delivering next generation console-quality gameplay, game modes and visuals to FIFA 11 PC.

“The EA SPORTS FIFA franchise is committed to investing and innovating for PC and this is a watershed moment,” said Executive Producer Kaz Makita. “We are delivering to FIFA 11 PC the high quality gameplay, innovative game modes and stunning graphics that have made FIFA the highest rated sports game on the PlayStation3 and Xbox 360 and winner of over 50 sports game of the year awards.”

The physics-based, data-driven technology behind the EA SPORTS football engine has been optimised for PC to deliver true freedom on the pitch with individuality of player control and movement, sophisticated ball touches, and physical interaction between players. FIFA 11 PC will feature the market-leading true 360° dribbling system that gives players precise control of the ball and next generation animation technology that delivers Skilled Dribbling, enabling skilled dribblers to face defenders and use highly responsive lateral dribbling to skip past them. Plus, Physical Play has been improved using collision sharing, creating a varied, less predictable, and extended fight for possession between players.

FIFA 11 PC features and game modes will be revealed in the coming weeks and months. Visit FIFA 11 : Soccer Game : EA SPORTS for more information.

Hopefully we'll finally have 2 good games on PC this year

A rumour that comes to roost ... Superb superb news, editable FIFA after quite a heinous :APPLAUD:

This is a really interesting read about ball physics by Craig Johnston (former LFC Aussie Winger and creator of the Predator boot).

http://www.docshare.com/doc/223643/CJ-Mr-Blatter-Letter-re-Jabulani-Ball-July-20

An open letter to Sepp Blatter on the shite WC ball but the technical section at the foot of the letter should be read by any football game developers.

As far as I know they already simulate most of the aspects of ball flight. One aspect which has yet to be implemented is simulating the changing drag patterns over the surface of a ball as it is in flight. This mainly affects balls that are not spinning at all. When the ball slowly rotates in the air (maybe just half or quarter a revolution for the entire flight path), the seams and other kinks on the outside of the ball will grab on to the air in an alternating fashion (first a seam on the left side might come into strong contact with the wind draft, which will raise the pressure on that side, forcing the ball to the right despite the ball not curling at all, and there can be several of these little shifts left, right, up or down).

It's not like this is something new to the Jabulani ball. Erratic movement has always been there for these types of shots (Juninho makes a living off it for his long freekicks to find their way past the goalkeeper despite the goalkeeper having plenty of time available to see the ball). Since the outer shell of the ball has almost no seams this might contribute to different behavior, though the 2006 World Cup Teamgeist ball was also completely glued together and had alot less seams that your standard 32-panel ball, and I don't really recall anyone making any complaints back then). Weight is also on the heavier side of FIFA standards, so it's not a plastic beachball in that sense.

The biggest difference from the WC2006 ball seems to be the tiny bumps and textures on the outside of the ball, which might make it more sensitive to the air that flows over it, possibly leading to a bit more fluctuations of the trajectory.

I also find the insinuation that the Jabulani ball somehow is responsible for the missed goals (*cough*England*cough*) a bit lame. At this point it seems fashionable to blame the ball, I constantly hear commentators and such in Sweden mentioning Jabulani whenever a goalkeeper has problems with a save, or a shot dips suddenly. Weight, Internal air pressure, size etc are no different from previous World Cups. The ball isn't going to "nervously jump from the boots of players" when they shoot, as if it compresses vastly differently from any other equally pressurized sphere of the same size and weight. If anything the very uniform panel design will ensure that the ball compresses very evenly, not folding around the panel ridges, which also seems to be the findings of the designers who themselves have done very controlled tests.

You could also make the case that even if the Jabulani ball is more "springy", so that it spends less time in contact with the boot (though as long as the balls are properly inflated the internal air pressure will allow basically the same level of compression for similar strikes), this will actually lead to a truer contact. If you've played with a ball which has lost some air pressure, shooting those kinds of balls usually means that the ball compresses further against the foot, and unless you strike it dead center, it has a higher tendency to roll off the side of the boot as it squishes against it, leading to balls that trail off to the sides.

Obviously my observations are armchair musings at best (I don't even have one to be honest :( ), but he has stated "trajectory" as one of the forces that determines the path of a ball. From Wikipedia: "A trajectory is the path a moving object follows through space as a function of time" (wherein the movement itself is determined by forces). So a trajectory is the result of forces imparted on an object, not a force in and of itself. Maybe just a typo but seems kind of hastily put together.

I seem to recall some institute recently did some comparative tests and found something, but I have yet to read it. Anyone got a link or read it and can comment? :)

Last edited:

But it's part of football. It should be in. And they should add movements so the players do try and move their hands away from the ball.
It's not about moving their hands away from the ball so much as moving their hands towards the ball. You have no control over that, nor can you realistically control that.

The "it's in real football therefor it should be in a football game" line is really tenuous. It should only be in the game if it works.

Ultimately EA will decide if it should stay in based on this year's game and people's feedback. I'm sure everyone else would agree that it'd be better to test the water with something as contentious as handbells and be called cunts by a handful of overly aggressive people than dive in headfirst, risking breaking the game for everyone and being called by everyone else as well as the overly aggressive people who didn't think it through.

I know for a fact they are cunts. They'll fuck loads of stuff up, they do every year.

Do you do after dinner speaking?

Last edited:

It's not like this is something new to the Jabulani ball. Erratic movement has always been there for these types of shots (Juninho makes a living off it for his long freekicks to find their way past the goalkeeper despite the goalkeeper having plenty of time available to see the ball). Since the outer shell of the ball has almost no seams this might contribute to different behavior, though the 2006 World Cup Teamgeist ball was also completely glued together and had alot less seams that your standard 32-panel ball, and I don't really recall anyone making any complaints back then). Weight is also on the heavier side of FIFA standards, so it's not a plastic beachball in that sense.

Oh, there were a lot then too.

http://www.worldcupblog.org/world-cup-2006/the-roundest-ball-the-biggest-headaches-for-world-cup-keepers.html

(just the first result of a quick google search). I remember talking about it with my fellow goalkeepers and goalkeeper coaches a lot too. It was a nightmare, particularly as we switched between playing with the real ball and the fake cheap one (that resembles older balls a lot more).

This is a really interesting read about ball physics by Craig Johnston (former LFC Aussie Winger and creator of the Predator boot).

http://www.docshare.com/doc/223643/CJ-Mr-Blatter-Letter-re-Jabulani-Ball-July-20

An open letter to Sepp Blatter on the shite WC ball but the technical section at the foot of the letter should be read by any football game developers.

This article is totally spot on... This World Cup has been a disgrace from beginning to end. Watching it has been like playing a next gen FIFA game frustration level wise.

@Ball physics

[For FIFA 09 or so] EA got a contractor in specifically to develop a complex ball physics engine which is why the deflection system and 99% of the contacts with the ball are very convincing. The bit EA vary from that point is the numbers that are applied to the ball movement (amount of ball spin for example). The reason why the ball tends to float or curve too much is because the numbers are off, not the physics engine.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom