FIFA 10

Not so hot on the speed but I like the subtle additions they've added to the running animations (like how a player's torso would continue facing the ball as he's running away from it)

1zxrv4l.gif

That trailer is obviously made to try and get the "Americas" more interested in the game.While i believe in mexico they have no problem with the amount of people into football,the U S of A are still no closer to making "soccer" a major event there.The tailer is gash,but the game will be great.I know you will correct me if i'm wrong.

The US still holds the record for hosting the biggest and most successful World Cup in history money wise and butts in the seats wise.

This is what I get so annoyed about. What do you think America is really? A bunch of white people who watch baseball? America is the "World" so to speak as every nation from around the world is represented here. "Soccer" is the biggest youth sport and we have millions of Latin American and South American immigrants here. I play in a Sunday adult league that has nearly 40 teams across 3 divisions and that doesn't include the others leagues around the city.

"Soccer" isn't big here in terms of MLS but we still get more fans to some MLS games than some teams in England. We just had over 1 million people watch soccer in person when the big teams from around the world showed up. 92 thousand people watched Barcelona take on MLS's Galaxy in the rose bowl. American's want big stars and big names and will show up to see them.

So tired of this "USA doesn't support soccer" crap. Right now we are on wall to wall coverage of the USA Mexico World Cup qualifier at 4 pm on a Wednesday. I can't wait for the day when the Euro elite get knocked down a peg by US Soccer.

It's the last thing that hasn't been penetrated by the US which is why it seems so important to bash it oh wait... Budweiser, Coca Cola Championship, Aston Villa, Man United and on and on.

ASSISTED Ping Pong passing me old mucker.

Hi dad, how have you been? Sorry that I haven't been around lately, it's nothing personal... :p

Seriously though, I guess it will be another year of our "club" being slaughtered by assisted kiddies using France and Man U (and offcourse Real Madrid...)

Erik,don't look for a problen with me pal,i don't give a fuck what you think.I gave my opinion you gave yours,so we'll leave it at that shall we?

Guys! we are all here because we love futbol/football. This one common universal language we all understand and embrace. Please don't leave the peace out of it. Let's all learn to agree to disagree respectfully without lashing at each other directly or inderectly. We all love this beautiful blessed sport that the good Lord has given us in this so miserable life. Let's all embrace each other genuinely in the same way we embrace this beloved sport.

Peace!

Seems strange how subtle the 360 degree movement looks, I wonder if it really is 360 or does it just require to be played to be believed?

American's want big stars and big names and will show up to see them.

See, thats the difference, America doesn't want football, it wants the glitz and glamour it brings. Why not just support the local league filled with local players? Why does it require INTERNATIONAL SOCCER SUPERSTARS to attract people? Put the 'Galacticos' in any stadium in any country and it will be packed, countries like China, Thailand, USA lap up the 'superstars', but don't want to know when it comes to normal 'proper' football.

Thats were English support shines, we get people turning up in their thousands 5 levels down, only Germany comes close to that.

Jflores i understand what you're saying and that's why i first replied "whatever dude" in regard to my post about the fifa10 trailer i said i could be corrected to which i was by our good friend gomito.I never mention white people or any thing about colour or race.I just gave my thoughts,then i get this news starved Erik getting errect about nothing.I personally don't give a monkey's f**k if "soccer" is the biggest game in america.Done!

Seems strange how subtle the 360 degree movement looks, I wonder if it really is 360 or does it just require to be played to be believed?

See, thats the difference, America doesn't want football, it wants the glitz and glamour it brings. Why not just support the local league filled with local players? Why does it require INTERNATIONAL SOCCER SUPERSTARS to attract people? Put the 'Galacticos' in any stadium in any country and it will be packed, countries like China, Thailand, USA lap up the 'superstars', but don't want to know when it comes to normal 'proper' football.

Thats were English support shines, we get people turning up in their thousands 5 levels down, only Germany comes close to that.

In Brazil that happens too..
Santa Cruz had over 20.000 avr attendence in their 4th division campain this year...
but i dont need to advocate brazilian love for football right?

anyway i think this discussion i useless...USA is growing in Football and thats undeniable in all aspects. Just because Soccer isnt their first overall spport that doenst make their soccer fans are less passionate. I really dont get the need to bash the yanks with this talk.

I will partially agree here but only because America seems to be driven by "stars" in general. We have the worlds baseball, basketball and football stars. We don't have this in the MLS. I think Americans are alot more educated than you think when it comes to "proper" football. That's why we want to see Messi, Lampard, etc. MLS offers a very substandard level of football (which is changing I might add) and Americans pay a good price for seeing a show.

England is awesome for fan support but Germany has more atmosphere these days at least in the first division.

Erik you seem to think people here are bashing the usa,my father came to the uk in 1954 a member of the u.s airforce based at lakenheath norfolk,England.He was born in camden New jersey.So history lesson over,from when i used to go visit my family the game was mostly played by girls.

watched the video and although it is nice and smooth it looks exactly the same as 09.......I still see a very floaty ball and where is this amazing 360 movement?

That's true, but the the USL (United Soccer Leagues - unofficial lower leagues) get decent crowds too. Some of the teams in these leagues are bigger and better than a few MLS teams. Don't underestimate how big 'soccer' is in the US, that's all.

Erik you seem to think people here are bashing the usa,my father came to the uk in 1954 a member of the u.s airforce based at lakenheath norfolk,England.He was born in camden New jersey.So history lesson over,from when i used to go visit my family the game was mostly played by girls.

Ahem.....it's in Suffolk. My patch.:P

That i completly disagree... nothing beats the EPL atmosphere imo(only UCL,WC and Libertadores offcourse)

Nah German's well a head atmosphere wise, but only because of the terraces and allowance of alcohol. The Premiership has pretty much shat on the working class (generally those who make most noise) from a great height, meaning posh prawn sandwiching eating snobs who won't even get off their seat to celebrate have replaced them.

Premiership doesn't even have the best atmosphere in England.

Yeah and no more ripping out seats and pelting the old bill anymore,or throwing full cans of lager into the aways supporters.Or a whitehart lane favourite in november shoot rockets at the away fans.Good old British football..it's in the game!

Nah German's well a head atmosphere wise, but only because of the terraces and allowance of alcohol. The Premiership has pretty much shat on the working class (generally those who make most noise) from a great height, meaning posh prawn sandwiching eating snobs who won't even get off their seat to celebrate have replaced them.

Premiership doesn't even have the best atmosphere in England.

im not only speaking about the crowd...but gereal, stadiums, teams, pitch quality etc etc...
from an overseas view i rather wacth the EPL 10x over Bundesliga...i get that "final macth" feeling in any EPL macth i wacth.

Back
Top Bottom