FIFA 10

Trance: Rutter really fooled us this time ;)

Thanks to tim, chris, wildster and blaccat for anwsering questions! Off to bed, hopefully without nightmares about Rutter.

I really was wondering about the physics between 2 players and how the struggle will play out. Is the jostling system changed cause it was pretty shit last year in that a small speedy guy could more often then not take on a bigger much stronger defender and get to the ball first while in the jostle mode. Has this changed in that little guys lose that battle more often?

Anyone.

People better start practising with Semi shooting because Assisted shooting in Fifa10 is basically Semi shooting.

My guess is that the label Semi will be removed and replaced with Assisted. Leaving us with two options Manual or Semi.

Add that to the improve goal keepers

:WORSHIP: Sir David Rutter

People better start practising with Semi shooting because Assisted shooting in Fifa10 is basically Semi shooting.

My guess is that the label Semi will be removed and replaced with Assisted. Leaving us with two options Manual or Semi.

Add that to the improve goal keepers

:WORSHIP: Sir David Rutter

That sounds wonderful.

All sounds great.

Thanks to all the lads for making the effort to answer the questions etc, it has been a great read and got me excited for this season.

A bit dissapointed with the 360 but I love the way you have to master it at the slower speed to appreciate its technical acheivement.

Can't wait for a few more points to be answered but it all seems very positive.

If they don't give me FULL 360 movement I will be extremely dissapointed. It's been the biggest incentive so far for me to get this game. Make it selectable if they think people will somehow fail miserably moving a stick in more than 8 directions, but please don't water this feature down to homeopathy levels.

The new night pics look stunning though. Really inviting.

The 360 dribbling is simply fantastic. Sure it's disappointing that it is not 100% 360 in all aspects of gameplay e.g. Running 360, but it is seriously effective at beating the opposition and combined with the new directions on the knock ahead and more responsive turning, it adds a whole new element to the game.

Just to ask again did anyone notice anything significantly different with the jostle stuff and players battling for 50/50's in the air?

Wild can you shed any light on this?

Trance: Rutter really fooled us this time ;)

Thanks to tim, chris, wildster and blaccat for anwsering questions! Off to bed, hopefully without nightmares about Rutter.

The only hope I have is Chris mentioning that it might be changed. It better, because I can't go back to the idea of having the same static movement patterns as before. They planted the seed, now I sort of expect them to go through with it.

I have a question - this probably applies to fifa 09 to, as i dont play in manual

Im not 'that' bothered about 360 dribbling - my question is this:

What degree of freedom do you have in shooting?

Is it 8 direction shooting or greater?

sry if this is a stupid question

i didnt notice a great deal of change. It has improved though. Players dont get knocked to the ground like in 09. It just seemed to work. Maybe more evident on a larger size screen as most of the time we were on smaller ones so maybe some of the jostling animations were missed. It felt ok though like i said.

Is anybody keepig track of the chatbox?

Here's whats in it now:

[10:58] Tim7: The bernabeu is in!

[10:55] Tim7: Keepers are shocking
[10:53] Tim7: Shooting from distance is much improved yes
[10:51] Tim7: Manual is better, tap a and it will do a short pass
[10:49] Tim7: Quick free kicks are good
[10:49] Tim7: Nice new ref animations
[10:47] Tim7: Collisions are ok
[10:26] Tim7: When you're not sprinting, response times are AMAZING!!!
[10:24] Tim7: Keepers are questionable
[10:23] Tim7: Shots are awesome
[10:22] Tim7: Pitch isn't noticable bigger
[10:22] Gab_: Also like that tim said it feels "free-er"

Is the Bernabeu defentley in but with another name like Tim7 says? Can we get this confiremd?

hello i was wondering if Bernabeu is in FIFA 10 ....

I was just about to reply to your pm - here's what TikTikTikTik posted earlier today when observing the chatbox (Tim7 has been there today too) so it looks like yes is the answer !

====================================

[10:58] Tim7: The bernabeu is in!

[10:55] Tim7: Keepers are shocking
[10:53] Tim7: Shooting from distance is much improved yes
[10:51] Tim7: Manual is better, tap a and it will do a short pass
[10:49] Tim7: Quick free kicks are good
[10:49] Tim7: Nice new ref animations
[10:47] Tim7: Collisions are ok
[10:26] Tim7: When you're not sprinting, response times are AMAZING!!!
[10:24] Tim7: Keepers are questionable
[10:23] Tim7: Shots are awesome
[10:22] Tim7: Pitch isn't noticable bigger
[10:22] Gab_: Also like that tim said it feels "free-er"

Right. I'm back from a superb day with FIFA10! I can take any questions in here for about an hour or so from now if anyone wants to know anything specific? I'll try and answer my best.

