FIFA 10

fifa.jpg

As far as I know that's not even confirmed. Anyway, discussion for another thread.

I just hope for improved AI, particularly your teammates. That's something they must, MUST have been working on all year.

Even if they put 360 movement and nw animations, if they don't improve DRAMATICALLY their engine and add some manualness and refined ways to pass and shoot without stupid scripting, AND they also solve the glaring flaws they have in the AI (as stupid and important as CBs or sidebacks suddenly going away by no reason) then they won't be able to compete with fifa, I think. It's all together. Like Real MAdrid, you can buy very expensive players, but if you don't have a team you won't win anything.

Now, if Konami really adress all that in one single year, I will buy the game and take off my hat, but I doubt they can pull it out.

I believe there are floaty crosses in football, right?

So long as EA provide variation am cool.

Not all crosses are whipt in with pace, sometimes you might just want to drop the ball into the mixer.

I have a simple favor to ask Chris or any of the other lads who'll get their hands on the game in the next few days.Could you please check out if interchangeable kits are in the game ? Like combining the home shirt with the 1st away short and 2nd away socks (stuff like that) ? If it isn't in the game, would you please ask the question about it ?

I have a simple favor to ask Chris or any of the other lads who'll get their hands on the game in the next few days.Could you please check out if interchangeable kits are in the game ? Like combining the home shirt with the 1st away short and 2nd away socks (stuff like that) ? If it isn't in the game, would you please ask the question about it ?
I can tell you now.

No, its not in the game

I believe there are floaty crosses in football, right?

So long as EA provide variation am cool.

Not all crosses are whipt in with pace, sometimes you might just want to drop the ball into the mixer.

They'll probably keep the finesse crosses (RB), they behave like you say, with backspin that floats a lot.

I think FIFA 10 seems to shape up pretty good. However I tried out PES 2009 and there is one thing PES does superb, and that is that any player close to the ball can try to take/pass/shot/cross it. Even if you're not that close to the ball on a corner you can still try to head it, in FIFA nothing happens.

I had a corner against me, the ball was dropping to one of their players, that guy and two of my guys jumped - their forward won the header but headed the ball in the back head of my second defender that could jump even if he wasn't closest to the ball. The ball then went out to another corner. This can never happen in FIFA because only one from each team can jump.

This is why corners and crosses in FIFA are so crap. Even if I have five defenders I will not have an advantage against one forward, because there will always be a 1 vs 1 duel for the ball. And since the ball always ends up right to the forward (when playing against the assisted CPU or semi/assisted people) this will always be the case. This has to be fixed but I don't think anyone that is in contact with EA have ever mentioned this problem to them.

Several times it was also chaos in the box when several players trying to hit the ball at the same time, you just have no idea what will happen. It's great, it's dynamic. And even if all controls are assisted in PES, this is one of the reasons you feel anything can happen in that game.

You notice this mostly if you play 2 or more players on the same team or in BAL/BAPS/Clubs.

And if you're like me, an old super cancel "abuser" you have probably noticed this A LOT, because when you cancel in FIFA you obviously remove the lock on to the ball, but if there is another player close to the ball (he can even be several yards away) then that guy will lock on to the ball (only one lock for each team). And even if you get the ball in the face you still can't head the ball! So annoying! I used to think my FIFA was broken because I could never jump on any corners, the reason was because I use cancel to get in perfect position for the ball, thus giving away my lock to another player...

Rant over.

PS. I could only stand PES 2009 for around 6 matches mainly because of retarded AI and assisted controls :(

7 million people watched usa vs brazil, i get more "soccer" games on my television package then i would bet anyone else on this website(and im not talking about streaming games, footie channels). I just went to a game where 72,000 people turned out to a friendly vs real madrid(lowest ticket price was $60,mine was $90). I think your really wrong mate. Its getting more and more popular every year.... We get more access every year.. The usa vs mexico match is getting coverage all over espn(something that never happened even going back to 2002).
There i am corrected.Mate i know the game is getting more popular but not as big as the main 3.Base,basket&football.But i know alot of americans love the game.And maybe EA are tapping into that market.1994 World cup was a huge success and the usa will probably go on to atleast the1/4 finals of the world cup imo,but my point was it is still down the list and will remain there as the most popular sport in your country.

Just watching Bury v WBA on sky and I notice how you can hear the thud of the ball, individual shouts from fans and players far,far more in the smaller "tighter" grounds.

I hope this sort of attention to detail is looked at.

Alright then, what a shame though as it must be such an easy thing to implement on the game.

I heard somewhere that it was actually a problem related to licenses. Clubs doesn't want you to mix things, they want you to see the kits as they want to. That's why this "feature" was available in older games but suddenly it disappeared. There's some logic there, considering how clubs act like bitches in everything license-image-related.

that makes sense. You cant have your cake and eat it i suppose. But wouldnt it be nice if someone official just came out and said that. I mean that has been a sought after inclusion for a while now. Im sure if David Rutter said its because of the licenses and that their hands were tied then we would all understand.

"yeah"...just finished updating my fifa09 squads(premier league)
If I were you, i'd make a copy of that file and save it under a different name, maybe two copies.

I remember when I updated all the squads on 08 and some glitch reset them to defaults, wasting all my work...

Better to be safe than sorry :TU:.

I'm sure each of us can come up with a list of 50 "must have" "easy to implement" things, can't get everything in there in one cycle ;)

Im making a must have list now for Fifa 11, you may have seen it already. http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/fifa-10-feedback-suggestions/748680-fifa-11-must-haves.html
I need 4 more to make up the list. Any suggestions?

I was thinking of putting "AI logic" in as the AI in Fifa has always been stats boosted on higher levels instead of players playing more tactically and smarter but im not sure if this has been already addressed for Fifa 10 or not.

@ Cooler, you should check out our fifa10 improvements thread. Otherwise a latest idea is to add ManagerMode A.I. to make team play more defensive/attacking depending on the season situation. SO if you are playing a relegation team at teh end of the season they will either go for the attack to stay up or defense to collect an important point. Same idea for cups, two legs, league matches between first and second ect. So not just the normal playing styles of teams but added context AI during MM seasons.

I would also edit the list and break it down into different aspects; graphics, gameplay, MM/tournaments, options, ect. And then edit it with what you find the most important, as nr.1 being celebrations is just ridiculous.

Last edited:
^ agreed ^ - very free and 360 movement looks tangible in it's effect on this vid.

loved the way the keeper came out around 0:56 to make the guys appeal for a penalty. it was actually a scenario i've not seen before in well over 1,000 games of FIFA09.

Last edited:
Looks to me like there's still a lot of running into players when you sprint, which really pisses me off in FIFA 09...

I notice that the thing where you press the cross button and then the player knocks the ball out of play and kicks at fresh air still occurs as well (1:46). Plus it looks really fast to me.

[/Cynic]

Last edited:
Chris - did you not think those two guys were a bit shit like when it comes to game playing skills though?

that's the glimmer of hope i'm clinging onto following your observation!

Back
Top Bottom