FIFA 10

I was just wondering why there isn't more tech sharing at EA as there are some really nice touches in their other sports games that haven't made it to Fifa yet.
This is something that was spoken about in Canada when Suff was over there, apparently they can do it but there's still a lot of work that needs doing with the components they steal because it's a different sport (graphical touches aside), so sometimes it's more work than you would think.

I was begging Suff to tell them to steal the NHL management options, have you seen that game? Makes Manager Mode look like it's from the Nintendo DS in comparison. As does NFL's Halftime Show (where you get a guy taking you through the scores of the other games as well as deeper analysis of your game).

EDIT: Speaking of NHL/NFL, the new NFL demo is out now. The game isn't due out until the end of September, only a week before FIFA... Might we be seeing a FIFA 10 demo within the next week or two? :PRAY:

EDIT 2: NFL is due in August, read an old Google page. :(

Last edited:
I was begging Suff to tell them to steal the NHL management options, have you seen that game? Makes Manager Mode look like it's from the Nintendo DS in comparison. As does NFL's Halftime Show (where you get a guy taking you through the scores of the other games as well as deeper analysis of your game).

It's going down that on-line update nonsense though, I'm just not sure how that will ever work... Their options and stuff does put FIFA to shame, plus you get to fight... :P

This is something that was spoken about in Canada when Suff was over there, apparently they can do it but there's still a lot of work that needs doing with the components they steal because it's a different sport (graphical touches aside), so sometimes it's more work than you would think.

EDIT: Speaking of NHL/NFL, the new NFL demo is out now. The game isn't due out until the end of September, only a week before FIFA... Might we be seeing a FIFA 10 demo within the next week or two? :PRAY:
I remember they had something similar on the UEFA game on PS2 or 360. Can't remember if it was on both or just one.

The commentator would tell you when a goal was scored in a match in your group and in other knockout matches. I'm not sure if they were accurate but it was nice.

I remember they had something similar on the UEFA game on PS2 or 360. Can't remember if it was on both or just one.

The commentator would tell you when a goal was scored in a match in your group and in other knockout matches. I'm not sure if they were accurate but it was nice.
That was in their next-gen Champions League game, I was tempted to buy that off eBay the other day... That was the first EA football game that made me switch from PES (well I started on FIFA 99 and FIFA 2000, played PES/WE every year since, then came the Champions League game).

That was in their next-gen Champions League game, I was tempted to buy that off eBay the other day... That was the first EA football game that made me switch from PES (well I started on FIFA 99 and FIFA 2000, played PES/WE every year since, then came the Champions League game).
Yes the game is really good, but thanks to M$ I couldn't play it for long. *cough* RROD

So I had to play the PS2 version

(from fsb)
Note that in ranked Online Team Play, there can only be one “any” player now.

Oh, dear good they have ruined clubs. Fuck.:RANT:

(or please someone tell me I've misunderstood what they've said)

Last edited:
I don't like that decision either, sometimes having 2/3 any players can be effective.

i think its a good idea. Sometimes you play against teams who have 2 or 3 players as ANY and they are really good and can cain the shit out of you

So you've never played a team of 10 players? Then we can talk about the shit out of you with pressure all over the pitch..

I've never had any problem with 2 or 3 or 12 'any' players and I really can't se any reason for them to remove it (well, except for putting me of with FIFA10 for the moment..). It's way harder to play teams with many fixed positions anyway.:TD:

So you've never played a team of 10 players? Then we can talk about the shit out of you with pressure all over the pitch..

I've never had any problem with 2 or 3 or 12 'any' players and I really can't se any reason for them to remove it (well, except for putting me of with FIFA10 for the moment..). It's way harder to play teams with many fixed positions anyway.:TD:

My bap team play on fixed positions most of the time. whats the point in playing "be a PRO" mode when you wish to play as ANY? pointless IMO. playing as ANY is good so you dont rely on the stupid AI to piss u off but again, we only need one player playing as ANY for that.

If you want to play as ANY then BAP is not the mode for you. BAP is meant to be focused on you playing as one player.

Anyways 5v5 is unranked matches. does that mean you need at least 6 players to play a ranked game? if so thats BRILLIANT news. forces BAP clubs to not only play as a fixed positions, but to have over 5 players playing in a ranked match in bap!

You dont realize the amount of opponents we play againts that only have 3-4 players playing has ANY and having a clear advantage over our bap team who only have one or two players as ANY and have over 5 of us playing at a time "sometimes 10 of us".

Great news

Last edited:
My bap team play on fixed positions most of the time. whats the point in playing "be a PRO" mode when you wish to play as ANY? pointless IMO.

If you want to play as ANY then BAP is not the mode for you. BAP is meant to be focused on you playing as one player.

Anyways 5v5 is unranked matches. does that mean you need at least 6 players to play a ranked game? if so thats BRILLIANT news. forces BAP clubs to not only play as a fixed positions, but to have over 5 players playing in a ranked match in bap!

You dont realize the amount of opponents we play againts that only have 3-4 players playing has ANY and having a clear advantage over our bap team who only have one or two players as ANY and have over 5 of us playing at a time "sometimes 10 of us".

Great news

I'm sorry, but exactly when did they rename "Clubs" to BAP? Must have missed it.

And I don't want a "be a PRO"-mode to play as any, I want a "Clubs"-mode to play with my friends. Or honestly I don't really care what they call it, may it be "be a pony"-mode or "fork"-mode.

Last edited:
That's ruined clubs. What happens if there's only 3 of you? 1 as any can be very boring just watching one other team member control 8 other spots on the pitch. You are naturally going to put 2 or 3 as 'any' so that it's fun.

