FIFA 10

Wait a minute, 360 only when using close control, not even on normal jogging? I know chris said it wasn't on sprinting, but normal pace surely must also have it right? Wankers at EA otherwise...
ONLY on close control I'm afraid.

Was the new crowd animations in the builds you played, if so, any good or hardly any difference?

Edit: oh and thanks for the answers. Really gutted about the 360 one :(

Hi all, Glad to see you made it back safe Tim. My tube was packed solid.
What a day eh mate!
Mine wasn't too bad! Yeah great day :))

Will you be able to play FIFA 09 again? :P
No.

Was the new crowd animations in the builds you played, if so, any good or hardly any difference?
Didn't notice any crowd animations.

cheers,and do jaygrim really smell of piss?:P
He wasn't there but it's a yes.

Nets are a bit disappointing. They are looser than FIFA09, but nowhere near the football kingdom nets we all dream of. Also, there was only one type of net - the standard square nets, and all stadiums we played in were the same depth and looseness.

did u hear anything if those are the "final" nets?
i mean the nets look really nice in that USA x MExico video..were those the nets u played with?

the build we played today, we were told was 6 weeks old. But they had, on the big screen you can see in the pics Tim posted, was a 24hr old build which is practically the buil being shown at Gamescom. We were lucky enough to get some game time on that build too.

I'm sorry but I can't wrap my head around this one. Is it still 8 directions while jogging and 16 when sprinting? And any direction you want in pace control mode?

I swear that I have seen in videos of FIFA 10 where players do small changes in direction when they run.

I'm sorry but I can't wrap my head around this one. Is it still 8 directions while jogging and 16 when sprinting? And any direction you want in pace control mode?
Well, jogging and sprinting haven't changed, just close control is now 360.

I swear that I have seen in videos of FIFA 10 where players do small changes in direction when they run.

Hi gab, it seemed that when you were sprinting you lost the 360 dribbling. Chris was trying to get Suff to look into this and it was brought to the attention of the EA rep that was there. It was a dissapointment

Thanks mates!

Bloody Rutter going on about 360 and then it's only in pace control that is hardly used more than when receiving the ball because you're as fast as a snail in that mode.

Edit: Now there is a guy over at the official forums, that also played the game, that says 360 is only when sprinting...:CONF:

Last edited:
1st of all thanks for doing a great job to both of you.

Tim just a couple of questions.

Are the menus still a bit sluggish?

Does the ball hit the wodwork a lot?

Are free kicks as easy to score?

Wasn't this always the case? I'm sure Adam and Suff said so when they played the game in June.

Wasn't this always the case? I'm sure Adam and Suff said so when they played the game in June.

I must have missed it :(

I just can't see having only 360 while holding down pace control will change much of how the game is played. It must be way less than 10% of the time you run around holding that button down.

- Are goalie reactions fast enough (running ot for 1-on-1's) - yes they are MUCH more aggressive coming out on their own now.

So does that mean they leave themselves open to chip shot goals like crazy? Chip shots are already almost a guaranteed goal in 09 either going right in or the keeper jumps and touches the ball and it bounces into the goal anyway.

ONLY on close control I'm afraid.

So what happens if you're moving in free 360 control and then release the close control button? Does it snap back into the same old train tracks or does the game allow you to run forwards at the same angle?

It will be a huge let down if 360 movement is only on the hardly used close control.

1st of all thanks for doing a great job to both of you.

Tim just a couple of questions.

Im sure Tim will reply with his views too but here is my pennies worth.
The menus seemed fine to me but we didnt really get to play around as EA ninjas were assigned to every screen to make sure you didnt go into areas that were secret. But we often went into the control configurations menus to change the options and i didnt notice any lag with them.

The ball physics in general were really really good. The ball did hit the woodwork a fair few times but not like in 09. There were many times when goals were scored in off the woodwork where in 09 they would have just cannoned off. I think this will please most. Its definately been worked on.

Not too many free kicks were had to be honest. But Tim hit and scored 1 against Chris i think. A low shot that skidded off the wet pitch and nestled in the bottom right corner. It looked great. I hit a few with Van Persie but got no where near but im generally crap at free kicks.

Im sure Tim will reply with his views too but here is my pennies worth.
The menus seemed fine to me but we didnt really get to play around as EA ninjas were assigned to every screen to make sure you didnt go into areas that were secret. But we often went into the control configurations menus to change the options and i didnt notice any lag with them.

The ball physics in general were really really good. The ball did hit the woodwork a fair few times but not like in 09. There were many times when goals were scored in off the woodwork where in 09 they would have just cannoned off. I think this will please most. Its definately been worked on.

Not too many free kicks were had to be honest. But Tim hit and scored 1 against Chris i think. A low shot that skidded off the wet pitch and nestled in the bottom right corner. It looked great. I hit a few with Van Persie but got no where near but im generally crap at free kicks.

Thanks mate sounds good.

Menus looked exactly the same

Not as much as 09, no.

They are the same as 09.

Hi gab, it seemed that when you were sprinting you lost the 360 dribbling. Chris was trying to get Suff to look into this and it was brought to the attention of the EA rep that was there. It was a dissapointment

I knew something funny was going on when Rutter kept calling it 360 dribbling rather than 360 movement. He seemed to always kind of dodge the details.

Thanks for the info guys. However im really annoyed at the fact that 360 degree is only on close control. This is really stupid imo. It should be available at normal pace and even sprinting (but obviously speed should have an effect on the players response). :RANT:

So is 360 dribbling going to remain like that with it only being accessible during close control or will this be changed?

Was it easier to hold on to the ball then before or was it a constant case of passing instead of shielding the ball at times.

Where did you score your Screamers from by the way. In 09 you can score screamers but most of the time their from the left or right and angling into the far corner rather than from the middle of the park.

How was the pace of the game compared to 09?

How were you beating players by the way? Was it with Skills or were you using the Skill Dribble(360).

Thanks in advance :))

I knew something funny was going on when Rutter kept calling it 360 dribbling rather than 360 movement. He seemed to always kind of dodge the details.

This is so true! I wanted to bring this up earlier but I thought I was just being silly. But it looks like he was doing it for a clear reason. I hope that this is fully addressed before release but im worried it probably wont. This is not what I was expecting from a 360 degree control system.

Back
Top Bottom