FIFA 10

I have a question - this probably applies to fifa 09 to, as i dont play in manual

Im not 'that' bothered about 360 dribbling - my question is this:

What degree of freedom do you have in shooting?

Is it 8 direction shooting or greater?

sry if this is a stupid question

Not at all, but it depends on whether you use manual, semi or assisted. I have scored a number of goals today on fully manual settings and no two goals were the same, it really depended on where you pointed the analogue stick. Semi/assisted settings were perhaps a little more directed.

The finesse shot has been toned down a LOT, but if you really master it you can generate some nice curl on your shots.

If they don't give me FULL 360 movement I will be extremely dissapointed.

I've heard they will be releasing a special version just for you to play with full 360 at all speeds.:P Hopefully, I can borrow your copy?

The only hope I have is Chris mentioning that it might be changed.

Call me an old cynic, but every time I read a comment from one of our guys where they were a little disappointed with an aspect of the game, and the FIFA rep unfailingly seemed to respond with "it should be fixed for the final version", I was thinking, "nope, it'll be exactly the same in the final version".

One thing that I'd like to know is if there's still the same sense of "scripted" advantage given to one team or other. In FIFA09, this was sometimes apparent from the start of a match, sometimes apparent only after certain events (eg. one team scores, suddenly everything is scripted to go their way - every deflection, every tackle, etc). I understand why they put this sort of crap in the game, but in 09,it was far too obvious and overbearing....too reminiscent of the dreaded PES script machine.

See here at 1:08
YouTube - FIFA 10 Gameplay video (HIGH QUALITY) (65% build) PS3 & Xbox 360

hes sprinting but hes moving the ball to the left and right which is 360 degree movement, Was it like that for you lot today or was it like 09. If it was like this then Im happy.

Thank you. This is the video that got me excited for 360 dribbling in the first place. But if the current info about the 360 dribbling are true, then this video is showing the player pushing the ball ahead using the Right Analog Stick. This is obviously more than 8 or 16 directionality judging by the angles, so either this is an earlier version and they now removed it, or this is using the RAS to push out the ball (which someone mentioned has more angles now, I suppose?).

Player switching anyone? Does it still change to the most ridiculous option?

AI runs...do they run in different directions instead of just a straight line? Come back from offside positions etc?

Oh no I knew someone would ask this :). It's a little better on l1/lb but it's still annoying when all you want to do is select the closest player to the ball and you have to cycle through a number of players before it finds the right one. I think we're all going to have to adjust to the right stick as that seems really accurate.

Second question, yes. They really are a lot smarter.

Just caught the stuff on Chris' twitter referring to this:

eeej.gif

I tell a lie... One last thing. Someone pass this on to Placebo on Evo-Web. Placebo - you know that goal you posted a video of?about

The dipping thunderbolt from far out? And you said you wanted goals like that in FIFA 10? The first goal that was scored...

...I swear to you, no word of a lie - it was a carbon copy. Exactly the same. Hope that's made your day. :) Cheers guys, speak to you soon.about 4 hours ago from txt

Good news indeed :)

Oh no I knew someone would ask this :). It's a little better on l1/lb but it's still annoying when all you want to do is select the closest player to the ball and you have to cycle through a number of players before it finds the right one. I think we're all going to have to adjust to the right stick as that seems really accurate.

Second question, yes. They really are a lot smarter.

Care to answer my question MJ please :))

I should be sleeping but thanks for posting that video YoungGun, that's what I was talking about earlier that I could swear I have seen 360 sprinting. He also does the same thing around 1:47. He turns way less than 22½ degrees which is the minimum in 09 while sprinting. Or are the new animations playing games with our brains?

I should be sleeping but thanks for posting that video YoungGun, that's what I was talking about earlier that I could swear I have seen 360 sprinting. He also does the same thing around 1:47. He turns way less than 22½ degrees which is the minimum in 09 while sprinting. Or are the new animations playing games with our brains?

The 360 dribbling is simply fantastic. Sure it's disappointing that it is not 100% 360 in all aspects of gameplay e.g. Running 360, but it is seriously effective at beating the opposition and combined with the new directions on the knock ahead and more responsive turning, it adds a whole new element to the game.

I think we have yet to see normal "analog stick and nothing else" dribbling in 360 movement. When sprinting they might be using the knock-ahead which as per smith2k's quote might be higher-resolution and analog than before.

That is disappointing, were you using manual cursor?

My question wasn't that mate, It was about that video above where it shows the player dribbling at full speed but moving the ball to the left and the right. Was it like that when you played or straight rigid like 09?

I think we have yet to see normal "analog stick and nothing else" dribbling in 360 movement. When sprinting they might be using the knock-ahead which as per smith2k's quote might be higher-resolution and analog than before.

You're right, I didn't see your post about that. Well if the knock aheads are that short it could be an OK solution I guess if they choose to not implement full 360. I mean better than nothing, trying to stay positive ;)

You're right, I didn't see your post about that. Well if the knock aheads are that short it could be an OK solution I guess if they choose to not implement full 360. I mean better than nothing, trying to stay positive ;)

Yeah I suppose, and it all depends on how it plays in the end. But the absolutely worst thing for me in FIFA09 is when moving with only the analog stick, for example in a circle, and having the player make perfect 90-degree turns again and again. Overall movement looks so stiff, I don't want to see it again. :(

See here at 1:08

hes sprinting but hes moving the ball to the left and right which is 360 degree movement, Was it like that for you lot today or was it like 09. If it was like this then Im happy.

Yes, the player is very much in total control for the ball. Moving it left or right as you wish effortlessly. It shocked because that wasn't what I was expecting.

