FIFA 10

How about just a FIFA 10 vs PES 2010 seperate thread? People are obviously gunna want to discuss and compare the differences between the two football titles, and it'll leave any news for each individual thread. :SMUG:

I guess that's a no then Chris... :CRY:
I've asked that before and the answer was no if I remember rightly, they said it's related to your timing and your positioning. But I'll ask again just to see if they've improved it at all. ;)

I'll also ask if the goalkeepers are superhuman but I think they may be offended after Rutter said in that interview they've purposefully made them better...

I've asked that before and the answer was no if I remember rightly, they said it's related to your timing and your positioning. But I'll ask again just to see if they've improved it at all. ;)

I'll also ask if the goalkeepers are superhuman but I think they may be offended after Rutter said in that interview they've purposefully made them better...

;)

if better means they are actually moving out of their goal if you are in a 1 on 1 situation i will be very happy.

it is so annoying that they basically are glued to their line once you broke the offside trap, you can get so close that you have no problem to place your ball right. and lobs are next to impossible to achieve.

if better means they are actually moving out of their goal if you are in a 1 on 1 situation i will be very happy.

it is so annoying that they basically are glued to their line once you broke the offside trap, you can get so close that you have no problem to place your ball right. and lobs are next to impossible to achieve.

I can do perfect and sexy lobs so often. Long lobs that go high and down when the keeper is running towards my striker and that chip shots that just go above his body.

Ruttski

"spent the day testing fully manual controls. epic 1-0 battles...thoroughly enjoyable."

:BOP:

I can do perfect and sexy lobs so often. Long lobs that go high and down when the keeper is running towards my striker and that chip shots that just go above his body.

i must be doing something wrong than...it happens very, very rarely to me that the keeper runs out and closes down the angle...i do it all the time and the ai takes advantage of it every now and then, feels realistic...

There's a few pictures from a press event HERE.

The majority are of the back of people's heads (which is secretly what we're all interested in), here's three of the game.

CLICK ME (1)
CLICK ME (2)
CLICK ME (3)

I post them here in-case any eagle-eyed Evo-Webbers spot anything new, I'm not as observant as some...

Last edited:
Nobody's blamin' you. The way he worded it was weird as fuck and I can see how someone could interpret it that way but just the fact that he said they tweaked the response times to stamp out ping pong passing and passing to guys that your player can't see makes me think that it could only mean decreasing the response times (which is still a pretty bad move in my opinion).

That and the fact that the response times in this game seem pretty much 1:1 almost. I mean, if you wanna stop ping ponging the ball (which is all to prevalent in this game) you certainly wouldn't makes the response time shorter now.

Like someone said earlier, with both shooting and passing, there's no need to handicap us with the response times. Shoot and pass quickly and in bad positions all you want, just make it less accurate. Either way they take it, decreasing or increasing, it's a bad idea.

No offence chaps but I'm 100% sure of what he is saying. When I first heard it on the official forums, it didn't even occur to me that it might be misunderstood, which is why the posts about it here had me doubt it myself. I've listened again though, and Rutter definitely phrases it just fine.

To paraphrase, Dave Rutter doesn't want to break the laws of physics to let passes be instantaneous, there will always be some delay. He runs off this spiel about how players will either stab their weaker foot at the ball for quicker response, or they will wait a tiny bit longer to use their stronger foot*.

"THAT SAID" (i.e. 'however', or 'but'),

they have decreased the response time (increased the responsiveness) by 15% from the last build [of FIFA 10].

I'm surprised that everyone misunderstood this simultaneously - whether one person misunderstood first, and this happened to subconsciously affect other people's comprehension of what he said, I don't know. For me though, it's utterly watertight.

I agree with what you said about the problem with the passing being more about defenders not intercepting than responsiveness. I'm pretty sure EA have said that they're fixing interceptions though, sticking their leg out to block opposition passes and stepping over team-mates passes that weren't meant for them.

*(this incidentally is the only part that is ambiguous, btw. I took it to be a reference to the urgency meter - if they have to get something on it to stop the defender winning the ball then they'll do what they can, otherwise they will go for quality over speed)

Last edited:
Look at the guy presenting, and then look at the other pictures videogameszone.de have of this event. It's not the Next gen presentation.

They said on the forums there was nothing they could do about it when PES has the license.

Those Konami bastards...............

But why do they use names that isn't even close to their real names? If Konami yould use Roberto Larcos then surely EA can use San Der Var and Speijder?

Back
Top Bottom