FIFA 10

I hardly come in here so apologies if this was mentioned between page 74 and the last page. But on the subject of the 'any' playing in clubs.

The main problem with playing against teams where they have 3 or more 'any' players is they have no problems hacking you down and getting sent off as they know they'll be able to play as the rest of the team and shuffle the formations around anyway.

EA shouldn't have limited the 'any' role to 1 only in an effort to force people to play as a squad more or to play more tactical or whatever their reasoning was. Instead they should have made sure that if a gamer is sent off when playing in a 'any' position then he's blocked from playing.

I can already see the arguments from if say 1 'any' gets a yellow and then another team mate hacks someone down and gets the second and he's 'sent off' and 'blocked' but really it's tough shit, you shouldn't have hacked them down.

-

On another note. I can't wait to see how Clubs plays out this year with the 360 freedom to move around the pitch. To be able to curve your run and stay onside or cut in from the wing on an angle you choose instead of the pre determined 09 angles where defending became a case of just standing in that spot and waiting.

A quick question.
Have EA spoke about the ball deflections in 2010 yet? I felt at times Fifa 09 was scripted a lot so the keeper would spill the ball directly to the opponents feet and it was something that was exploited a lot in 'Clubs' where the opponents would just all run to the back post. Someone would shoot the keeper would knock it to their men on the back post and because the ball was scripted to go to them they would start the 'my ball' animation knocking any defenders near them over and they'd get an easy tap in.

A quick question.
Have EA spoke about the ball deflections in 2010 yet? I felt at times Fifa 09 was scripted a lot so the keeper would spill the ball directly to the opponents feet and it was something that was exploited a lot in 'Clubs' where the opponents would just all run to the back post. Someone would shoot the keeper would knock it to their men on the back post and because the ball was scripted to go to them they would start the 'my ball' animation knocking any defenders near them over and they'd get an easy tap in.
Ball physics and deflections have been mentioned a lot by everybody who's played the game, check out the last FSB playtest update and the Operation Sports preview which is excellent (he even mentions a deflection and a goalmouth scramble IIRC).

The most promising thing that most people have come away with from playing the game have been the ball physics (which even impressed Adam, self-confessed PES fan #1). Apparently it's truly like a seperate entity now and this is something they've spent a lot of time on.

Rumours have been going around that there will be one out to coincide with the Gamescom event (19th August I think it starts?) - but it's probably wishful thinking.

Full of fully assisted users though Jonney Boy as you well know :)
It makes me laugh how some think they are so good at the game (not that I'm saying I am as I know I will get hammered against some of the lads on here who play mainly manual).

I was trying to get all to at least be semi but doesn't look like that will happen. I just got shot down.

Exactly, Most of the league is full of exploits

But that league is full of laggy, assisted exploiters, that's why I left ;)

Could have told me this when you offered me your spot ;))

Seriously hope Evo's PS3 community improves for 2010 so we can actually have PS3 League and maybe even Club

Last year the demo was about a month before the release wasn't it? So it would be 6/5 weeks before release at the end of gamescon. Maybe it will be announced that the demo will be out the beginning of sep. Would seem a decent bet so they can keep interest up for a couple of more weeks and get more publicity.

Exactly, Most of the league is full of exploits

Could have told me this when you offered me your spot ;))

Seriously hope Evo's PS3 community improves for 2010 so we can actually have PS3 League and maybe even Club

Again, i can easily setup a semi/manual league. it amazes me that you guys never voiced this to Gunny and co in the league thread before. You never know, most of the other league members may agree with you guys

I did Jonney, Most of them were confused as to what I was talking about and have no clue what "Assisted" or "Manual" is

Last year the demo was about a month before the release wasn't it? So it would be 6/5 weeks before release at the end of gamescon. Maybe it will be announced that the demo will be out the beginning of sep. Would seem a decent bet so they can keep interest up for a couple of more weeks and get more publicity.

Last years demo was released 11th september with a game release 2nd october. But EA in general have released demos earlier this year so hopefully we will get it earlier this year.. (although they do pre order-demos these days)

The demos are always frustratingly short and on such a low skill level as to render them shite, so this is one person not fretting about when it's released.

Even playing 1 half against mates is brilliant so i for 1 will be looking forward to it

Quick note for the guys unhappy that you can only have one "any" in Clubs now... A thread has been created on the EA forums. Get posting in there and keep it alive for as long as you can if you want the thread to be noticed! CLICK HERE

Ball physics and deflections have been mentioned a lot by everybody who's played the game, check out the last FSB playtest update and the Operation Sports preview which is excellent (he even mentions a deflection and a goalmouth scramble IIRC).

The most promising thing that most people have come away with from playing the game have been the ball physics (which even impressed Adam, self-confessed PES fan #1). Apparently it's truly like a seperate entity now and this is something they've spent a lot of time on.

I can't see it changing otherwise EA would have been crowing about it...

It's not confusing. :LOL:

Also, at 1:46, have we finally seen the end of the 'outside of the boot shot'? Looks great imo. Hope they release a manual clip.

Back
Top Bottom