If timed well, you can turn defenders inside out

Yes, the player is very much in total control for the ball. Moving it left or right as you wish effortlessly. It shocked because that wasn't what I was expecting.
During sprinting it wasn't like that though Blaccat, at least it wasn't for me - it was the same "rails" as FIFA 09.

I think what they're doing in the video is they're sprinting and using the knock-ahead stick as well, which is 360-degree (or something close to it if it isn't).

As Gab said, that kind of negates the need for sprinting to be 360-degree - because using the stick you are basically sprinting, at more angles, with greater control. Beating a man is just the best feeling.

(I said I'd go to bed but I can't sleep, I miss FIFA 10 too much...)

Eh?! So it IS like that in the game you played. Well thats good enough for me then. Any more movement of the ball would not be realistic when sprinting. :))

During sprinting it wasn't like that though Blaccat, at least it wasn't for me - it was the same "rails" as FIFA 09.

I think what they're doing in the video is they're sprinting and using the knock-ahead stick as well, which is 360-degree (or something close to it if it isn't).

BTW Chris, who is that in your avatar? I can't even tell if it is a photoshop job where the face is pasted on there. :)

NM, googling "John Barnes" seems to have cleared that up. Who knew... :)

Well, I sort of expected it to. But why not have fantastic x 3 and use it for jogging and sprinting aswell is my reasoning. Atleast as an option for people that can handle movement and passing etc with the analog stick and won't be at risk of running out of bounds, or similar scenarios.

Walking/Jogging whilst holding LB/L1 were 360, it was only when you were running at full speed it didn't feel as though it was 360. BUT, that may just be down the the fact you are running at speed.

I know Tim has gave his answer so this question is to the rest ... you still want to play FIFA 09 after trying 10?

Nope. :CRY:

While i like the 360 dribbling mate i think you took to it a lot more than me. I really think this is gonna be a big talking point when the game is released. I think i just expected it to be more influential to the game. But maybe thats something that will come to me with more time with the game. I liked it though just not as much as you.
ps, glad you got home ok and suprised that chris didnt get lost on the underground.:APPLAUD:

Yeah definitely. I tried to keep off the running button in one game to really put the 360 dribbling through it's paces and it really was incredible how you could duck and dive and change direction so fluently and burst into a run if you needed to.

Yeah got home OK, cheers mate. Sounds like Chris is worn out, that's a hell of a journey getting home.

I think they thought when your running at full pelt you can't really need it? thinking about it in my head it seems quite awkward but I doubt it is otherwise they would have been complaints.

Saying that I hope they do make it 100% 360, Im encouraged as Chris did say "Probably" rather than "Doubt it"

My question wasn't that mate, It was about that video above where it shows the player dribbling at full speed but moving the ball to the left and the right. Was it like that when you played or straight rigid like 09?

As above. I agree though, it is difficult really to be full 360 when you are running at full pelt. Perhaps it was 360 running, but it was hard to pinpoint and didn't look so obvious, it did tend to run in the exact direction you pointed at. The close control was definitely 360 though, you could turn on a dime. Overall, I felt the turning was a lot easier whether running or dribbling, none of the floaty animations with your player going off balance before changing direction.

Thanks for the drink m8

You're welcome. Thanks for listening to me banging on about FIFA 10 all the way home, I must have repeated myself at some point.

Last edited:
Walking/Jogging were 360
I'm not sure about that mate - Tim has said he didn't think walking was 360 and I didn't either, but when you hold down the slow dribble button it definitely is. It seems to be more responsive when you're just walking/jogging but I don't think it was 360, like I say Tim doesn't think it was either.

It's really hard to get across though when people haven't played the game, just how good it is to beat someone and get yourself a one-on-one with the keeper. I'm still on a high.

As Gab said, that kind of negates the need for sprinting to be 360-degree - because using the stick you are basically sprinting, at more angles, with greater control. Beating a man is just the best feeling.

I see :(( But surely the the knock aheads would push the ball much further forward then that? Or is this the new animation for the knock on.

I see :(( But surely the the knock aheads would push the ball much further forward then that? Or is this the new animation for the knock on.
The knock-aheads were so much better, superb. They looked to me like that bit you've asked us to look at in the vid, but perhaps I'm going mad after the long journey.

I would bet money on them being knock-aheads in the video though. (Feel free to disagree with me guys!)

I'm not sure about that mate - Tim has said he didn't think walking was 360 and I didn't either, but when you hold down the slow dribble button it definitely is. It seems to be more responsive when you're just walking/jogging but I don't think it was 360, like I say Tim doesn't think it was either.

It's really hard to get across though when people haven't played the game, just how good it is to beat someone and get yourself a one-on-one with the keeper. I'm still on a high.

Oops I should have added when holding LB/L1, I'm tired.

Big disappointment reading about your comments with player switiching. Currently it kill a lot of my attacks on 09 because it automatically switches to the wrong man and locks him onto it. And I swich with the RAS. So i'm gutted :(

Everything else sounds awesome though :D

Oh and the knock on now sounds amazing too. So glad to hear this is virtually 360 degrees too. They screwed that up in 09. Sometimes it just went the opposite direction to what you flicked!!

Bring on the demo!

Cool Cheers Chris. It seems like you have to play the game to get the 360 movement. Would you say it felt awkward when it changed from 360 to 16 degree

I do not think its the same rail as 09, while sprinting for me there was enough room to manoeuvre left or right. The reason for the limited freedom is to maintain realism. It's wouldn't be right to sprint at unrealistic angles.

Did you try L2+R2?

Back
Top Bottom