Fifa 11 Xbox 360/PS3

Re: Fifa 11

Another thread on my beloved topic; my last push to get the assisted/semi/manual situation the changes it deserves before FIFA 11 releases:Clickie

I have had just as many cheats (glitches) going my way as the CPU. I think the cheat screamers never take note of when they score cheap goals themselves.

Romagnoli,

Thanks for all the info, I've been lurking this thread for a while and it's been a great read thanks in most part to you.

I just read through the "FIFA Cheats" section of the conversation and I wanted to respond in your favor for what may be the silent majority. FIFA doesn't "cheat" in many of the ways that are being described. Some circumstances are bugs/errors in animation that need to be fixed, but MOST "cheats" that I've read posted in this thread come from user error (or "CPU assistance" error, or "user not pressing L2+R2" error... whatever you want to call it)

You've already pointed out the significance of using L2+R2 to "release" your player from the path-seeking "assistance" in order to gain free control of your player. This is typically best used in defensive situations, when you want to "break" the AI assistance in directing you along an intercept path to the ball. I can understand the frustrations and accusations of "cheating" when your controlled player is slowed against your control when trying to play defense. But it isn't the CPU "cheating" to defeat you, it's an "error" of poor path-finding assistance, or an "error" of not using R2+L2 to break free of the assistance.

As for the complaint against the CPU playing keep-away with "GOD-like" ability at the end of matches when the CPU has a lead, my only suggestion is to lower the difficulty if this ruins your ability to enjoy the game. Maybe EA needs to take a look at toning down the CPU's player skill in keep-away situations, but for me personally I enjoy the feature. I play 10 minute halves, so time-wasting by the CPU is less of a problem for me (when they are successful) and I've also gotten good enough to force the CPU out of possession when they try it.

I also do it to the CPU (and much more often to a human opponent) and it's pretty easy to pull off if you use the shield mechanic in this game. I could deny the CPU from touching the ball the entire game with ease if I wanted to, BUT I don't think the CPU could do it to me, so I wouldn't call it a CPU "cheat". It's a cheap trick that can be used by CPU or human, it's just the CPU is programmed to use it (and therefore does so) in most leading-at-the-end-of-game situations.

Anyways, for the people who feel the computer "cheats" against them, I ask that you re-read what Romagnoli has written about it over the last few pages. What you are experiencing isn't "cheating" in the sense that the CPU is handicapping you or boosting their stats in order to defeat you, BUT is either an error/bug (typically in animation) or more likely the CPU "assisting" you in a situation where the "assistance" doesn't help.

These are things that EA can and do improve with each iteration of FIFA. Path-finding assistance has been massively improved compared to last generation which is quite impressive considering how much the ball has been "freed" at the same time. I think most of the "CPU is unfairly fast" complaints stem from deficiencies in the path-finding assistance and will be corrected over time.

The point is, in circumstances where you feel cheated by the CPU and want to report the error to EA, try to think of the "cheat" in terms of what actually went "wrong" for you (versus what you intended to have happen) and tell EA of the difference between your input and what happened on screen. Don't just complain it's the CPU forcing your player into an error on purpose in order for the CPU to win, because as has been clearly stated for several years now, FIFA does not have any sort of "human loses, CPU wins 'scripting'" style "cheating." If you want your grievances addressed, you'll have to do a better job describing them.

Last edited:

Romagnoli,

I think most of the "CPU is unfairly fast" complaints stem from deficiencies in the path-finding assistance and will be corrected over time.

The point is, in circumstances where you feel cheated by the CPU and want to report the error to EA, try to think of the "cheat" in terms of what actually went "wrong" for you (versus what you intended to have happen) and tell EA of the difference between your input and what happened on screen. Don't just complain it's the CPU forcing your player into an error on purpose in order for the CPU to win, because as has been clearly stated for several years now, FIFA does not have any sort of "human loses, CPU wins 'scripting'" style "cheating." If you want your grievances addressed, you'll have to do a better job describing them.

*hearts*

If you use the long touches with right stick you'll obviously be able to sprint faster, I don't think people use this enough when sprinting with a lot of space in front of them. Pretty sure that people use sprint way more than the CPU too, so you'll sprint slower because of the players being more tired than the CPU ones.

