FIFA 10

I've been watching ESPN classic goals of the year and Sky's top 50 goals of the Prem over the past few sleepless nights, most of the shots really do put floaty FIFA shame.
With the new ball powerful strikes from 30 yards if a player is given a little space can fly in...

I hope EA really do sort this out, it did spoil the game for me and almost forced you to play Arsenal style and try to walk it in the net...

@ Chris - Will you be able to talk about do you think?
Apparently we will be signing NDAs but either they will expire very quickly (i.e. as soon as someone from the EA forum "can't resist" telling everyone about a goal they scored, idiots) or as soon as Gamescom starts.

You know what I mean. People just go nuts over things and I personally don't get it. I took nothing away from that little video. I wouldn't expect to take anything away either as it's not me playing it.

Yeah, sure. I don't even trust reviews that much these days, again they are just personal preference and some of the experts at the magazines don't seem to hit upon the major issues that we all care about anyway. Most likely, if I've bought one of the previous games in the series I'll end up buying the sequel no matter what people say.

I'm buying both FIFA and PES regardless as football is the main reason I game.

Most journalists are told what they have to say anyway these days.
Hence why it's such a good move by EA to invite MJ etc. to play the game. They must be confident in it, because if someone going to see the game doesn't like it, they're not going to be shy about running around the EA forums saying "it's shit it's shit it's shit".

And it also means if I say something about a part of the gameplay being amazing and nobody believes me, I've got backup... Or not, if I'm wrong...

The nets look shit from that video. The ball rolls into the bottom of the net and it just stops dead, like it's hit a brick wall or something! :NONO:

its weird but it didnt look to be the same nets from the mexico x USA video...
im guessing thats an older build, problaby the same from that 1st video we saw,
I could also noticed that in the Mexico x USA video/screens they had some new boots(licensed and generic) while at the old screens and video they didnt wich tells me thats a newer build.

its weird but it didnt look to be the same nets from the mexico x USA video...
im guessing thats an older build, problaby the same from that 1st video we saw,
I could also noticed that in the Mexico x USA video/screens they had some new boots(licensed and generic) while at the old screens and video they didnt wich tells me thats a newer build.

Agreed B

The nets in trailer looked fine, i'm confident they will look good in the Gamescom demo (that's if the plebs who play can actually score;))

Hopefully they'll be good tomorrow!!! Keep an eye on the chatbox tomorrow as I'll be posting updates in there throughout the day :)).

Hopefully they'll be good tomorrow!!! Keep an eye on the chatbox tomorrow as I'll be posting updates in there throughout the day :)).
If you play a game against me and you keep pausing to update Evo-Web I will bloody flatten you.

If you play a game against me and you keep pausing to update Evo-Web I will bloody flatten you.

Chris

is it a good idea to make as many notes as you can given you cannot film?

Things like shooting, passing, collisions, atmosphere, nets, 360........etc, etc are all going to be asked so your fist hand experience will be much appreciated.

:LMAO:

Tranmere v Charlton on all manual still on yea?
Oh yes. I want to experiment with auto and semi first though, just to see if the guys who use it will still have a massive advantage. Then it'll be all-manual time baby.

Chris

is it a good idea to make as many notes as you can given you cannot film?

Things like shooting, passing, collisions, atmosphere, nets, 360........etc, etc are all going to be asked so your fist hand experience will be much appreciated.
Fist hand experience?! That's a different thing entirely!! :OOOH:

But yes, I'm taking a little dictaphone down and I'll be talking into it and looking like a nutter throughout the event.

Oh yes. I want to experiment with auto and semi first though, just to see if the guys who use it will still have a massive advantage. Then it'll be all-manual time baby.

Fist hand experience?! That's a different thing entirely!! :OOOH:

But yes, I'm taking a little dictaphone down and I'll be talking into it and looking like a nutter throughout the event.

:APPLAUD:Your gonna look like a CIA agent:P

good idea, although watch it there maybe some NDA on the crowd effects;)

Do a auto vs semi match find that out

Also tell them to shove there NDAs up their arse

Looking forward to Tim's chatbox updates, maybe someone could do Twitter updates as well?

Are you gonna interview us Evo Webbers, Chris? :DD
I am, I'm planning to interview MJ, you and Wildster, plus a few guys from our forums (T Mills and Van Basten).

The next podcast will mean a lot more with more than just my opinion.

Looking forward to Tim's chatbox updates, maybe someone could do Twitter updates as well?
I can do that; what a great idea, why didn't I think of that?

FSBCHRISDAVIES

Won't that cost you a fortune though Chris if your phone internet does?
There's a number you can text to update your Twitter account, and I get free texts.

I won't be able to see anybody's responses though so don't go asking me questions (at least not until I'm home)!

EDIT: I've just asked about the NDAs we'll be under - as long as we repeatedly state it's not the final build and we only talk about the gameplay, then we're allowed to post Twitter updates etc., which is great news. :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom