FIFA 10

Good point beachryan (I suppose you can't be as free in changing direction when you're sprinting).

Here's the latest update plus all so far:

Can't describe the feeling of beating a man and scoring a hard, dipping into the back of a rippling net. Much more refined game.
2 minutes ago from txt

Old build has 360 slow dribbling but not 360 degree sprinting which is disappointing but I'm told this will probably change
4 minutes ago from txt

So much more responsive, and even more so when you use the slow dribbling - which is great.
5 minutes ago from txt

Okay, first game over. Burnley v Man City. I can beat a man, and I can WHACK a shot. Very happy. More after the next game!

update:

New commentary is great, seems to be more specific lines now. Messi's face is also spot on, as are others, faces are better all-round
2 minutes ago from txt

Response times when you sprint in this build are a bit iffy, ran the ball out of play three times in three games so far, but should be fixed
3 minutes ago from txt

Well sprinting is 16 directions, but the problem I often have when sprinting is that I want to turn maybe like 30 degrees or something and it snaps to 45, making the player doing that annoying stop, because he turns more than he can handle at that speed.

Really hope they give us the ability to use any direction while sprinting too. Maybe they're thinking of have 16 just to help people not being able to accidentally run over the sideline when sprinting down the wing.

It's good to see Chris [a] calling it like he sees it - good and bad and serving his people so well :-)

Yes!!!
"75 minutes in and in the game opposite me, Dani Alves of Barca is knackered from being sprinted all game. Stamina is much more realistic"

:(
"Cross-field balls still a bit floaty in this build but hopefully that'll be worked on because you can actually hit driven crosses by the box"

"New line-up screen features the kits of the team - sounds like a little thing but it makes the game look so much more like a real match"

Yes!!!
"75 minutes in and in the game opposite me, Dani Alves of Barca is knackered from being sprinted all game. Stamina is much more realistic"

:(
"Cross-field balls still a bit floaty in this build but hopefully that'll be worked on because you can actually hit driven crosses by the box"

"New line-up screen features the kits of the team - sounds like a little thing but it makes the game look so much more like a real match"

Really happy to hear that the stamina issue has been fixed. Online games will be much better. :)

The stamina thing ahs always baffled me - how hard can it be to implement that? Just decrease stats in a curve based on the stamina, which is based on time running/sprinting/not moving. easy.

Is anybody keepig track of the chatbox?

Here's whats in it now:

[10:58] Tim7: The bernabeu is in!
[10:55] Tim7: Keepers are shocking
[10:53] Tim7: Shooting from distance is much improved yes
[10:51] Tim7: Manual is better, tap a and it will do a short pass
[10:49] Tim7: Quick free kicks are good
[10:49] Tim7: Nice new ref animations
[10:47] Tim7: Collisions are ok
[10:26] Tim7: When you're not sprinting, response times are AMAZING!!!
[10:24] Tim7: Keepers are questionable
[10:23] Tim7: Shots are awesome
[10:22] Tim7: Pitch isn't noticable bigger
[10:22] Gab_: Also like that tim said it feels "free-er"

Loving the sound of it so far. Only negatives are the sprint directions and goalies but those "should" be fixed for release, can't wait :D

Goalkeepers have had so much work, they can really stretch to fingertip the ball away - without being superhuman. But...

In this build they make some really realistic-looking errors, and some shocking ones too - Cech has just palmed the ball into his own net

:D

Just testing the AI... So much better, when a player muscles the ball off you you can 'believe' it. It's not like it's 'cheating'.

Snow match going on next to us, just conceded because of its awesomeness. Absolutely brill weather effects. Trying a rainy night game next

Rain goes on and off throughout the game. Brilliant, but in this build the rain looks a bit 'javelinny' if you know what I mean

:APPLAUD:

So many more OH! moments which is something FIFA 09 was missing with the floaty shots etc... The more you play it the more you appreciate it

Goal cam has raindrops on! AI CPU on Pro has ran into the keeper when they should have scored a few times, hopefully that will improve.
2 minutes ago from txt

Overall CPU AI is a lot better, more challenging without so much of the 'cheating'. This day is going to end way too soon
less than 10 seconds ago from txt

WHAT A GOAL! Tim7 takes the free-kick ON THE FLOOR at pace, FLIES into the corner! 4 grown men shout and make a fool of themselves. Worth it

Here's everything from Chris so far:

Overall CPU AI is a lot better, more challenging without so much of the 'cheating'. This day is going to end way too soon
5 minutes ago from txt

WHAT A GOAL! Tim7 takes the free-kick ON THE FLOOR at pace, FLIES into the corner! 4 grown men shout and make a fool of themselves. Worth it
7 minutes ago from txt

Goal cam has raindrops on! AI CPU on Pro has ran into the keeper when they should have scored a few times, hopefully that will improve.
8 minutes ago from txt

So many more OH! moments which is something FIFA 09 was missing with the floaty shots etc... The more you play it the more you appreciate it
11 minutes ago from txt

Rain goes on and off throughout the game. Brilliant, but in this build the rain looks a bit 'javelinny' if you know what I mean
13 minutes ago from txt

Snow match going on next to us, just conceded because of its awesomeness. Absolutely brill weather effects. Trying a rainy night game next
15 minutes ago from txt

Just testing the AI... So much better, when a player muscles the ball off you you can 'believe' it. It's not like it's 'cheating'.
18 minutes ago from txt

In this build they make some really realistic-looking errors, and some shocking ones too - Cech has just palmed the ball into his own net
26 minutes ago from txt

Goalkeepers have had so much work, they can really stretch to fingertip the ball away - without being superhuman. But...
27 minutes ago from txt

New scoreboard features the colour of the team behind their section of the score, another little thing but really nice touch
32 minutes ago from txt

New line-up screen features the kits of the team - sounds like a little thing but it makes the game look so much more like a real match
about 1 hour ago from txt

Cross-field balls still a bit floaty in this build but hopefully that'll be worked on because you can actually hit driven crosses by the box

75 minutes in and in the game opposite me, Dani Alves of Barca is knackered from being sprinted all game. Stamina is much more realistic

New commentary is great, seems to be more specific lines now. Messi's face is also spot on, as are others, faces are better all-round

Response times when you sprint in this build are a bit iffy, ran the ball out of play three times in three games so far, but should be fixed

Can't describe the feeling of beating a man and scoring a hard, dipping into the back of a rippling net. Much more refined game.

Old build has 360 slow dribbling but not 360 degree sprinting which is disappointing but I'm told this will probably change

So much more responsive, and even more so when you use the slow dribbling - which is great.

Okay, first game over. Burnley v Man City. I can beat a man, and I can WHACK a shot. Very happy. More after the next game!

Sounds really good. I do hope though that 360 degree sprinting is incorporated in the final version.

Back
Top Bottom