Just because 2 or 3 people pick 'any' doesn't mean you are in any way at a better advantage. If anything it's harder playing 3 as any as player switching can seem pretty random, and you often have to play defensive as well as offensive. They should have left it as it is. Our team often picks 2 or 3 any and we are effective because of practice alone, not because we are at a better advantage. Yet again I feel EA are limiting our play.

I'm sorry, but exactly when did they rename "Clubs" to BAP? Must have missed it.
sorry your correct, its not BAP its clubs but the main idea of clubs is to play on fixed positions with every player on the field. All that logic is thrown out of the window when you only have 3-4 players all playing has ANY.

Defeats the main intentions of ea's vision of clubs.

[FIFASoccerBlog] First off, a question for the Online Team Play guys. It’s been said that 5v5 play will be available again in FIFA 10, but will you be able to set a specific amount of players pre-game (e.g. 4v4, 6v6, 8v8)? Or is it a flat-out 5v5 or 10v10 option?

[FIFA 10 Online Producer Christophe Labrune] You can choose up to 5v5, which is a cool alternative, however we only allow it in unranked. We really want to encourage up to 10v10 online, with players specialized at each position. Note that in ranked Online Team Play, there can only be one “any” player now.

Chris, this was a question i asked , so i appreciate you getting the answer thanks

i am happy enough with that answer :APPLAUD:

although i would like to have 2v2 with the option of having 2 any players

That's ruined clubs. What happens if there's only 3 of you? 1 as any can be very boring just watching one other team member control 8 other spots on the pitch. You are naturally going to put 2 or 3 as 'any' so that it's fun.

Just because 2 or 3 people pick 'any' doesn't mean you are in any way at a better advantage. If anything it's harder playing 3 as any as player switching can seem pretty random, and you often have to play defensive as well as offensive. They should have left it as it is. Our team often picks 2 or 3 any and we are effective because of practice alone, not because we are at a better advantage. Yet again I feel EA are limiting our play.

But EA'S vision of clubs was to have people play on fixed psotions ie 10v10. if the majority just want to play 3v3 or 4v4 then i fail to see why EA bothered having 10v10 with fixed positions as an option if people dont use it.

for me 3v3/ 4v4 is not that different to 2v2. i always thought clubs is used to create a team filled with real human players and all try and play as a team together.

Chris, this was a question i asked , so i appreciate you getting the answer thanks

i am happy enough with that answer

agreed. seems like you share my same thoughts on "Clubs"

My bap team play on fixed positions most of the time. whats the point in playing "be a PRO" mode when you wish to play as ANY? pointless IMO. playing as ANY is good so you dont rely on the stupid AI to piss u off but again, we only need one player playing as ANY for that.

Great news

Don't know how you can say that jonney. Forcing people to have a 5 player minimum is ridiculous. Our team alone proved that there only generally 3 or 4 on at a time and that's been hard enough coordinating that. So that's it? Even if we have 4 people willing to play together we can't play clubs?

When there's only 3 of you, you need 2 as any to relieve the burden of only 1 player controlling 8 others on the pitch.

But EA'S vision of clubs was to have people play on fixed psotions ie 10v10. if the majority just want to play 3v3 or 4v4 then i fail to see why EA bothered having 10v10 with fixed positions as an option if people dont use it.

for me 3v3/ 4v4 is not that different to 2v2. i always thought clubs is used to create a team filled with real human players and all try and play as a team together.

agreed. seems like you share my same thoughts on "Clubs"

But how often have we had 10 people on at any one time? Or even 8? Clubs is about playing for your club within your squad. I can see the argument for fixed positions, but what happens when there's only 3 of you? You all pick 3 fixed positions and let the AI control the rest? That's suicide online against these assisted guys.

Putting 'any' in was the only way to stop that and only having one person control the rest of the outfield players feels like 1v1 with 2 others tagged on for good measure. That's not how clubs should be.

They didn't need to limit it at all, it's these fucking kids whining about getting beaten by people who practice in 3 and 4s ruining it.

If you want EA to know what you think then get on their forums, if enough people reiterate the same greivances then they'll listen. Start a thread about it.

I never play BAP (online) so I don't know whether what they've said is a good thing or a bad thing!

You're welcome!

Last edited:

Great news

well said jonney

Don't know how you can say that jonney. Forcing people to have a 5 player minimum is ridiculous. Our team alone proved that there only generally 3 or 4 on at a time and that's been hard enough coordinating that. So that's it? Even if we have 4 people willing to play together we can't play clubs?

When there's only 3 of you, you need 2 as any to relieve the burden of only 1 player controlling 8 others on the pitch.

well its not forcing, we can still play clubs but just unranked. Clubs needed a unranked mode and finaly we get it. no more practising in ranked club games lol, we can finaly do some proper practise sessions againts other random clubs.

Plus MJ, Half of the time we easily get over 5 of us playing at once. their was a time that for nearly a month, we had 7-8 players playing nearly every night. If you look at our club members, nearly half of us could be classed as regulars. its just now recently that none of us play clubs that much anymore but i imagine when fifa10 comes out, we will easily get 10 of us online within the first month or two after fifa10 is released.

i am just happy of the news because it forces a fair game of football when you have a near full squad playing "clubs"

i can see both sides of the arguement, but clubs was meant to be played 10v10 humans! unfortunately this is rarely going to happen, due to clubs not having that many players! this 1 any thing doesn't really bother me tbh as our club only uses 1 any anyways!

i can see both sides of the arguement, but clubs was meant to be played 10v10 humans! unfortunately this is rarely going to happen, due to clubs not having that many players! this 1 any thing doesn't really bother me tbh as our club only uses 1 any anyways!
very rarely do our Club use more than one ANY as well.

Back
Top Bottom