Edit: We people that use Cancel "cheat" all the time against the AI, because we can attack balls with much higher speed and also get out of jostling and run past and just take the ball. Poor CPU.

Regarding saving replays to HDD, does anyone know if it just selected highlights after a match, or can you pause at any point and save any moment? Because I can't wait to fill my harddrive with random tricks and such, not just the 3 highlights the game selects after the game. All sources for this feature I that have found have been very uninformative on this point.

Also, does anyone know if the saving process will render a .flv file, or will be be proper and be the game data, so that you can change cameras, view from different angles etc, just like in the replay feature?

Well online it has to be after - which may make it a pretty crap system if the highlights aren't improved and lengthened vastly. That's all I'd heard that there will be a highlights option on the menu but that may be the finished-game menu.

Man I wish they add more new leagues :) like:

1.Asian Champions league (32 teams)
2.African Champions League (24 teams)
3.North America Champions League (12 teams)
4.South America Champions League (24 teams)
5.(Maybe) some similer Champions League (because Konami Has licensed it for its game ) (32 teams)
6.COMPLE South America Champions League (because Konami Has licensed it for its game ) (25 teams)

They will get the licensed for the teams automaticaly :)why not , what do you think :)

BR,

B2Y

Last edited:

I'd like to see some Eastern European teams tbh. I think they could at least add another couple of pages to Rest of the World clubs rather than full new leagues.

Regarding saving replays to HDD, does anyone know if it just selected highlights after a match, or can you pause at any point and save any moment? Because I can't wait to fill my harddrive with random tricks and such, not just the 3 highlights the game selects after the game. All sources for this feature I that have found have been very uninformative on this point.

Also, does anyone know if the saving process will render a .flv file, or will be be proper and be the game data, so that you can change cameras, view from different angles etc, just like in the replay feature?

Saving to HDD renders a flv file, which can be of any moment in the game if you're on PS3, or probably just one of the highlights on X360 (the PS3 dumps the whole match to temp space on the HDD; I don't think the X360 does?)

For the 360 I guess you can only save highlights if you play online, but save any replay you'd like from the replay function in offline mode.

Man I wish they add more new leagues :) like:

1.Asian Champions league (32 teams)
2.African Champions League (24 teams)
3.North America Champions League (12 teams)
4.South America Champions League (24 teams)
5.(Maybe) some similer Champions League (because Konami Has licensed it for its game ) (32 teams)
6.COMPLE South America Champions League (because Konami Has licensed it for its game ) (25 teams)

They will get the licensed for the teams automaticaly :)why not , what do you think :)

BR,

B2Y

BSP would be great, cheap licence and a lot of young talent...

I'd be worried about them adding more leagues, with the track record of genericness in many of the leagues in Fifa 10, quality over quantity for me. Though I suppose it depends how this new personality stuff effects the vast majority of players, and not just Ronaldo, Rooney etc.

U
Saving to HDD renders a flv file, which can be of any moment in the game if you're on PS3, or probably just one of the highlights on X360 (the PS3 dumps the whole match to temp space on the HDD; I don't think the X360 does?)

I really hope that isn't the case. I would have thought the game data would be cached like when pressing pause and instant replay. Even in offline mode it interrupts the game too much if you score a cracker and want to view or recording from many angles.

Would make sense if you could just hit save at any point and then do your editing later, just like pes did on the ps2.

Transcoding to FLV by default is crap, can't they simply give us what should be the minimum standard for replays even in their 5th game in nextgen?

I mean, thay are caching the whole match in memory while you play in PS3. Let us save what we want in "game data" format and later we will decide what we want to see and how. I'm not asking for replay features that games like 2K sports have, but simply let us store what is already on memory to reproduce it later, with the ability to change camera when we feel like it. And add the transcoding to FLV when we want to as another functionality.

I'm sure something similar can be done on xbox360 if a hard disk is detected, something even pes on ps2 could do. It isn't much to ask, isn't it? And it's been 4 years we're asking for it...

PS: Seems to me they simply like to milk the cow too much and they love the number of hits they have in their website where you have to share replays. So, at the end, they prefer to earn some more dollars from website hits than giving us a proper functionality.

