FIFA 10

Hmm the first five mins he's giving it some positive impressions though, which is interesting.

Man, I really can't wait to play this :D

Where's Suff from? He's got a very strong American accent, but then has twinges of an English accent as well?

Hmm the first five mins he's giving it some positive impressions though, which is interesting.

Man, I really can't wait to play this :D

Where's Suff from? He's got a very strong American accent, but then has twinges of an English accent as well?

he is originally from Jamaica,

used to play for watford and then liverpool and now is the tranmere manager

just on the early part of the podcast where adam is talking and i am liking what he is saying

fifa 10 feels like a simulation and they have it spot on, which now makes fifa 09 not seem a simulation (not the exact words but you get the point)

also the speed of fifa 10 is allot slower, thats good news to me, he also says it punishes you for any mistake (GOOD)

he then said how he used to like the flow of fifa 09 and how you could pass etc (not what he said last year when it came out)

Why does everyone say goalies are superhuman!? They are fucking retarded whenever I play...
Because you never take a potshot (i.e. "shit I'm going nowhere here, might as well just blast one") and watch it fly in. It either floats into the keeper's arms or floats over the bar.

There's areas of the pitch where it is absolutely impossible to score from, because the goalkeeper will always have it covered from certain angles.

Not at all, I've seen plenty of goals where a player has surprised the goalkeeper by hitting it early and it's flew in. You can't do that on FIFA 09.

Oh yeah I see what you mean there. I thought you meant just crap shots trickling in from ridiculous angles!

They have a two foot hidden force field on tap, save shots they should get no where near, they have in some cases ESP...

Spain?

:COAT:

Add to that list:

- Stay on the line when the ball ping pongs in the area.
- Take an age to come off their line and collect easy balls.
- Don't cover their posts properly. (Try this, go into the arena and take the ball to the furthest part right of the GK area, where it meets the touchline, but leave enough space so you can see a gap to shoot at goal from a free kick. Press on the D-Pad for a free kick. Notice how the GK doesn't cover his post? He ALWAYS faces forward. All you have to do is blast it in the gap. It's the same in-game.)

Last edited:
Still no news about weaker foot accuracy/frequency?

im skeptical about the 360 movement. Especially for for PS3 players - the sticks are so loose they will literally be dribbling off the pitch.

Has the shooting been improved to allow for long, low driven, venom laced power shots? In FIFA 09 it was nearly impossible to score like that. The ball would balloon up and float back down. If the ball physics have been improved it will help in removing the repetitive nature and predictability of goal scoring which is found in current FIFA games.

Billy, in a word, yes. This was my main complaint and I've been assured the ball physics (including shot physics) are great now, see our playtest review article from yesterday.

Billy, in a word, yes. This was my main complaint and I've been assured the ball physics (including shot physics) are great now, see our playtest review article from yesterday.

Thank You. Thats all I really needed to know. :)

I was talking about an interview with Rutter that will be going up tonight Vitalic (probably midnight). The podcast is just Suff & Adam's opinions of the game after having played FIFA 10 and PES 2010, although I suppose there's controversy there too (see mjsmith2k's post about Adam's 360 dribbling statement)... I don't have a transcript though (and I haven't had time to listen to it yet to be honest). :EMB:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom