FIFA 10

Hope there is an option for creating a league with set controls. For example when you create the league you set the controls, semi shooting-manual passing- etc then everybody has to play with the same configuration. I will definately be up for a league (ps3) as long as its not assisted.

As for the demo, i hope they just give us a 4 minute half as 2 mins is totally pointless as its just not enough time to sample the gameplay. It would be cool if they gave us the set piece editor to play around with too. Fingers crossed.

Whats up with you Placebo, you seem so negative about everything at the moment. Are you not looking forward to Fifa10?

well you do have a point but it works both ways as well. how many times have we played againts a 3-4 man team with all of them as any and us having 7-8 players online? alot mate and would you agree its a disadvantage on us?

I think that most clubs only play with 3-4 players at a time because its easier to play that way especialy againts a club who actually tried to play clubs the way its intended ie a near full side squad with most people sticking to one position.

i say, on ranked club games, make it a minimum of 5v5 with one ANY to try and persuade and force people to play clubs in its intended way.

At the end of the day, if you have a big enough club like us, its easy to arrange a near full size squad in club games. dont you remember the games we use to organise with Real AVF? we always had at least 7 of us playing.

With AVF real apparently being dead and gone, we should have more BAP players for fifa10 and more of a chance of playing with 10+ players. Their were times a few months back when we had MORE THAN 10 of us on BAP :)

Honestly playing against 3 people who all play 'any' wasn't an issue. Sure, some of them were good, but I don't feel at a particular disadvantage as we could have done the same. You can't expect a team of 3 people to only have one person as 'any' as it would feel like you were spectating a single-player match, with you rarely getting a touch of the ball.

IMO opinion the best way round it would be to limit 'any' to one for teams of 6 or above (as you have more players occupying positions in the outfield), and two for 5 and below.

In general I still think they should allow the 'any' player to select who they want to control. Then at least they can control just the defence for example, rather than it just being what's left on the field.

Why are people going on about if outside the boot shots are in 10 when they were already in 09?

Yeah, becuase every run you make on the football pitch is to get the ball.
Not every run is, but that run was meant to receive the ball. Rooney was the only other player in the vicinity, so it wasn't a dummy run.

Carrick needed options, which is why the guy playing waited so long to cross the ball that the defenders caught up with him.

Well, becuase we want them out..not in. (or well, not out either, just less frecuent)

@ blaccat: I disagree, his run opens space between the midfield and defense.

Ah OK i misread every post regarding it :LOL:

@ blaccat: I disagree, his run opens space between the midfield and defense.

Yes it does but the user AI clearly isn't that smart enough, that run would make sense if C.Ronaldo actually made a run into the box. But he on the wings behind Carrick.

5p21xf.jpg

So that run was pointless, this is a common problem in 09.

Dailymotion - Get away from me!!!!! - a Gaming video

EA_Rom

Hi all. We're just looking into where this leaked video has emerged from. Someone's clearly been a bit naughty there!

It's naughty because - as you've realised anyway - the game was not ready to show in the form of gameplay videos at the time of the producer tour last month, when that footage was recorded. While we were happy to let people get their hands on the game of course, there was still a lot work to be done. So that's why we asked anyone who attended the tour events to sign non-disclosure agreements preventing leaked footage like this appearing, because it's simply not representative of the final game. Hell, it's not representative of the many dozens of builds that have been produced since then, let alone the final game.

So, while there's not much we can do about you seeing this naughtiest of videos, please take it with a pinch of salt and bear in mind there were good reasons for (attempting to!) embargo this sort of footage appearing online just yet.

Well, becuase we want them out..not in. (or well, not out either, just less frecuent)
Yeah, pretty much...it was kinda nice the first couple times your player would do that, but got way overused by a week's worth of play...and frakin get rid of the outstep through balls while they're at it

Yes it does but the user AI clearly isn't that smart enough, that run would make sense if C.Ronaldo actually made a run into the box. But he on the wings behind Carrick.

So that run was pointless, this is a common problem in 09.

I can't see anything wrong with that run. If the noob that played hadn't tried to run through the defender with Carrick, he'd have stopped and had a great opportunity to pass the ball back to Berbatov for a quick cross into the box.

EA_Rom

Quote:
Hi all. We're just looking into where this leaked video has emerged from. Someone's clearly been a bit naughty there!

It's naughty because - as you've realised anyway - the game was not ready to show in the form of gameplay videos at the time of the producer tour last month, when that footage was recorded. While we were happy to let people get their hands on the game of course, there was still a lot work to be done. So that's why we asked anyone who attended the tour events to sign non-disclosure agreements preventing leaked footage like this appearing, because it's simply not representative of the final game. Hell, it's not representative of the many dozens of builds that have been produced since then, let alone the final game.

So, while there's not much we can do about you seeing this naughtiest of videos, please take it with a pinch of salt and bear in mind there were good reasons for (attempting to!) embargo this sort of footage appearing online just yet.

Best news I've heard. I know its not the best video quality but it didn't look that different to Fifa 09. The dribbling did look good, but the crossing seemed identical to 09. Glad they released that statement.

why do the line up the full backs behind the cb's on the formation screen......always pisses me off

Honestly playing against 3 people who all play 'any' wasn't an issue. Sure, some of them were good, but I don't feel at a particular disadvantage as we could have done the same. You can't expect a team of 3 people to only have one person as 'any' as it would feel like you were spectating a single-player match, with you rarely getting a touch of the ball.

