FIFA 10

It's fucking obvious it's not the final build. Why won't they let us ruddy film it if we say it's not final build when we post videos! :MAD:

Hopefully we get a few long posts from you guys in here on Friday evening also. :)) Hopefully you can get to cover everything and we can get a good picture of what 10 will be like.

Why won't they let us ruddy film it if we say it's not final build when we post videos!

Because it's not the final build! :D

Chris, dont forget that list I made. Tnx in advance lads, really looking forward to your impressions :D

*Can someone give Chris a wedgy while he's speaking into his dictaphone? That would be brilliant to hear.*

Last edited:
Because it's not the final build! :D

Chris, dont forget that list I made. Tnx in advance lads, really looking forward to your impressions :D

*Can someone give Chris a wedgy while he's speaking into his dictaphone? That would be brilliant to hear.*
If you point me to the list you made then I'll bear it in mind!

But if anybody gives me a wedgie then I'll be deleting the bit where I answer your questions on the dictaphone. :)

EDIT: Found it.

- Is crossing fast, direct enough - less floaty then 09
- Do shots have dip ala Gerrard
- Can you do low powerful shots
- Are goalie reactions fast enough (running ot for 1-on-1's)
- Have they improved the movement for penaltybox headers? Do players really attack them or are they still too static and waiting for the ball most of the time.
- Crossfield pass? Good speed, power?
- Short passing, crisp?
- Reaction times players?
- Fouls?
- Advantage rule?
- Direct freekicks, can you take a decent shot? I find it far too precise, anything over 2 bars and its row Z
- Player individualty?
- 360 movement?

Last edited:
Guys please could you gain an idea on the following tomorrow:

• Crap physics on free kicks- Does the ball still spin on a driven free kick, when its 2 metres from goal. If it’s a curled free-kick, does the keeper mis-judge again, and it can go over them/hit the bar. (Sure you know what I mean)
• I play on manual, so can you properly ping cross field balls over from full-back to winger lets say.
• Can you round the keeper when 1 on 1, as it was near impossible to do it properly how you would in real life on Fifa 09
• Can you score hard, satisfying long range strikes from 30 yards/ make the keeper work, or is it floaty?
• Are the keepers magic fingertips still there, when they save shots they were 6-10 inches away from actually getting
• Does the skill dribbling moves combined with 360 degree movement make it easier to beat a man?
• When in the final third, does the AI make better runs, like trying to get across his marker, deliberately peel off the marker, or drop deeper etc?

Cheers

The only thing I want to know is have they got rid of that hugely annoying 5 minute countdown in the lobby whilst playing 10v10 online? There's always that one arsehole who refuses to pick a player, and so we have the inevitable and recurring scene of 19 people all having to helplessly sit waiting for the full 5 minutes, rather being able to boot the rotter.

That i completly disagree... nothing beats the EPL atmosphere imo(only UCL,WC and Libertadores offcourse)

Don't know, with the terracing gone alot of EPL games are pretty quiet. They seem more "corporate" if that makes sense. I guess I should say that UCL league games are different though.

Germany packs the stadiums, flags waving, people getting the crowd going with bullhorns etc. You don't really see that in England, especially for the noon kickoffs. I think I may be jaded though as the EPL is the same boring shit every year. The only drama is at the bottom of the table. At least Germany had a surprise champion last year and more often than not it changes hands every once in awhile.

Last edited:
hi guys, first chance to make it on tonight. Promised the little one we would have a movie night and had to sit through 17 again. Actually quite a good film.
Really looking forward to seeing all who are going tomorrow. Good to hear about the NDA's.

just played fifa09. cannot believe how stiff it is to control. 360 dribbling can't come any sooner.

Its not that bad, You can turn in 16 directions im sure. Saying that after a while with 10' and trying it will feel fecking awful.

switching the ball from foot to foot will be killer. i can see some glorious goals coming from that. robinho style.

I know I'm late and surely you won't be able to ask anything, BUT... can you ask if we will have to play on normal speed again online? I would like to play SLOW as I do offline, which makes the matches alittle bit more realistic and allows for more space and a little bit more dribbling with sense. That's it.

I know I'm late and surely you won't be able to ask anything, BUT... can you ask if we will have to play on normal speed again online? I would like to play SLOW as I do offline, which makes the matches alittle bit more realistic and allows for more space and a little bit more dribbling with sense. That's it.

Someone mentioned earlier that a dev stated that you would now be able to create a match and search for matches with a specific speed setting. How many games you'll find on "slow" is yet to be determined.

As it was last year and as it is with Madden 10 this year (which just introduced speed settings, of which slow is also the favorite) the game will probably default to "normal" online.

well hopefully today we're going to get the first preview of fifa 10 from people i actually trust to give accurate opinions on the game. i just hope it's good news.

So the way I see it - the were due to be there for 10:30 so I reckon the first we'll hear will be nearer midday.

Presume everyone is like me - sitting with Chris' twitter page open and refreshing every now and then?

I just saw that Rutter posted 17 hours ago that they just reached zero bugs on the build so looks like they're getting close. I wonder if it'll be that version the guys get to play today?

Last edited:
Chris' first post, one minute ago:

Okay, first game over. Burnley v Man City. I can beat a man, and I can WHACK a shot. Very happy. More after the next game!

For people who are signed up to Twitter, you can get device updates from Chris's twitter sent to your phone via SMS. So everytime he tweets, you get a text telling you what he's said :)

Each one is just the cost of a text, but mine are unlimited so they're free haha :)

Chris' first post, one minute ago:

Okay, first game over. Burnley v Man City. I can beat a man, and I can WHACK a shot. Very happy. More after the next game!

Chris' second post:

So much more responsive, and even more so when you use the slow dribbling - which is great.

That's quite interesting - the fast v slow 360 dribbling. Must feel really strange to be going one way then burst of pace and you're adjusted back into 8 directions. Still, that's not massively unrealistic, in a way.

Good to hear its more responsive!

Back
Top Bottom