FIFA 10

Definately liking the sounds of the slower gameplay and the animations being slowed down, smaller players and then the seemingly larger pitch. I love playing slow, possession football and FIFA 10 sounds like it's going to be spot on :D

I like the sound of slow reaction times, but skilled players should be a lot quicker in all the technical-related things, like trapping, passing, moving with the ball and shooting. That, with a bigger pitch and smaller players, should create now and then the necessary spaces to create chances.

I prefer that fast players can't overrun defenders everytime. Take Ronaldo, for example, we'll all agree he0's very fast. But how many times in the year he has managed to run the entire field to score alone against the keeper? That things happens less offten than people think. Take eto'o, how many time he has managed to get a 1vs 1 only relying on speed? 3, 4 times for a compelte season?

It's difficult to implement speed in the game, but I prefer it not to be a decisive factor by now, until more control over how we make players run is achieved. I would also like acceleration to make more differences at short-term and stamina to affect greatly the players, so you can't run the entire field 3 times in a row.

And finally, as someone said before very accurately, I would like speed to affect skill or viceversa, so if you try to run down the pitch with a less skilled player his control of the ball was not so good and sometimes miskicks it or looses pace because of a bad touch.

So, if Fifa 10 is going this way, great. If not, then we'll have gameplay problems very similar to fifa 09.

In that videogamer interview he says

"For online, the number one complaint was the use of custom squads in matches. We’ve fixed that in our single-player mode. I’ve just discovered that there’s an exploit in clubs at the moment where you can still do it. I doubt we’ll manage to fix that before we launch 10."

Noooooooooooooooooooo!

i.e. so many people are pissed off that there's still no trophy celebrations.

If you are a 7 year old like my son who likes picking up trophies.
Where as us adults shouldn't really give a toss about that should we?

In response to some other posts - the game will be what it is. Not that much anybody can do about it. It's simple really. Like it or lump it.

Some will get peeved and some will enjoy.

I believe everybody should just copy and paste their posts from last year... and the year before that too. Seriously, there is no point getting negative or positive about it until it's actual played by the individual.

Relax people.

I also hope that the 360° dribbling will allow the most gifted players to actually dribble past players without relying on tricks but only by using the left stick as in FIFA 09 it was very difficult
Btw here is something I fantasize of doing in a football, the goal at 01:15
YouTube - ronaldo - inter

Some inspiration for our new feature, create a set piece.

Would be amazing if you could make one of these work in a game... :)

youtube video

That Depor FK I refereed to earlier is in there, awesome goal.

Definately liking the sounds of the slower gameplay and the animations being slowed down, smaller players and then the seemingly larger pitch. I love playing slow, possession football and FIFA 10 sounds like it's going to be spot on :D

I just hope they aren't too small so you feel like a spectator in the stands. That's my main gripe with the tele cam in the last two games. I've tried zooming in but then it cuts off half the pitch.

Oh and I love that FK video, some very clever gameplans.

While on the tackling subject, I really hope they tone down the cards for every damn tackle. Looking at the tackles I agree they do deserve a card for it, the problem is that you can't do a sliding tackle without it looking like you want to kill the other player if you miss the ball.

Me too, rarely use the sliding tackle because all you need to do is hold 'X' and most of the time it gets the ball anyways.

Nothing better for me than a full on blood curdling 50-50 tackle.Shinpads and shit flying everywhere...ooh yes please.:WORSHIP:

I don't play in modes where I control all players so I think the problem is with the CPU ;)

So the fouls are committed by the AI but you're still complaining when they get booked? Seems a bit of a silly complaint to me, most people complain that the AI don't get booked enough.....

So the fouls are committed by the AI but you're still complaining when they get booked? Seems a bit of a silly complaint to me, most people complain that the AI don't get booked enough.....

That's the truth, how many times have you been tripped, hacked or very slightly nudged just enough for your guy to hit the treacle patch and have the ball nipped...:P

I also hope that the 360° dribbling will allow the most gifted players to actually dribble past players without relying on tricks but only by using the left stick as in FIFA 09 it was very difficult
I have a bad feeling on this one, I think we may see auto catch up at it's worse, though if they do get this wrong could things like this be sorted with DLC...:CONFUSE:

Well they're on my team so I wouldn't say it's silly for me wanting to have 11 players on the pitch more often than I do in BAPS.

Edit: Isn't it silly by you then to say that shooting low hard shots is easy when most people complain about it being the other way around? ;)

Last edited:
If you are a 7 year old like my son who likes picking up trophies.
Where as us adults shouldn't really give a toss about that should we?

They should do what we did with Subbuteo, buy the little trophies and run round your room with it above your head, then give a pretend interview... :EASY::RSCARF:

SUBBUTEO%20HEAVY%20WEIGHTS%20F.A.%20CUP.JPG

Well they're on my team so I wouldn't say it's silly for me wanting to have 11 players on the pitch more often than I do in BAPS.

Edit: Isn't it silly by you then to say that shooting low hard shots is easy when most people complain about it being the other way around? ;)

I'm not saying you're silly for having a contrary opinion, I'm saying it's a silly thing to complain about, apologies if the distinction is too subtle ;)

I have a bad feeling on this one, I think we may see auto catch up at it's worse, though if they do get this wrong could things like this be sorted with DLC...:CONFUSE:

I share the same feeling tbh.It's a pity because actually dribbling is ruined by this, for instance a guy like Messi relies most of the times on a technique that you can't reproduce with FIFA just by shifting the ball away from the opponent

Can somebody explain why Adam.

On the WENB Podcast "Would not talk about the negatives because they can be fixed it is an early build"

On the Fifa Podcast "I am very concerned by all these bugs and they don't have much time to fix it"

WENB "The player likenesses are superb and the faces make the game much more realistic"

Fifa "Little things like faces don't mean much anyway they are just an extra"

:RANT:

On the WENB Podcast "Would not talk about the negatives because they can be fixed it is an early build"

On the Fifa Podcast "I am very concerned by all these bugs and they don't have much time to fix it"

WENB "The player likenesses are superb and the faces make the game much more realistic"

Because: Adam of WENB.

It's quite obvious to everyone that he will always do what he can to undermine Fifa and the Fifa community, like getting rid of one of FSB's best contributors, not letting the most impartial, respected member of FSB actually get to playtest Fifa10, etc. etc. etc. He's a PES/Konami Fanboy, always has been, always will be, the sooner he just gets his job with Konami that he's clearly angled for for years the better it'll be for everyone so there's no pretence of impartiality left.

You know the answer to that.

They should do what we did with Subbuteo, buy the little trophies and run round your room with it above your head, then give a pretend interview... :EASY::RSCARF:

SUBBUTEO%20HEAVY%20WEIGHTS%20F.A.%20CUP.JPG

Hey, I actually did that when I was a boy and won my father at subbuteo! I remember buying the Leeds team in London and regard it as a magic item in my list of possessions.

In fact, I still have the subbuteo cups and when I do fifa or pes tournaments with my friends the winner has the right to take it home with him and bring it again for the next tournament. We put the cup above the ps3. Kiddy things, but really they make for a laugh.

PS: I have the cup at home because I won the last one with Genova, yeah!

Back
Top Bottom