Regards the Bernabeu, it is definitely the Bernabeu, but will be under a different name. It is assigned as Real Madrid's stadium by default (it was in this build anyway and I can't see it changing). It looks really good too, even got the blue bit round the outside of the pitch!

Nets are a bit disappointing. They are looser than FIFA09, but nowhere near the football kingdom nets we all dream of. Also, there was only one type of net - the standard square nets, and all stadiums we played in were the same depth and looseness.

Fire away...

is bernabeu stadium in fifa 10...

what is the name of it..

FFS :ROLL:

The 360 dribbling is simply fantastic. Sure it's disappointing that it is not 100% 360 in all aspects of gameplay e.g. Running 360, but it is seriously effective at beating the opposition and combined with the new directions on the knock ahead and more responsive turning, it adds a whole new element to the game.

Well, I sort of expected it to. But why not have fantastic x 3 and use it for jogging and sprinting aswell is my reasoning. Atleast as an option for people that can handle movement and passing etc with the analog stick and won't be at risk of running out of bounds, or similar scenarios.

The only hope I have is Chris mentioning that it might be changed. It better, because I can't go back to the idea of having the same static movement patterns as before. They planted the seed, now I sort of expect them to go through with it.

That's quite a heavy change to make at this stage, don't you think? Although I really hope they do.

I have a question - this probably applies to fifa 09 to, as i dont play in manual

Im not 'that' bothered about 360 dribbling - my question is this:

What degree of freedom do you have in shooting?

Is it 8 direction shooting or greater?

sry if this is a stupid question

Not sure what u mean so much in "freedom" but shooting, in my opinion has been the biggest change from 09. Its worth getting in some pot shots from range now. Saw some screamers today. Assisted, as Blaccat mentioned, seemes to have been adjusted so that its less accurate. This is a good thing if you ask me.

Just to ask again did anyone notice anything significantly different with the jostle stuff and players battling for 50/50's in the air?

Wild can you shed any light on this?

Yeah it's been tweaked really well and the game as a whole is very physical in 50/50 situations. Here's an example, today I managed to play 1vai on world class difficulty, me as Barca, the AI as Bayern. Now Bayern as we know are a very physical team up front and at the back AND IT SHOWS! I couldn't get anywhere near sometimes and it totally changed my approach to the game.

A word on the slide tackles, they are quite similar to 09 but I no longer do you have those dodgy connections or clips on players. Also, I made a few crunching tackles today, where I won the ball and guess what I won the ball and wasn't booked for it as often experienced in 09

I think they thought when your running at full pelt you can't really need it? thinking about it in my head it seems quite awkward but I doubt it is otherwise they would have been complaints.

Saying that I hope they do make it 100% 360, Im encouraged as Chris did say "Probably" rather than "Doubt it"

I know Tim has gave his answer so this question is to the rest ... you still want to play FIFA 09 after trying 10?

That's quite a heavy change to make at this stage, don't you think? Although I really hope they do.

Who knows, they might have an option to enable it in the code right now, but just didn't include it for todays playtest. One flick of a switch and voila. I suppose the only thing holding them back is ADHD people with mittens for hands, but if they have different option for shooting, passing and such, give us the same for running I say. There is absolutely NO reason to atleast include the option. Set it to 8-directional as standard and the people who shouldn't be using it, as with the assisted shooting and passing players, won't even venture far enough into the options to realize it's there. Problem solved.

Well to be honest with the 360 while running you can't really do that in a full on sprint can you. I mean you could take a touch to move a little to the left but your not going to be able to do 360 degree movement at a high speed. In some vids I saw that players were using the stick while sprinting to a good effect and you could see the new 360 degree type of touch while moving at a sprint. But i mean if people are looking for something more well I don't think there is much more there.

While i like the 360 dribbling mate i think you took to it a lot more than me. I really think this is gonna be a big talking point when the game is released. I think i just expected it to be more influential to the game. But maybe thats something that will come to me with more time with the game. I liked it though just not as much as you.
ps, glad you got home ok and suprised that chris didnt get lost on the underground.:APPLAUD:

Also please tell me create a set piece is not in the full game to where you can use it online. I can feel another custom tactics exploit.

Well, I sort of expected it to. But why not have fantastic x 3 and use it for jogging and sprinting aswell is my reasoning. Atleast as an option for people that can handle movement and passing etc with the analog stick and won't be at risk of running out of bounds, or similar scenarios.

Fast forward 1 year:

"EA release information on their new innovation for their eagerly awaited FIFA 11 title......... full 360 movement"

You will be surprised how well done it is

Player switching anyone? Does it still change to the most ridiculous option?

AI runs...do they run in different directions instead of just a straight line? Come back from offside positions etc?

Back
Top Bottom