FIFA 10

Can see the headlines already:

Gamer Beaten To Death With Dualshock
"Fan preview for famous football video game FIFA10 goes horribly wrong as Lowerleague fan beats Premierleague fan to death with controller"

Last edited:
Haha. I plan on just getting a general feel for the game and testing out some of the most annoying gameplay aspects of 09, so I imagine my opponent wondering what the hell I'm doing trying out all different settings/cameras etc. Not to mention the fact I'm gonna be trying manual settings for a game or two so a few will be hitting the corner flag :).

I asked if we would be under any NDA's and i got this response,

Originally Posted by EAUK_Adroit
I'm just waiting on some details at the moment (as I've had a few questions from members about bits and bobs today) so I can't say for sure yet, but I would imagine so.

I kinda hope so as it must mean we will see something juicy. But gameplay im sure we will be able to speak as much as we like

Haha. I plan on just getting a general feel for the game and testing out some of the most annoying gameplay aspects of 09, so I imagine my opponent wondering what the hell I'm doing trying out all different settings/cameras etc. Not to mention the fact I'm gonna be trying manual settings for a game or two so a few will be hitting the corner flag :).

me too mate. I class myself as an average gamer to be honest. Just dont have the time to get to some of you boys standards. But i pride myself on my style of play and sometimes i pull off somebreath taking pieces of play but my style doesnt bring much success when playing online. Which i dont mind as long as im playing a fair opponent.

Did evryone elses e-mail say tournament's and not tournament. Implying that there is more than one. I doubt if i will be too great so i dont want to be sitting there watching everyone else play. Losers should get a playtime on a seperate pod while the tourny carries on.

I have a feeling that if I do go to the event EA will just say I'm not allowed to film anything :((.
If you say you're recording for FSB they might - MIGHT - let you do it, because they know we're good with the NDAs etc. and we hold things back until we're allowed to release it.

It depends on how complete the game is, but it's a good question for someone to ask!

Did evryone elses e-mail say tournament's and not tournament. Implying that there is more than one. I doubt if i will be too great so i dont want to be sitting there watching everyone else play. Losers should get a playtime on a seperate pod while the tourny carries on.
Yeah, I'd rather spend all the time playing a mixed bag of games to be honest - 50% against humans and 50% against the CPU. And not only that but everyone will be playing on fully fucking assisted anyway so what's the point...

I'm not really interested in taking part in a tournament but I don't suppose we'll have a choice, so I'll grin and bear it while someone hands my ass to me.

Last edited:
I asked if we would be under any NDA's and i got this response,

Originally Posted by EAUK_Adroit
I'm just waiting on some details at the moment (as I've had a few questions from members about bits and bobs today) so I can't say for sure yet, but I would imagine so.

Yea they should allow you to film it. i dont think you guys will be under NDA?
:FAIL:

Im not to fussed as long as we get all your views on the game in here the day or after. Video's of the game will hit a day or two after anyway.

Just wear a big Rasta hat and some fake dreads then hide your camcorder in there...

15GA900.jpg

If you say you're recording for FSB they might - MIGHT - let you do it, because they know we're good with the NDAs etc. and we hold things back until we're allowed to release it.

It depends on how complete the game is, but it's a good question for someone to ask!
Well I've got the all clear from work to have this Friday off so that's sorted :)). If it's still available I'd love to be your date MJ - I ain't dressing up in ladies clothes though ;)). (Not this time, that was all in the past). [I was never confused].

Chris, maybe it's worth you telling EA in advance that you've got a man coming down with an HD camera to get some top notch footage for use on FSB once NDAs are over and you are allowed to post it?

How old are you Tim? I need to let them know your name and age for security.

I'll get onto them now to change my +1. I can't see it being a problem, I'll PM you once it's all sorted.

Last edited:
Tim was 84 on Friday.............happy birthday mate:D

Seriously though, well done to all those who have the opportunity to get some decent hands on:APPLAUD:

chris, i sent you a friends request last night on psn. thought it was about time. i dont know if u have totally given up online with 09 but i will give you some nice and fair games. i dont mind playing with championship teams either.

Tim Edwins
20/12/1986

:))

Bloody hell! I'm sharing this forum with people that weren't even alive to see the Maradona scoring in Mexico! It makes me feel old and rusty... You better do a great job in the Emirates and tell us all kind of details...

By the way, are you sure you won't be able to play manual between youreslves?

The first thing I'll do is switch to manual. Then I'll hand some assisted noobs their asses on a plate :SMUG:.

The important thing for me is whether or not they have sexy woman in swim suits giving out refreshments? can somebody please get a picture of them?

I've asked if taking gameplay footage will be allowed, here's hoping they don't have a hissy fit at the suggestion and revoke my pass. ;)

lookin forward to hearing the views of actual fans of the game for once. :))

Could you all please make sure Rutter keps his shrt untucked for the whole of the playest please.

I have heard he likes to tuck mid preview.

After finding out that Tim is going can I suggest that you have some sort of Evo-Web swearbox with the money collected during the day going to charity?

Just had a response from the head of the event - no cameras are allowed and if you're seen filming something you'll be thrown out. :(

Sadly on this occasion we can't allow any footage of the gameplay or the code in general, and I know the community is crying out for footage but with Cologne so close this is the way it has to be. Anybody who is seen to be taking video footage will be ejected from the event.

Also, we may be playing preview code [i.e. not the most complete build], however I have tried to secure the code being used in Cologne [i.e. practically complete build].

Back
Top Bottom