FIFA 10

How would sliders work online though?
I would only want it to use against the AI. So if the game comes out and the AI don't score enough long-range goals against me, I can push the long-range shot slider up - without having to wait for a patch that may never come.

Apply that to everything and you have a game that you can tweak to have as little annoyances with the AI as possible. Stricter referees, dirtier opponents, less pin-point accurate crossing or shooting or whatever. Perfect.

In other news...

ANOTHER NEW RUTTER INTERVIEW (WITH INTRIGUING BITS)

The first bit I find intriguing is this response to a question about the guys who only play as Man Utd and Real Madrid:
We are working on something at the moment that might even out the score in online play
Followed by this response to a question about Adidas Live Season:
We’re not talking about what’s going on with Live Season this year but there’ll be some exciting news I’m sure [at] Cologne
Followed by this response to a question about licensing:
I can’t confirm anything about the leagues and licenses in FIFA 10 at the moment but I’m sure there’ll be exciting news soon

I would only want it to use against the AI. So if the game comes out and the AI don't score enough long-range goals against me, I can push the long-range shot slider up - without having to wait for a patch that may never come.

Apply that to everything and you have a game that you can tweak to have as little annoyances with the AI as possible. Stricter referees, dirtier opponents, less pin-point accurate crossing or shooting or whatever. Perfect.

It works well in the NBA2K games. Seriously, this franchise has been head and shoulders above any other sports game on next-gen consoles.

Sure sliders would be a great thing, but as there have never been any in the whole FIFA franchice, I doubt that they are planned at all.

None of us - unfortunatly- know how the engine(s) is(are) build, but the fact that small issues are a big problem for the devs tells me that they either have a very small team or the whole game is build very organic or...so to say...non-modular.

That would explain why they can't easily change small details, because even if the coding itself doesn't take that long..they had to analyse the impacts.

From what I have read so far, it's a good (gameplay) engine with poor code.....or VERY hard Q&A guidelines at EA :)

- the ball physics: if the ball skids on the turf on a wet pitch or bounces on a hard pitch or sticks on a soft grassy pitch.

I wonder if this even possible on the current gen consoles.

In FIFA 09 this seems to be possible.

Watch the games in show, rain etc. When it's snowing, on a long ball the ball bounces high off the pitch because it's cold. When it's raining, the ball slides and sometimes just kind of dies...

It works well in the NBA2K games. Seriously, this franchise has been head and shoulders above any other sports game on next-gen consoles.

I wish I could agree to that. It's a nice game...but certain things a plain broken...escpecially slider-wise.
Thats why this year (2k9), slider adjusting wasn't even enough.

Like the former 2k producer Mike Wang said...2k has a great animation system with a very poor engine.
They try so cover every flaw with their animations.

Watch out for live 10 :)

I wish I could agree to that. It's a nice game...but certain things a plain broken...escpecially slider-wise.
Thats why this year (2k9), slider adjusting wasn't even enough.

Like the former 2k producer Mike Wang said...2k has a great animation system with a very poor engine.
They try so cover every flaw with their animations.

Watch out for live 10 :)

dude you are just plain wrong. A poor engine? there has never ever been a game that resembles basketball as close as 2k does. It is the best SIM game ever created on any system. Every single player feels different, plays different, has different shots then other players. There is not a whole lot that is plain broken when you play against another human. That game puts fifa and live 10 to shame.. they play and look like atari games in comparison

After playing the demo for a few days I think I'm going to get it, but I'm worried that a non-basketball fan won't be able to follow any of it.

I don't know how to defend without a foul being given against me and I don't know how to shoot, I keep shooting from outside the area by holding in the SQUARE / X button and letting go after half a second... Anybody want to give me some advice in the NBA 2K9 thread? Perhaps I should have posted this there actually. :THINK:

After playing the demo for a few days I think I'm going to get it, but I'm worried that a non-basketball fan won't be able to follow any of it.

I don't know how to defend without a foul being given against me and I don't know how to shoot, I keep shooting from outside the area by holding in the SQUARE / X button and letting go after half a second... Anybody want to give me some advice in the NBA 2K9 thread? Perhaps I should have posted this there actually. :THINK:

At the risk of dragging this even further off topic: use the right analog for shooting and release the stick at the top of your jump. Different directions on the stick pull off different shots.

Ok that's enough.:))

most shooters have a different release point... it takes practice practice and more practice.. other factors are in effect, how open your man is, if his feet are not moving, is it off a screen.. go to operationsports.com, look there, also google tutorials on youtube

YouTube - Nba 2k9 Signature Shots

In other news...

ANOTHER NEW RUTTER INTERVIEW (WITH INTRIGUING BITS)
They could reward fewer points when winning with teams like United or Barca and lose more points when losing against weaker teams. Simple as that.

In the 2k9 thread, you can see lots of advise and tips to the gamers that bought the game this last months. Feel free to ask for anything, it's the best sports game ever created.

I've been asking for game sliders since last year for Fifa, and sometimes even screming about it. It would make manager mode a lot more engaging. I've been playing all 2k9 all year and it's still a challenge. Wish I could say the same for Fifa, where the challenge has been mastering manual controls, not dealing with my opponents.

Plus, 2k9 makes one thing really well: game trends. If you rush your actions and choose wrong decisions, your team begins to suffer and looses chemistry. On the other hand, if you put 3 or 4 consecutive baskets, you easily gain momentum as a team.

Now, football is a different sport, but if you have 2 or 3 consecutve chances against a team, they should suffer a little and your team should have momentum. And 2k9 has an incredible way of showing this to the user: espectators. Not only graphics, but audio is just great, a lot of subtle different reactions depending on what happens in the pitch. I wish Fifa had this level of immersion, with your fans literally screaming and shouting if you close your rival into his area and have 2 or 3 good chances.

@ Drekkard,

They had the team chemistry/momentum in FIFA07. It was an added "energybar" underneath the players' and showed when teams where under pressure. They would be "more tired" and more panicked while yours would increase and be able to put more pressure on aslong as you kept possesion. I thought it worked well.

FIFA5.jpg

Its the green vertical bar next to the radar.

The screenshot of FIFA 07 looks pretty good there, nice angle and looks like the pitch is bigger than 09?

I didn't know that about Fifa 07, i didn't play that game!I would be great to have that back in some form in a future fifa.

oO
last OT for this from my side...
I am fine with everyone who likes 2k9 that much,but please don't state my opinion as plain wrong. If you like that game that much,fine for you...no problem with that.
For me, it has some major flaws which weren't even fixable due to sliders adjustments or rating-changes. Nevertheless, I really enjoyed it for 6 months or so. And the thing about the engine was a near quote from Mr.Wang,so don't blame me :)
Different opinions are allowed here,right? So I let you with yours, that 2k9 is the best game of the century, and I will stick with mine that it has some major problems. :)

BTT
@Tik
I never played 07 that much...was that feature really noticble? Sounds like a good thing, even if I don't need any visual for that.

For 09, is it just me, or have it some momentum too,even if it feels not right?

Anyone remember that feature on the last UEFA Champions League on the xbox360 (maybe it was also in FIFA 07 but I don't really remember).It was basically if you were winning a match by more than 3 goals (IIRC) and each time you were passing the ball around the crowd would go "Ole!!".I thought it was cool

Back
Top Bottom