FIFA 10

Even though I often disagree with Adam from WENB's viewpoints especially when dealing with FIFA I can now understand by what he mean when he said 360 degree control was not as effectively well used in FIFA 10 as many had claimed.

Another couple of questions for you guys who tried the game out today.

Was the video that was released the other night from any of the builds you played or was it older?

If the video was from an older build, how did it compare to the builds you played?

Even though I often disagree with Adam from WENB's viewpoints especially when dealing with FIFA I can now understand by what he mean when he said 360 degree control was not as effectively well used in FIFA 10 as many had claimed.

yeah i got to admit i thought the 360 would be more stated. I liked it, dont get me wrong but just thought it would bring more to the table. I could be wrong here but im sure it worked in normal pace just not sprinting. Naybe the other guys will bring more clarity later on.

There was a discussion on here about this a couple of weeks ago:

http://forums.evo-web.co.uk/showthread.php?p=1695669#post1695669

Unless any of you listened to the FSB podcast with Adam and Suff you probably wouldn't have picked up on it. As Billy said, it explains Adam's less than enthusiastic reaction to 360 degree dribbling.

Another couple of questions for you guys who tried the game out today.

Was the video that was released the other night from any of the builds you played or was it older?

If the video was from an older build, how did it compare to the builds you played?

The build we played today, well actually we played two builds. Mainly, it was a 6 week old build and still had a few minor bugs in. On the large screen was a 24hr old build, hot off the press and we were told by the EA rep that it is more or less the code that David Rutter will be using at Gamescom. Still with a few bugs but practically the same. Now i dont know how old the code was for the vids but fifa10 really is a game that has to be played to feel the difference. I know its a cliche but its true. Visually i didnt think there was much improvement in the graphics apart from it looking sharper. But even this maybe because i use a ps3 and 09 was sharper on xbox anyway.

I know it's only a game but I feel a little raped by Rutter now. 360 in the new dribble mode is great, but he should have made it more clear that it was only in that mode 360 degrees was being used (if this really is the case, I still can't believe it).

He went on about being able to run anywhere you want on the pitch and all that, making it sound like a revolution in football game history. Sorry I'm going to stop moan about this... at least I'm going to try to stop... :CRY:

I really was wondering about the physics between 2 players and how the struggle will play out. Is the jostling system changed cause it was pretty shit last year in that a small speedy guy could more often then not take on a bigger much stronger defender and get to the ball first while in the jostle mode. Has this changed in that little guys lose that battle more often?

Congrats with the playtest m8s:COOL:
my questions:
1. Is the game more tactical? Do u need to actually use the midfielders?
2. Will 360 dribbling be impelemented for sprinting also?..
3. How was the new close control? What about high skilled dribbling?
4. Were you able to round the keeper?
5. Does the speed play as important role as it did in 09?
6. Does the fatigue really affect players now?
7. Any thought on long range shooting? Any amazing goals?
8. Any breathtaking moments u were impressed with?
tnx:BYE:

Was great to have met all of you today, had an absolute blast. Glad to see everyone chipping in and answering all the questions, so I can have an early night after seven hours of train rides combined! ;)

I know it's only a game but I feel a little raped by Rutter now. 360 in the new dribble mode is great, but he should have made it more clear that it was only in that mode 360 degrees was being used (if this really is the case, I still can't believe it).

He went on about being able to run anywhere you want on the pitch and all that, making it sound like a revolution in football game history. Sorry I'm going to stop moan about this... at least I'm going to try to stop... :CRY:

Exactly. I feel the same. To be honest im pretty annoyed right now. The only hope I have left of this changing is the 'probably' mentioned by the EA rep when Chris spoke about it. Lets hope something is done at Gamescom otherwise for me personally I have lost quite a bit of interest in the game now which is a shame after hearing the positive reception earlier today.

Not so fast Chris... I know you said that there were no 360 while sprinting, but can you also give me the last words on normal jogging (that used to be 8 directions). Not that I don't trust Tim, but I'm hoping he might have been high or something :)

Billy: Yeah I bet the game is still awesome, it just came so unexpected for me, like a slap in the face.

Last edited:
Not so fast Chris... I know you said that there were no 360 while sprinting, but can you also give me the last words on normal jogging (that used to be 8 directions). Not that I don't trust Tim, but I'm hoping he might have been high or something :)
Trust Tim, he knows the score.

The only 360 bit of the game was the slow dribble bit, and the knock-ahead stick seemed to be 360 as well (or if not 360 then a hell of a lot more directions than there were before).

In all honesty, as the day went on, I really didn't care about the 360 sprinting not being in. Now you might think that sounds bonkers but when you beat a man holding down the 360 dribbling button, knocking a little 360 knock-ahead past him at the end, you're left with the goal at your mercy and you don't need to do anything but run straight at the goal (or at an angle, you know what I mean).

That being said, I wouldn't complain if they put it in before release - but if I was going to complain about anything come release, it certainly wouldn't be that. (I'm saying this in complete contradiction to what I WOULD have said before I played it - it's hard to get a lot of it across.)

is bernabeu stadium in fifa 10...

Trust Tim, he knows the score.

The only 360 bit of the game was the slow dribble bit, and the knock-ahead stick seemed to be 360 as well (or if not 360 then a hell of a lot more directions than there were before).

In all honesty, as the day went on, I really didn't care about the 360 sprinting not being in. Now you might think that sounds bonkers but when you beat a man holding down the 360 dribbling button, knocking a little 360 knock-ahead past him at the end, you're left with the goal at your mercy and you don't need to do anything but run straight at the goal (or at an angle, you know what I mean).

That being said, I wouldn't complain if they put it in before release - but if I was going to complain about anything come release, it certainly wouldn't be that. (I'm saying this in complete contradiction to what I WOULD have said before I played it - it's hard to get a lot of it across.)

Thanks for answering mate. I hope I feel the same if they decide to keep it like this, the game sounds awesome, so much positive feedback.

reyes19: I haven't played the game but Tim7 said a fake version of that stadium is in the game, just under a different name because PES probably have the only license for it.

If they don't give me FULL 360 movement I will be extremely dissapointed. It's been the biggest incentive so far for me to get this game. Make it selectable if they think people will somehow fail miserably moving a stick in more than 8 directions, but please don't water this feature down to homeopathy levels.

The new night pics look stunning though. Really inviting.

Back
Top Bottom