Fifa 11 Xbox 360/PS3

Re: Fifa 11

Winston,

the CPU is just as susceptible to fatigue, inaccuracy, player momentum etc as everyone else. It always has been.

Good news is fatigue is finally going to be implemented (with an actual effect).

However, it should affect more than just movement. It should affect many attributes, even including things like first touch and positioning. Heavily fatigued players (if people are pressing sprint all match long, they should be heavily fatigued) should be virtually dead on their feet.

Oh, and don't forget that cpu players should be equally susceptible to fatigue.

Definitely. It also makes sense to me that as 'Work Rate' is now a stat in the game that this would be one of the biggest things effected by fatigue. You're not going to be sprinting and pressing all over the field when you're tired, you're going to be trying to catch your breath!

Sorry Roma, but did you see my post regarding menus - specifically color coding when comparing attributes (a la PES) to make our lives much easier? (ie 85-90 yellow, 90-95 orange etc). Any sign of this in the game?

Nope, sorry. I've passd it on though. Not sure we're meant to talk about menus really though. Or leagues, polakis. If anyone said anything about leagues/licences then you'd probably never see them again.

Last edited:

Don't know if this is has been asked yet.

How do the COM teams attack and are their goals still heavily scripted?

Edit: Apologies I rushed this out a bit when I posted.

In FIFA WC the opposition ai is very limited I find that the way Brazil attacks me is no different than how Korea Republic do. The dificulty seems to be more dependent on where you are in the competition.
As far as goals go they do that cross from anywhere pinpoint cross or that throughball that pushes my defence line up to create an opening.

@romagnoli. I don't know if this is a daft question but I didn't get a reply. I'm not certain if you played enough games against the COM but this is a gamebreaker for me. Has it been addressed or passed on to FIFA?

Zee, I didn't play the CPU as there were a lot of people about. I got half a game in against Stoke but it was more to test other things, so I spent a lot of time with the game running on while I talked to others. What I would say is that the inaccuracy is there for both human and non-human players, as are the aerial trajectory reading inaccuracies. The friendly AI is several notches up when defending, too, so you should be much better placed to beat the CPU or at least keep them out.

Dave797 and TMills on the official forums got single player time in, and both have quite informative threads.

Rom - I know it's not regarding gameplay and isn't really that important but it's something I think would really help add to the authenticity of the game so if could have a cheeky word... NUMBERS AND FONTS on shirts!

They've got all the licenses and they can't be arsed putting something as simple as this in. There was a discussion about it when 10 came out, some people don't think it's important and like I said, to some extent it's not but it would make the game look better.

I mean on the world cup game, the England kit is spot on, but other than being red the fonts and numbers are completely wrong, how hard is it to get this right?

Some examples
2010_fifa_world_cup_10.jpg

These are pretty good but on real shirts the letters are all the same size, look at the size on Torres shirt compared to Ramos'.
FIFA-World-Cup-Screen-2.png

As I explained above. Compare the 10 on Rooney's shirt to my avatar.

In Fifa 10 they've got the Premier League numbers near enough right but the fonts are just some plain capital letter shit and in my eyes it makes it look like an amateur did it, not a multi-million dollar games company.

PES does it right.

Last edited:

Rom - I know it's not regarding gameplay and isn't really that important but it's something I think would really help add to the authenticity of the game so if could have a cheeky word... NUMBERS AND FONTS on shirts!

They've got all the licenses and they can't be arsed putting something as simple as this in. There was a discussion about it when 10 came out, some people don't think it's important and like I said, to some extent it's not but it would make the game look better.

I mean on the world cup game, the England kit is spot on, but other than being red the fonts and numbers are completely wrong, how hard is it to get this right?

Some examples
2010_fifa_world_cup_10.jpg

These are pretty good but on real shirts the letters are all the same size, look at the size on Torres shirt compared to Ramos'.
FIFA-World-Cup-Screen-2.png

As I explained above. Compare the 10 on Rooney's shirt to my avatar.

In Fifa 10 they've got the Premier League numbers near enough right but the fonts are just some plain capital letter shit and in my eyes it makes it look like an amateur did it, not a multi-million dollar games company.

PES does it right.

I think I already said this 100000000 times but it can't be said enough.
The font in FIFA on the shirts at the moment can not be called font it's like... how can I say...just shit!!!
19781575.png

The graphics aren't done yet. Besides which I'm only answering questions on gameplay. I wish I hadn't strayed from this by talking about nets now...

