FIFA 10

They don't want to push it extremely one way or another, it's supposed to function sort of like easy-listening muzak, really.

We always get fifa games earlier here in Middle east exactly in Kuwait last year i Got Fifa 09 in the 22th of September instead the 2nd of October and the Cover also has arabic Tips about the Adidas live season maybe because its for UAE so i think FIFa 2010 will be here before the 2nd of October for sure :) CHeeeeeeRs

Knowing EA, no. ;)

FIFA 10 SOUNDTRACK UNVEILED - really really crappy if I'm honest...

Passion Pit's the shit but they grabbed the wrong song. I can see "Moth's Wings" being the opening track for the game though.

+ for Datarock, Passion Pit, Peter Bjorn and John, and Major Lazer

I'm actually really liking this soundtrack. Needs some M83 though. And I don't think that metal will be making it into any FIFA game.

Wyclef with the autotune...:SHAKE:

Last edited:
that Drogba goal....where was the closing down? Not being funny but i could hit a strike like that if i had that amount of time. But it would be good if fifa10 let you score goals like that

The goal looks nice, but the ball movement is absolutely horrible, it reaches a certain height then just holds that height, seems really unrealistic to me, where's the effects of gravity?

Also, Drogbas shot reaches the goal in about 1:17 (timed with wrist watch), while the Fifa09 goal takes 1:35 to reach goal.

They need to ramp up shooting powers to get realistic.

And, like mentioned, the ballphysics in FIFA09 are weird since the ball doesn't rise and fall in a normal trajectory, but rather reach a certain height or plateau, and then hang there for a while before dropping down. Which isn't how a normal trajectory looks.

From the testing I've done it seems to be related to the bad programming of curling in FIFA09. As most have noticed when striking for example a freekick, once the ball goes faster than a certain speed, the ball won't curl in any direction, despite the ball spinning.
So when you strike a freekick, if it is hard enough the ball will fly absolutely straight for a while, before suddenly veering of at the end. This is also why powered freekicks don't curl almost at all. They rarely dropp below the threshold before they are out of bounds.

So what happens is that Benzemas shot in the video, for the first half or so, it moves like a shot without any curl at all. It rises to a certain height, and then as gravity pulls on it, it starts to level out. But once it is supposed to start decending after reaching the maximum height, it drops below the curl threshold. Since almost all shots in FIFA09 are backcurlers, at that moment the ball starts to get more lift from the backspin. This causes the ball to hover in the air for much longer than the previous, non-curling section of the trajectory would have suggested.

Last edited:
News just in... You can allow your assistant manager to pick the team for you in FIFA 10 (great for when you're playing 2/3/4vCPU and you can't agree on who to play).

I hope you can set auto-subs as well alá PES.

Q) Can you create a squad just for cup games (e.g. putting Arsenal's youngsters automatically in the team for cup games)?

A) Yes and no... You are talking about having several quick formations ready on a button press - we won't have this as a feature in FIFA 10. That being said, we have the assistant coach in FIFA 10; when you have him activated, he will take care of the line-up and rotate your squad based on importance of the upcoming match. So if you have a cup match against a low rated team, he will make sure that players that normally warm the bench will get their chance.

News just in... You can allow your assistant manager to pick the team for you in FIFA 10 (great for when you're playing 2/3/4vCPU and you can't agree on who to play).

I hope you can set auto-subs as well alá PES.

brilliant feature and another example of attention to detail. At least EA are now trying to replicate the real football world,the results and decisions in it.

I hope it's not compulsory, it's annoying enough when you get the 5/7 sub issues for different competitions.
Of course it's not compulsory, otherwise all the guys who love doing all the management stuff wouldn't play it - he says in the quote "when you have him activated".

When I'm playing on my own I won't use it, when I'm playing with friends I will because otherwise every change made before the game is "hang on he's crap, don't play him"...

(Then I remind him that we're playing as Tranmere and that they're all crap)

Would rather have had the button configuration option but atleast, if it works well, you wont have to change your whole team for the cup matches and only adjust a couple here and there.

Well TBH seems a pretty pointless waste of development to me, would have preferred offline saving of replays or proper loan system.....
But you don't play with friends do you? So it won't be of use to you, but to us it's a good little feature. :)

Can't have taken up too much development time anyway, it's just the same logic as the CPU teams utilise.

Back
Top Bottom