FIFA 10

The problem with sprinting wasn't exactly the absolute free of movement, but inertia and accuracy. If we have 360º or just 16 directions, it should be down to ball control stats and overall skill to make the player turn quicker at low angles while sprinting and average anb below average players even fumbling with the ball when trying radical changes. So, it's not only the free of angular movement, but the outcome of the action.

Great work Chris, you're doing an invaluable work for all of us. Two thumbs up!

I kind of like the idea that when sprinting you're slightly out of control, but would prefer if it was a variable in the game. So while some players can cross, shoot and stop while sprinting, others are affected badly.

How strange that they should present more than one build?!?:

CRACKER! MJSmith skins a defender, fake-shots and SLAMS it in. This is what FIFA has been missing. Stunner
10 minutes ago from txt

Had a few issues where the player runs up to the ball and starts tiptoeing, ala FIFA 09, but I'm assured that will be looked at
11 minutes ago from txt

Playing the later build now, seeing all kinds of shots; the ball physics are just spot on. Such a refined game. Less cut-scenes is great too
12 minutes ago from txt

this is the best news yet for me:

Tried fully assisted, seems harder. Only scored one goal - the game can be played slowly and it's a LOT more tactical.
half a minute ago from txt

Button-mashing doesn't yield the same results. Tackling isn't a case of holding down the pressure button, it requires much more timing.

I trust Chris to give the gave a bashing if it's crap, and to point out the negatives. Right now, he's making it sound not far off everything I would want to hear from the playtest :BOP:

this is the best news yet for me:

Tried fully assisted, seems harder. Only scored one goal - the game can be played slowly and it's a LOT more tactical.
half a minute ago from txt

Yeah couldn't be happier to hear this...I hope that's the default setting (guess no reason to assume otherwise?)

Goalkeepers are improved in the newer build, less stupid mistakes - cross-field balls still floaty but still time for that to be fixed
2 minutes ago from txt

Through-balls are nowhere near as effective as before, requires an actual opportunity rather than just hammering it and getting a chance
4 minutes ago from txt

------------------------

** someone let me know if they want me to stop doing this - perhaps I'm just spamming?

Last edited:
Sounds too good to be true tbh, but it takes a good weeks worth of playing to discover flaws and annoyances though. Definitely very excited at the minute.

And no carry on mjp

I can't believe that we were hearing AGES ago that cross fields passes would be twice as quick yet Chris is saying they're still floaty!

That leads me to think they won't be sorted in time.

Sounds too good to be true tbh, but it takes a good weeks worth of playing to discover flaws and annoyances though. Definitely very excited at the minute.

And no carry on mjp

At the moment, differences between 09 and 10 should be glaring enough for people like Chris so its great to hear that some of the old flaws have been ironed out (ie improvements from the previous game)...

But yeah, there's bound to be new ones that'll have us regurgitating to no end in the coming months... :p

And no carry on mjp

word, i like all the good news but I'll always be a little bit skeptical as with time you discover more flaws in the game.

You want fully assisted as default?

Oh no, I meant the overall pacing...because if its already that much more tactical on both fully assist and what I'm assuming is the default speed setting he's playing at, then I guess it bodes well for other stuff that we can tinker with (slow speed, semi/manual, etc)

I can't believe that we were hearing AGES ago that cross fields passes would be twice as quick yet Chris is saying they're still floaty!

That leads me to think they won't be sorted in time.

maybe chris and co are playing an earlier build

maybe chris and co are playing an earlier build

I know that's a possibility but he's already mentioned that they are onto their second build today - can you imagine them wanting to show people something that is going to create negative press?

On that basis, they must be fairly much playing the build for the thing in Germany that I can't remember what it's called....

Sounds very promising.

Although slightly worrying about the issues with keepers etc hopefully they will be fixed for the final build.

Well done to Chris and the other guys for the updates!

Probably gaming time has ended and they are either gone or assisting some chat from pr guys. Good work until now. Let's see if that "more tactical, slow" approach really pays off.

Sounds good, mainly the shooting, that's the thing I most want to see fixed. I hope the shooting is similar to PES5, you had powerful shots, rising shots, dipping shots, placed/looping shots etc... All FIFA 09 had was the "backspin float-like-a-balloon shit shot" and the weak finesse shot...

I'm still worried about assisted being too easy, it's only as ping-pong-like as you want to make it, I know the guys who went wouldn't play that way, unless they were just trying it out to see if it was easy?

Also worried about the keepers, they have been so unrealistic in 08 and 09, and EA have said they are improved but have hardly gone overboard with their talk of it.

But overall, FIFA 10 sounds like a fairly big improvement on 09 and worth buying :)

Back
Top Bottom