@romagnoli do you think you could poke around and see if you can get an answer on what settings your own team AI is set to? Pretty sure it is always set to Semi Pro which explains why your own team AI always behave worse than the CPU players.

It used to be Semi Pro in Clubs but they officially changed it to World Class for all AI players on the field, and it made a huge difference to me. The CPU defenders were much better after that change.

I don't see any reason for them to put your own AI to Semi Pro, I think it should be set to World Class in any mode, not only Clubs.

The graphics aren't done yet. Besides which I'm only answering questions on gameplay. I wish I hadn't strayed from this by talking about nets now...

Sorry mate, i just thought with your contacts you could have a word before the work starts and then maybe we'll see an improvement for 11. :)

Gab, dunno what it is in exhibition mode but it feels pretty damn solid. It's definitely not Semi Pro or Pro.

Jumbo, don't worry, they get told this sort of thing hundreds of times a day! If they aren't going to do it now then I won't be able to sway things.

No it won't. There were only 32 managers in the World Cup game, one for each nation that made it to the finals. You can't really split that across the several hundreds of teams FIFA has.

Rom, I got a honest question for you. How is the CPU A.I. for Ronaldo and Messi? Does the CPU try to beat you with multiple dribbles, fients, turns, drag backs, and nutmegs or is it the same as Fifa 10? My concern with player individuality/personality is the CPU A.I., as I can make them play like their real-life counterpart when I'm controlling them.

I do know the CPU will take you on with tricks this year. Again, I didn't play the CPU, but it does perform tricks now.

Good news is fatigue is finally going to be implemented (with an actual effect).

However, it should affect more than just movement. It should affect many attributes, even including things like first touch and positioning. Heavily fatigued players (if people are pressing sprint all match long, they should be heavily fatigued) should be virtually dead on their feet.

Oh, and don't forget that cpu players should be equally susceptible to fatigue.

Winston,

the CPU is just as susceptible to fatigue, inaccuracy, player momentum etc as everyone else. It always has been.

No it's not, and no it hasn't.

Yes it is, and yes it has.

I'd have to agree with Winston on this, the same team every game plays, and plays virtually the same bar full to bar empty, the AI players are always fast fatigued or not.
I hope they do improve it this year along with AI squad rotation because it may be in now but it's hard to tell...

The annoying thing about AI and fatigue was that it's always the same players who get subbed at the same time and replaced by the same player.

I wonder if they will include injuries and red cards to keepers online this time.....

Every cpu team has the complete opposite of fatigue. They always turn into god-mode for the last minutes of every half of every match, because it is scripted that way. Yes, scripted, because it is hardcoded into the game engine that that's part of the pattern of every match.

The side effect is that you also get a boost and end up scoring. Far too many goals come in the last minute of a half. Just another of the (bad) ideas foolishly copied directly from Konami, who probably have some stats that, in real life, most goals are scored in the last minute, so we must script that into the game.

Let EA come on here and deny it.

Last edited:

So is the work rate trait going to be used in BAP. It would be an easy way to exploit the fatigue system.

So is the work rate trait going to be used in BAP. It would be an easy way to exploit the fatigue system.

I imagine it'll be used for every other player. As for your own player? Dunno. I guess they could use the positioning arrows to tell you that you should be moving from place to place quicker, but otherwise work rate is the sort of attribute that only affects CPU control.

Some questions. I haven't really been staying up to date with this thread so this is aimed at whoever has played it or knows information about the game.

What's the deal with the star system currently? Please don't tell me teams still have stars for how good they are (it gives such minimal insight into the ability of the team), or if they do please tell me that they have replaced the arbitrary stats (defence, midfield, attack ratings) with something a lot more insightful.

Is there any kind of way to judge players except for overall rating? I realised yesterday when playign the World Cup game how there is no point in playing players who aren't the best rated players in a team (except speed and strength but i hear they're working on the personality+). Is there any thing that affects form which mixes things up a bit? Something like the form arrows used in PES.

I didn't check what the sub-ratings were but the star system is still in. Obviously there's a lot more to each team than that now.

There isn't a randomly generated form system like PES's arrows - what you're talking about is basically Live Season.

I strongly recommend you do read through this thread, there's an awful lot of improvement over FIFA 10 and World Cup.

Back
Top Bottom