FIFA 10

Well that was a rubbish trailor. I couldn't positively identify any difference whatsoever between 09 and 10. Please don't tell me EA are going the Konami route of 'well last year's was good, so let's do nothing all year and this year's will be good too'...

Well that was a rubbish trailor. I couldn't positively identify any difference whatsoever between 09 and 10. Please don't tell me EA are going the Konami route of 'well last year's was good, so let's do nothing all year and this year's will be good too'...

Don't worry, you'll immediately feel and see the differences once you got your hands on the game. Unfortunately, though, I'm not allowed to go into the details (yet), but I'm pretty positive that most of you will be very, very pleased with the tweaked and improved gameplay mechanics.

The trailer looks very different to 09. Movement is different, ball is more free. Im betting those that rkn it looks the same as 09 havent played 09 in ages anyway...

Don't worry, you'll immediately feel and see the differences once you got your hands on the game. Unfortunately, though, I'm not allowed to go into the details (yet), but I'm pretty positive that most of you will be very, very pleased with the tweaked and improved gameplay mechanics.

Ah, cheers for that Tom - always good to get some renewed optimism! Look forward to (one day) hearing your impressions - post August 19th?

That trailer is obviously made to try and get the "Americas" more interested in the game.While i believe in mexico they have no problem with the amount of people into football,the U S of A are still no closer to making "soccer" a major event there.The tailer is gash,but the game will be great.I know you will correct me if i'm wrong.

Ah, cheers for that Tom - always good to get some renewed optimism! Look forward to (one day) hearing your impressions - post August 19th?

I'd love to provide you with way more input, hopefully one day very soon. Bear in mind, though, that I'd still call myself a FIFA noob, based on the simple fact that I never cared for the manager part of the game. So, all I can provide you with is information about what's actually happening on the pitch in local single- and multiplayer matches. We've just received a new preview build yesterday which I didn't get around to check out for myself yet. The last build I played was compiled at the end of June. It already felt pretty dang nice, so I can't wait for playing the most recent version within the next few days. After that I'll hopefully be able (NDA wise) to tell you more.

I'd love to provide you with way more input, hopefully one day very soon. Bear in mind, though, that I'd still call myself a FIFA noob, based on the simple fact that I never cared for the manager part of the game. So, all I can provide you with is information about what's actually happening on the pitch in local single- and multiplayer matches. We've just received a new preview build yesterday which I didn't get around to check out for myself yet. The last build I played was compiled at the end of June. It already felt pretty dang nice, so I can't wait for playing the most recent version within the next few days. After that I'll hopefully be able (NDA wise) to tell you more.
How are you able to play these early builds of fifa10 if you dont mind me asking. are you a Developer on it or something? a tester?

Tom, can you play some 2vAI and let us know how player changing goes, a big problem on 2 or more v AI.
You could not select attacking players when your team mate was running down the wing and the game just swapped players for no reason sometimes, look forward to your thoughts on it...

How are you able to play these early builds of fifa10 if you dont mind me asking. are you a Developer on it or something? a tester?

No, Jonney, I'm not a developer :) Without going into all the details: I'm working for a company which produces shows and stuff for the german television. Part of that is a videogames show which is aired once a week on a known music channel with three letters. That's why I have the chance to check out all the brand new stuff coming out in the next few months.

@Nick: I'll see what I can do :)

Tom, can you play some 2vAI and let us know how player changing goes, a big problem on 2 or more v AI.
You could not select attacking players when your team mate was running down the wing and the game just swapped players for no reason sometimes, look forward to your thoughts on it...

We might be able to do that on Friday, unless it's strictly 1v1 local multiplayer. I personally would like to see how good the AI are, to renew my faith in FIFA.

That trailer is obviously made to try and get the "Americas" more interested in the game.While i believe in mexico they have no problem with the amount of people into football,the U S of A are still no closer to making "soccer" a major event there.The tailer is gash,but the game will be great.I know you will correct me if i'm wrong.
7 million people watched usa vs brazil, i get more "soccer" games on my television package then i would bet anyone else on this website(and im not talking about streaming games, footie channels). I just went to a game where 72,000 people turned out to a friendly vs real madrid(lowest ticket price was $60,mine was $90). I think your really wrong mate. Its getting more and more popular every year.... We get more access every year.. The usa vs mexico match is getting coverage all over espn(something that never happened even going back to 2002).

The recent Confederations Cup success helped in increasing the sports popularity in the US no doubt.

The guy on the right, his fingers, are they ok? :SHOCK:

960428_20090810_790screen004.jpg

The guy on the left is Baywatching aswell....

"duh duh duh duh dum, duh duh duh duh dum, SOME PEOPLE STAAAND IN THE DARKNESS!...."

:D

Not impressed AT ALL with the new videos. Looks like floatly headers are still in. More of the same I guess. If its anything like 09 i'll be taking a pass this year.

The guy on the right, his fingers, are they ok? :SHOCK:

Wow, that's actually pretty frightening. Reminds me of the '08 preview shots with Giggs and Rooney in the tunnel. Hands are apparently extremely difficult to model...but I'm pretty sure fingers shouldn't bend that way.

well EA really have to wow us at Gamescon or i could see the new PES totally stealing their thunder (hype-wise).

i really hope the floaty crossing and heading is out and that shots have more a velocity to them too. the ball movements on the ground in that vid is excellent though.

Back
Top Bottom