Fifa 11 Xbox 360/PS3

Re: Fifa 11

I need news about this bloody game. Otherwise my lack of football game will kill me. :(

FIFA 11 comes out 28/9 it always come on 29/10 here in the states I guess WC year made it so.

There are loads of videos of Gary/Rutter talking about changes they are making this year if you haven't seen them yet Stu. I think the YouTube channel is FIFAHDgaming?

I need some news on this too. I'm kind of enjoying WC2010 but I never feel like I can cut loose - everything feels like it might be an exploit, every pass feels like I shouldn't be able to complete it. I think I'd be a better FIFA player if I didn't feel like I was cheating or being cheated all the time.

There are loads of videos of Gary/Rutter talking about changes they are making this year if you haven't seen them yet Stu. I think the YouTube channel is FIFAHDgaming?

I need some news on this too. I'm kind of enjoying WC2010 but I never feel like I can cut loose - everything feels like it might be an exploit, every pass feels like I shouldn't be able to complete it. I think I'd be a better FIFA player if I didn't feel like I was cheating or being cheated all the time.

http://www.youtube.com/user/FifaGamingHD

:))

Just a thought I hope the custom chants will be volume adjusted to fit in with the rest of the sound, I remember one patch for WE6 I think where some of the chants were much louder than others and I nearly blew my speakers and woke the neighbour...

Just a thought I hope the custom chants will be volume adjusted to fit in with the rest of the sound, I remember one patch for WE6 I think where some of the chants were much louder than others and I nearly blew my speakers and woke the neighbour...

With the sort-of confirmed news that replays are just flash videos stored locally and not game data, I am wary there will be some as-of-yet unnamed limitations to this feature aswell.

Wanted to weigh on on the debate about the new penalty system - really they just need to copy MLB the show pitching system for example - so basically the idea is even if you get the composure bar perfect error is still introduced to the kicks based on the players' skill. In MLB, even if you hit perfect on the accuracy meter, based on your pitchers' stats the pitch can go awry regardless. Seems like an easy fix and if what Paterson is saying is true about them going thru every attribute to make sure it works, that should be how it works in Fifa 11....

Maybe this has been posted before, but you do realize this new passing system is going to open the Barcelona spam floodgates don't you?

If you think online is horrid now, just wait until your passes can be off unless you pick the best team to play with online who's passing margin of error will be less.

I played the WC game last night for the first time in a couple of weeks and I got spammed by Germany over and over. Before the WC started, it was Spain Spain Spain.

I truly hope they get the offline portion of this game spot on because I can't take online anymore.

Maybe this has been posted before, but you do realize this new passing system is going to open the Barcelona spam floodgates don't you?

If you think online is horrid now, just wait until your passes can be off unless you pick the best team to play with online who's passing margin of error will be less.

I played the WC game last night for the first time in a couple of weeks and I got spammed by Germany over and over. Before the WC started, it was Spain Spain Spain.

I truly hope they get the offline portion of this game spot on because I can't take online anymore.

Open? I'm sorry, but as far as I know you can't open anything that is already wide open. As you just pointed out it's already that way.. I don't think anything is going to change.

Besides, all we've heard so far says it'll be well balanced and remove ping pong passing etc even for Barcelona etc. That can't be a bad thing.

Open? I'm sorry, but as far as I know you can't open anything that is already wide open. As you just pointed out it's already that way.. I don't think anything is going to change.

Besides, all we've heard so far says it'll be well balanced and remove ping pong passing etc even for Barcelona etc. That can't be a bad thing.

I hope the lip service EA are paying is actually true. The amount of changes they are making could severely hamper other parts of the game in terms of code. You radically change something and another piece won't work. I bet you money the defense is still screwed and that is what they will say they are working on for '12.

If the atmosphere in MM isn't better, I don't think I will even pick up this game.

Why don't you just NOT play against people who pick Barca?? Just don't ready up. I've never understood people complaining but not actually doing anything about it. I literally never play against Spain and only very rarely against Germany, even though people go to pick them all the time.

