FIFA 10

If someone could fill in this info chart that would be great, so we have it black on white. :)
See MJ's last post, he's just corrected himself. We're knackered, we shouldn't be posting really after travelling half the country to get there, but (speaking for myself) I'm still on such a high. Can't sleep.

Did you try L2+R2?
I didn't... :DOH:

That makes a difference then?

Guys which one of you tried knocking the ball onto your other foot to get a better strike on the ball with the correct foot? What did it look like? Does it work well?

See MJ's last post, he's just corrected himself. We're knackered, we shouldn't be posting really after travelling half the country to get there, but (speaking for myself) I'm still on such a high. Can't sleep.

Hmmm Interesting would make sense if it did work. Seems like theirs a lot of confusion with all this

Guys which one of you tried knocking the ball onto your other foot to get a better strike on the ball with the correct foot? What did it look like? Does it work well?

im gutted that i forget to even try this....DOH! spent the day getting used to the 360 controller.....thats my excuse anyways. In fact i dont remember anybody trying it/talking about it.

im gutted that i forget to even try this....DOH! spent the day getting used to the 360 controller.....thats my excuse anyways. In fact i dont remember anybody trying it/talking about it.
I'm gutted that Blaccat is talking about L2+R2 and I didn't try that, do you reckon if we ask nicely we'll be able to go back tomorrow...?

:(

Can't say for sure, I always tap or hold L2 while sprinting

Am sure I did that today too

:LOL: COMMUNICATION LADS FFS! Surely you lot must have said to each other about the non 360 degree when sprinting. So Blaccat when you used L2 + R2 it was a lot more loose definitely?

Also did any of you try the shift onto the other foot and shoot thing?

Big disappointment reading about your comments with player switiching. Currently it kill a lot of my attacks on 09 because it automatically switches to the wrong man and locks him onto it. And I swich with the RAS. So i'm gutted :(

Yeah it's about the same as 09 really mate. It was accurate on the RAS though so if you are using that I wouldn't worry too much, but it feels unnatural for me as I'm used to using L1/LB to switch players when defending.

Hopefully we can give some feedback about this.

Yeah it's about the same as 09 really mate. It was accurate on the RAS though so if you are using that I wouldn't worry too much, but it feels unnatural for me as I'm used to using L1/LB to switch players when defending.

Hopefully we can give some feedback about this.

Ahh so they are asking for feedback off all who attended? That's cool, raise it as a big point! Mainly the cpu selecting worst possible player then locking you on to it!

Super cance guys...how was that? And shot fake!?

Ahh so they are asking for feedback off all who attended? That's cool, raise it as a big point! Mainly the cpu selecting worst possible player then locking you on to it!

Super cancel guys...how was that? And shot fake!?

I thought the super cancel was great, especially in the latest build, it was really responsive. Shot faking/cross faking were pretty effective too, I scored/set up a couple of goals sending the oppo the other way.

Loving the sound of that. I read previously they made it more effective and more pro evo like. Good stuff. Is the tackling like PES of old too? Do you have to jockey, bide your time then press A to go in for the ball...or can you run round holding A and get the ball eventually...

:LOL: COMMUNICATION LADS FFS! Surely you lot must have said to each other about the non 360 degree when sprinting. So Blaccat when you used L2 + R2 it was a lot more loose definitely?

Also did any of you try the shift onto the other foot and shoot thing?
It felt loose, that's if you are making a forward sprint.

This is something everyone would have to experience for themselves to have a proper understanding.

It surely wasn't disappointing.

The Xbox controller was a pain in that backside, didnt feel that comforttble to try that.

no excuses but im a ps3 player and that 360 controller was hampering me all day.
Can i just add i made it into round 2 of the tourny after beating spurs 1 nil in et with arsenal. I was chuffed about that.
Just dont ask what my 2nd round result was :)

This is something everyone would have to experience for themselves to have a proper understanding.
So true, and it's such a cliché but honestly you have to try it.

We were all saying, the first few games we were like "it's better but it's not a totally new game" - then after five or six we realised we were seeing different things and different goals every time, and we hadn't seen anything that made us say "you would never see that in real life". By the end we were drooling. And something CW said to me afterwards was that "all the old Pro Evos used to be like that - the forums would be full of people complaining on the first day of release, then on the second day people started to come round, and on the third day people were raving about it".

Overall it was so impressive.

