FIFA 10

I won't be stopping for drinks, got to get the train back immediately after the event or I won't be getting home until midnight and I'll be dead the next day. :(

But I want to shake everyone from Evo-Web's hand. And maybe sign my breasts.

Taken from my download list, September 11th but due to SCEE's stupidity we got it on the 12th. Some fifa10 demo September 10th
2uypudk.png

Last edited:
I would guess on the same demo release date as last years (11th september). With the same release date for the game it makes sense.. the question is if they will release it a week eariler for pre orders, or a week later for non-pre orders..

I'll repost my question for MJ seeing as half of Evo-Web is going, although how far you'll get with Chris just wanting to shake you all is debatable.

Right, time to start a questions list for MJ to focus on during gametime:

- Is crossing fast, direct enough - less floaty then 09
- Do shots have dip ala Gerrard
- Can you do low powerful shots
- Are goalie reactions fast enough (running ot for 1-on-1's)
- Have they improved the movement for penaltybox headers? Do players really attack them or are they still too static and waiting for the ball most of the time.
- Crossfield pass? Good speed, power?
- Short passing, crisp?
- Reaction times players?
- Fouls?
- Advantage rule?
- Direct freekicks, can you take a decent shot? I find it far too precise, anything over 2 bars and its row Z
- Player individualty?
- 360 movement?

Yeah and if you get to play in MM hack like bitches to get some injuries... :P

Can you pull off tricks any easier, I seem to remember Mr R, saying they were easier to pull off and does the AI get virtually every free ball...

Last edited:
Cheers Tik. I'll definitely try the tricks Nick as one of the main things I wanted changing was the ability to beat players with dribbling, rather than just running into a brick wall everytime.

Cheers Tik. I'll definitely try the tricks Nick as one of the main things I wanted changing was the ability to beat players with dribbling, rather than just running into a brick wall everytime.

Yeah, and see if you can beat them with just a drop of the shoulder and pull away from the defender, my big fear for 10 is they have brought back the auto catchup on the AI defenders... ;)

I've just dug out my MP3 voice recorder so I'm going to want interviews with all the Evo-Web peeps about their opinion of FIFA 10.

I'm not going to take no for an answer. :YES:

I won't be taking any videos, nobody will lend me a HD camera and there's no point in phone-quality footage.

Besides that, after the leak the other week, I don't think they'll look kindly on anyone who has a camera.

Decent quality gameplay videos should flood out as soon as Gamescom starts.

Chris et al

Has anyone seen any news in respect of the sound effects?

Some of the crowd sounds need a bit of work and it would be far better to hear booing and whistles at the right time.

Also, they need to regionalise the sounds to reflect those in Spain and Italy for example.

Just a thought............

Don't think so, the only crowd news I've heard is that the animations are much improved and with a bit more variation.

Chris et al

Has anyone seen any news in respect of the sound effects?

Some of the crowd sounds need a bit of work and it would be far better to hear booing and whistles at the right time.

Also, they need to regionalise the sounds to reflect those in Spain and Italy for example.

Just a thought............

Yes a fair bit has been posted about sounds.

Crowds will sound better, certain disliked players will be booed/whistled, derby matches will have much better atmosphere, etc. etc.

I've always missed the use of surroundsound, they could really "add" the away crows by just placing it in one speaker and have the other 3 the home team. Would be great if your at home and concede a late goal. 3 speakers go really quite and you can hear that one bastard speaker belted out cheers and chants.

Back
Top Bottom