Barcelona still have passing error. But people would pick them regardless of whether attributes matter or not, whether it's FIFA or PES. But suggesting that putting individuality is a bad thing because people will choose the best teams when you have the option to quit out of a team selection screen and the game unreadies you if they try to con you a la PES's of old, is just mental.

Well, generally, if you go on assisted it's damned difficult to get people pick even teams anyway. I once played someone... I put my team on 2.5 stars, and he picked 3. I picked 3, he picked 3.5, I picked 3.5, he picked 4, I picked 4, he picked 4.5, and I picked 4.5, he picked Barcelona. I almost cried (considering this took about a minute).

The best thing to do would be to actually have a rating system which actively gave a shit about what you used. Make using a lesser club not a losing proposition. Romagnoli's solution works up to a point but it shouldn't be necessary. The worst thing about the current situation is there is very little doubt that the best thing to do IS to use the best team possible. The rating system clearly doesn't, however much it tries, counter for those effects. I don't mind playing people if I know that I'm not playing in a game where basically all that matters is winning.

I wouldn't mind playing against Barcelona if I knew that the rewards were evened out with how good they were. The reward to do this is already part of teh game - it just doesn't do near enough. The current system is so biased towards who wins that you might as well always use the team you are most likely to win with.

Incidentally - does anyone use those 3-3.5 star filters?

Last edited:

You know watching the videos in the video thread made realise again that the crowd make the exact same noise every time a goal is scored. 35 yard volley, 2 yard tap in, 90th minute winner etc. The same unauthentic 'Yayyy' noise each time at the same level of volume.

Is there any word on them changing the atmosphere of the game minus the ability to add custom chants? (which as has been discussed is still quite vague at the moment and might not be relevant to this anyway)

ahh the joys of playing with people u know or in online leagues. i never experience such shit you talk about as you play with randoms while i dont

I wonder if this means they'll be more editing options available for real teams and players, seems unlikely to me. But at least people should be able to add teams not in the game this way.

Euro release: 1st October
North American release: 28 September

creation3.jpg

The hexagon! Or heptagon, is it, in this case?

I want to be excited about this feature but its got clones written all over it.

creation3.jpg

The hexagon! Or heptagon, is it, in this case?

I saw that and was moved to tears. Not really, but I seriously hope it is in the game, because FIFA10 is HORRIBLE at giving you an overview of players capabilities. Scrolling through that godawful list of attributes pains me. Atleast make the entire list visible at once, even if you have to split it up into 2 separate columns.

I saw that and was moved to tears. Not really, but I seriously hope it is in the game, because FIFA10 is HORRIBLE at giving you an overview of players capabilities. Scrolling through that godawful list of attributes pains me. Atleast make the entire list visible at once, even if you have to split it up into 2 separate columns.

:WORSHIP: Amen to that EA's menus are crap with a capitol C, all that info on one page please and let us do side by side comparisons too...

This is surely the most interesting screenshot.

creation2.jpg

Anyone have any idea what we will use this for? And obviously not the obvious answer, but will we be able to create custom leagues and use them in the game or will this essentially be virtual pro+ and that it will only allow you to create one team per user in clubs, friendlies and things like that?

I can't see them allowing extra leagues into the game for friendlies let alone for MM so it seems like it would be a perfect function.....for PES!

Now if it was a (batch) editor for the teams in the game it would be great, give the likes of bolton decent formations and tactics without having to go through it all with the pad.

This is surely the most interesting screenshot.

Not for me, but then I'm used to seeing that in the database so perhaps why ;)

I can't say this creation centre does anything for me personally, I only play MM so I can't see how it will affect that, of course if you can create or download whole new leagues to put into MM then yes that'd be awesome, but sadly I don't see EA doing that, ever. I guess all I can hope for is that with the new creation centre thingy it somehow means that finally created/generated players will have proper 2d heads and not those crappy black silhouettes and that they finally fixed the missing name bug.

Last edited:

Oops, already deleted the post.

Anyway, does anybody else remember reading something about custom stadiums? Or was it only nets?

Back
Top Bottom