I think the best way to describe it is, FIFA 09 to FIFA 10 is like some of the advancements in the old Pro Evos but e.g. going two steps forward instead of one. Everything is tweaked to absolute perfection.

no excuses but im a ps3 player and that 360 controller was hampering me all day.
Can i just add i made it into round 2 of the tourny after beating spurs 1 nil in et with arsenal. I was chuffed about that.
Just dont ask what my 2nd round result was :)
:LOL: For someone who kept saying he was rubbish at the game you were pretty bloody good!!

Last edited:
Loving the sound of that. I read previously they made it more effective and more pro evo like. Good stuff. Is the tackling like PES of old too? Do you have to jockey, bide your time then press A to go in for the ball...or can you run round holding A and get the ball eventually...

It is more effective, but not in an arcadey way like Pro Evo where you could practically fake shot every player on the pitch. In FIFA you really have to time it to perfection, otherwise you could get closed down.

That whole locking on with A/X to tackle has been toned down a lot. Tackling certainly isn't on the rails any more and is a little more challenging. You have to either intercept the ball directly or bide your time whilst chasing after/jockeying and try and poke the ball out from the side. It is way more realistic now I'd say.

Last edited:
@ FootballFan - I posted this earlier this morning on the same subject:

I just saw that Rutter posted 17 hours ago that they just reached zero bugs on the build so looks like they're getting close. I wonder if it'll be that version the guys get to play today?

Based on what we've heard from Chris since that CANNOT be the same version (or their play testers aren't as good as Chris!)

really...
yh i dnt think they played that version
so to think there iz an even more improved version is astonishin

really...
yh i dnt think they played that version
so to think there iz an even more improved version is astonishin

we were lucky enough to have some game time with a very new code. 24hrs old we were told. It was very close to whats being shown at Gamescom.

But for the majority of the time today we were playing on 6 week old code.

So true, and it's such a cliché but honestly you have to try it.

We were all saying, the first few games we were like "it's better but it's not a totally new game" - then after five or six we realised we were seeing different things and different goals every time, and we hadn't seen anything that made us say "you would never see that in real life". By the end we were drooling. And something CW said to me afterwards was that "all the old Pro Evos used to be like that - the forums would be full of people complaining on the first day of release, then on the second day people started to come round, and on the third day people were raving about it".

Overall it was so impressive.

I think the best way to describe it is, FIFA 09 to FIFA 10 is like some of the advancements in the old Pro Evos but e.g. going two steps forward instead of one. Everything is tweaked to absolute perfection.

:LOL: For someone who kept saying he was rubbish at the game you were pretty bloody good!!

Before I got to you comparing to PES, reading this I thought "that sounds like getting one of the new old PES games".

You'd open it, all excited, play one game and it would feel shit. Not the old PES you loved - WHAT HAVE THEY DONE!

Then 2nd game, see a new animation.

3rd game, score a goal that gets you out of your seat. Suddenly the new passing clicks and new dribble animations show.

All of sudden, its the best PES ever!

If FIFA10 has that feeling, then I'm in! :)

FIFA09 is still too dull for me, so I'm pinning my hopes on 10 and gonna stick with it along with you 360 guys and try to enjoy it.

Thanks for all the feedback chaps - made interesting reading for sure! (you lucky bastards!)

I know Chris commented on it but how are the fact that there is no cutscenes affect the realism in the game ? Do players react normally when they miss a chance? If so, are their reactions variated ? For instance when there is a throw in, do we still have a black screen and then the ball has the ball on his hands ?

I know Chris commented on it but how are the fact that there is no cutscenes affect the realism in the game ? Do players react normally when they miss a chance? If so, are their reactions variated ? For instance when there is a throw in, do we still have a black screen and then the ball has the ball on his hands ?
Throw-ins yes, non-quick free-kicks yes, quick free-kicks no. They just put their hand on the ball and kick it.

It's mainly when it comes to refereeing decisions you notice it, and the new animations as well. I remember the first time I took someone out, the referee came running over and I was thinking, he's off - then he starts aggressively motioning "no" with his arms (half-folding and opening them quickly if I'm explaining it right).

Sometimes the camera will "zoom in" to a situation, but it's not the same every time. So sometimes a yellow card will be given in the playing view, sometimes it will zoom in and you'll see the player's reaction up-close - NOT A CUT-SCENE, just a zoomed view of the animations of the player/referee.

And now it really is time for bed because I can barely see the screen. Hopefully I'll sleep this time. ;)

So for those who played it today, judging just the match experience, ie graphics, sound, commentary, crowds, on pitch gameplay, what % would you give it as better than 09?

Back
Top Bottom