Are you guys serious? When you save a replay it will only save a flv file like it is in the NHL game? That is so shit. In the NHL game, when you save the file, it is low resolution too so when you play it back on the TV it is really small on the screen. Really pisses me off if this is the case.

yeah the FLV compressed videos previously has been absolutely awful. You have to use certain camera angles to make the ball even visible ffs.

So if it's just that, but on a local hard drive, then I could care less.

No that's not true, there are a couple of traits which are AI only because when under your control they're stuff you would be choosing to do yourself (speed dribbling is one IIRC) but the majority are regular traits for a player whether under human or AI control.

I suppose I should have also included a link to the vid I was talkinga bout - see 7:30 YouTube - NEOGO.pl FIFA 11 wywiad z producentem / napisy pl / część pierwsza

Though he doesn't say explicitly there won't be traits for your teammates, he seems to imply there won't, he just refers to work rate. I know they had traits for your players in the past, but I'm not sure how much they actually worked (like a lot of the other stats). Would be interesting to hear from the people on here working on stats what the list of traits are, and what they do... :)

The examples he gave for CPU traits were things like shooting from range or dribbling more often, which would only affect your team mates in BAP. For 1v1 it's a question of whether the trait involved relates to off the ball activities.

Regarding the replays, will there be an option to export the highlights/replays to the XMB like MLB 10 The Show?

I expect the videos to be saved to hard drive like any other video you might download off the net, so fingers crossed you'll be able to watch them from the XMB.

I did mention to Gary that it'd be better to save the game data rather than a fixed movie of the replay, but I don't think they see upgrading the shared tech as more valuable a use of their time than what they can do instead. Again I was only speculating about the way the X360 does things as I play on PS3.

Isn't it better if they gave us the choice to either save it on hdd or upload it to youtube? I'm saying youtube because it's more popular and has more exposure. PES should have the same too. Actually any game with saving replay option should imo.

Last edited:

The option should be save a replay file (not video) to HDD or upload to easportsworld. Then you could also create a video from your replay files later on if you wanted. Can't wait to watch a super low res video replay on my TV... YAAAAAAAAAAY!

im not just jumping on englands crushed souls here but what do you think of some kind of script that allows for human error in the game?

Like an offside call that goes wrong, ball marginally over the line sometimes not getting called goal etc?

It seems gobsmacking that FIFA is so far a game like Halo in this regard. I wish they hadn't called it Theatre - it will just force me to compare them constantly. Not sure what happens for those using a memory card, but for me with my HDD, it stores ALL of your last 25 games, and you can watch them like a replay - changing perspective and camera position. Slowing down and going backwards and freezing et cetera. You can then save them to the HDD permanently (if you don't they delete when you change game or turn off the console). Changing the videos to FLV sounds absolutely nuts. Unless FIFA's way of recording the replays is absolutely nuts a replay file tends to be pretty small for any game. Surely storing them like that has every advantage imaginable. bleh.

At least I'll be able to save online goals - that will help - but what I'd really like to do is record online matches because my God I have a lot of crap I'd like to show EA.

As to the above post - they did have something like that once. CL 2004-2005? Not sure if it worked for goals crossing the line - but did for fouls, balls going out, and offsides definitely. It was OK - but something that should be possible to turn off and on I think. Online it would be gross.

im not just jumping on englands crushed souls here but what do you think of some kind of script that allows for human error in the game?

Like an offside call that goes wrong, ball marginally over the line sometimes not getting called goal etc?

I'm all for that. Wrongly called/uncalled offsides, dodgy handballs, goal-line disputes - it's all part of football for better or worse.

Lami - it would be ideal if they let us upload to Youtube, and then merged the footballworld site they have currently been using with that. Not least because the video format is the same! We'll see what they have instore - I did hear a FootballWorld editor talking to someone else but the bar was too loud to eavesdrop :(

I'm all for that. Wrongly called/uncalled offsides, dodgy handballs, goal-line disputes - it's all part of football for better or worse.

From what I remember they can't as it's an official license and they can't "actively" portray the officials in a bad light.

Ofcourse they could just not allow a replay of the mistake and then it's all fine again........

Back
Top Bottom