IMO opinion the best way round it would be to limit 'any' to one for teams of 6 or above (as you have more players occupying positions in the outfield), and two for 5 and below.

In general I still think they should allow the 'any' player to select who they want to control. Then at least they can control just the defence for example, rather than it just being what's left on the field.

I found trying to play 'any' with 2 'anys' difficult as you'd start to pull men onto the wing and have something in mind then the other 'any' would switch over and move your guy miles away or stop the run as he takes control and ruin the attack.

You can't expect a team of 3 people to only have one person as 'any' as it would feel like you were spectating a single-player match, with you rarely getting a touch of the ball.

But to be honest that IS EXACTLY what Clubs is supposed to be about and exactly how real football works. You pick 1 position and then wait for your team to get the ball around. If you hardly get a touch then that's just how the cookie crumbles, go and play some 5 vs 5 or 1 vs 1 online if you want full control. Most times when it's 3 vs 3, 2 people will pick the striker roles and the other guy picks 'any' and gets the midfield and defence to control so it's hardly going to be an issue for the strikers not to have any of the ball unless the any is terrible and can't hoof it forward to them.

The gigantic problem with the 'any' role is the way people don't give a shit. They'll hack you down like Roy Keane and then laugh as you're injured and they're sent off as they can just control one of the other 9 outfield men on the pitch. Limiting teams to 1 any role will mean that the dirty shits online will have to stop playing that way, stop cheating and actually play a game of fair football.

Last edited:
@ Fernandez - do you mean the line up screen that we see for about half a second, just like FIFA09? That annoys the hell out of me!!

The menus, while awkward in their arrangement, do seem to be a lot more responsive than 09 (and back) so that's one positive from that aspect.

I don't like that left footed cross that drifts into the six yard box - the physics were strange.

And when Carrick's running down the wing, he's showing far too much pace for that one gear player!

However, saying all of that, it's not some date in October that I can't quite remember 'cause I haven't seen it on here for ages ;-p

I found trying to play 'any' with 2 'anys' difficult as you'd start to pull men onto the wing and have something in mind then the other 'any' would switch over and move your guy miles away or stop the run as he takes control and ruin the attack.

But to be honest that IS EXACTLY what Clubs is supposed to be about and exactly how real football works. You pick 1 position and then wait for your team to get the ball around. If you hardly get a touch then that's just how the cookie crumbles, go and play some 5 vs 5 or 1 vs 1 online if you want full control. Most times when it's 3 vs 3, 2 people will pick the striker roles and the other guy picks 'any' and gets the midfield and defence to control so it's hardly going to be an issue for the strikers not to have any of the ball unless the any is terrible and can't hoof it forward to them.

The gigantic problem with the 'any' role is the way people don't give a shit. They'll hack you down like Roy Keane and then laugh as you're injured and they're sent off as they can just control one of the other 9 outfield men on the pitch. Limiting teams to 1 any role will mean that the dirty shits online will have to stop playing that way, stop cheating and actually play a game of fair football.
Plus off ball movement is just as vital as you having the ball and doing something with it. welll said Rad on the rest of your posts about the true purpose of clubs.

When i first knew about fifa clubs i was excited about the prospect of play on a fixed position with 9 other players.

But the reality is that it's difficult to get that many people on. I'd love to play in a fixed position permanently, but I've only experienced a full team a handful of times. Clubs is about playing with your friends in a club in a BAP type situation, but the reality of the small numbers of people on inevitebly means it's going to be 3v3, 5v5. If they truly meant it to be played with full 10v10 players they shouldn't have had a minimum of 3.

Perhaps the best compromise would be to have a 6 player minimum, that way one person as 'any' would be fine IMO.

yes and thats what i thought they meant when they said only ranked matches can be played with 6 or more players per side

yes and thats what i thought they meant when they said only ranked matches can be played with 6 or more players per side

...then they could have separate 3v3, 5v5 modes, with a similar dressing room style. At the moment it's an absolute ballache setting 3v3 up outside of BAP, going through all those stupid lobbies and getting idiots that come in who don't understand the meaning of 3v3 so it ends up 4v3 or whatever and you have to kick them out..

...then they could have separate 3v3, 5v5 modes, with a similar dressing room style. At the moment it's an absolute ballache setting 3v3 up outside of BAP, going through all those stupid lobbies and getting idiots that come in who don't understand the meaning of 3v3 so it ends up 4v3 or whatever and you have to kick them out..
I think they just need to let the game session creator kick anyone out right there in the lobby

The ball physics in that video look a little tennis ballish and it's hard to see the 360 dribbling but I suppose this aspect must be felt.

Anyway, I've preodered FIFA 10, first ever FIFA preorder and first purchase in 12 years.

If PES can fix the animations, game speed and online I will buy it. FIFA 10 is a definite though. I look forward to Gamescom and the demos of both titles.

i preordered fifa09 last year from shopto for £32 hehe and received it a day before launch. win win bald. ya get me my fellow gangster noobs

Back
Top Bottom