FIFA 10

What's the delivery date? On another forum, somebody said they pre-ordered MW2 but they would only get it 3 days after release!

My email said

"FIFA 10 - Xbox 360: Delivered Free on 2nd October."

"We will contact you by Friday 2 October 2009 to arrange a convenient date and time for your delivery.
A signature will be required for this delivery "

EA are coming off the back of two very decent Fifa games, though, with a good graphics/animation/game engine in place already, whereas Konami genuinely do have their work cut out this year to catch up.

That's true, if they are re-writing some core aspects of the game for PES2010 you would expect them to be working on it right up until when it goes gold because there will be a lot of work around incorporating the motion capture and new tactics system.

I just can't believe how good EA are at listening to the community though, for me the worst things were the floaty ball physics and having to play vs. assisted people online and it looks like both of those things have been addressed. Obviously there is a lot else that needs fixing but those were the two "showstoppers", things which meant I only played the game for about a month, maybe this year it's lifespan will be slightly longer.

Does he look dirty and sweaty or is it just me

That is the exact same thing I said to Bitter Rivals when I saw this video. Guy looks like he hasnt had a wash or sleep in a long time. Let's hope all this hard work and lack of basic hygeine pays off and FIFA 10 is worth it :D

Video looks good up until that free kick near the end where the ball moves in a floaty unrealistic way. It doesn't move like that in the actual game so it always bug me that they touch it up and make it move like that on trailers.

That list I posted earlier with the 20 MM updates has been updated to include 6 more, just posting it here for the benefit of Placebo/Nick Cave (well he'll never be happy so just for Placebo I suppose - pot calling kettle black I know :P)...

• Improved atmosphere in matches with rivals and more 'frantic' celebrations
  • Ability to view opponents starting 11 pre-match
  • Ability to shortlist up to 20 players
  • Computer generated player names will be regionalized, "no more Scott McFadden from Brazil"
  • Kit editing ("now that we know how important the kit editing screen was, based on the amount of complaints we've received for not having it, we've made a new one")
  • Additional commentary (including "transfer speech, player form speech, board confidence comments and much more")
(I'm presuming "kit editing" means mixing and matching areas of the kits? So you don't get teams with the same colour shorts/socks etc., or am I missing something? Great addition if I'm getting that right!)

just posting it here for the benefit of Placebo/Nick Cave
What about me? :CRY: I could be an MM fanatic in FIFA 10 I think :)).

CD said:
I'm presuming "kit editing" means mixing and matching areas of the kits? So you don't get teams with the same colour shorts/socks etc., or am I missing something? Great addition if I'm getting that right!
Wow! I hope you're right. Though it would look odd for example playing in a teams home kit with the away shorts! I'm not sure that's what they mean by it to be honest. But I also think they can't mean that you can edit your team's sponsor or kit pattern as the clubs wouldn't be happy about that. Hmm :THINK: I'm actually really intrigued as to what this actually means.

Would love to hear if they have even touched the BAPS mode. I guess they reveal that in Germany or just let it slip if they've hardly worked on it. Seems like they only work on the MM in the offline modes, and if there will be a new offline mode too, then I can't see them having much time over for BAPS really.

Maybe this has been posted, it's from Eurogamer: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/fifa-10-july-hands-on

[*]Kit editing ("now that we know how important the kit editing screen was, based on the amount of complaints we've received for not having it, we've made a new one")
[/LIST]
(I'm presuming "kit editing" means mixing and matching areas of the kits? So you don't get teams with the same colour shorts/socks etc., or am I missing something? Great addition if I'm getting that right!)

Sounds like he's talking about kit number editing, hope I'm wrong though......

Hmmmm.. is it me or are Xavi's arms disproportionate to the rest of his body in this screen? This was the same in 09, and was clear from some of the celebrations when players thrust their arms in the air. Am I the only one who doesn't like the player models in FIFA? They just don't look 'right'.

ss_preview_fifafofum10_X360_Gameplay_003.jpg.jpg

I don't think it is Editing Kit Numbers, because Editing Kit Numbers and Kit Editing are two separate points in the list....

Perhaps the guy putting the list together (bear in mind he's a forum user and not an EA official) took it to mean the same thing I did.

shame it's always the same stuff in every interview, just different sources

i just want some game play footage please, oh and some online info, what custom options are available ( is the new fk system going to be implemented) and bap mode, can you actually set it to only allow 2 people to join you and your mate for 2v2 or is it going to fill up with random idiots who end up filling the lobby before people have clicked ready

and online clubs, any changes to that, is the game going to play at a footballing pace or is it going to be on the fast speed setting which i think it was on fifa 09

anyone know if fifa 10 is going to be one speed setting?

After reading articles on both games (PES2010 & Fifa10) i'm way more excited for Fifa10. It seems PES is still in catch-up mode. The entire WENB article is full of Fifa09/10 references and it even finishes with:

The good news is, even at this early stage, its miles ahead of PES 2009, with FIFA in its sights.

And taking the obvious PES/Konami slant that they have into context, to be honest, their PES2010 article got me hyped for Fifa10 even more. Every sentence is concluded in "just like Fifa" or "similar to Fifa". Ofcourse it'll be nice to have two quality footy games this winter but i can see Fifa10 edging out in playtime mainly due to 360 dribbling and all the minor tweaks that are building into a fine game.

The tweaks to the shooting and passing alone in Fifa10 will make it 10 times the game 09 was. Then you have to factor the new trapping in conjunction with the new LB/L1 dribble that allows you to switch feet and balance.

I'm getting good vibes about Fifa10. It seems EA are where konami were with PES4 to PES5. Refining the game into oblivion, and i can't wait for it.

After reading articles on both games (PES2010 & Fifa10) i'm way more excited for Fifa10. It seems PES is still in catch-up mode. The entire WENB article is full of Fifa09/10 references and it even finishes with:

And taking the obvious PES/Konami slant that they have into context, to be honest, their PES2010 article got me hyped for Fifa10 even more. Every sentence is concluded in "just like Fifa" or "similar to Fifa". Ofcourse it'll be nice to have two quality footy games this winter but i can see Fifa10 edging out in playtime mainly due to 360 dribbling and all the minor tweaks that are building into a fine game.

The tweaks to the shooting and passing alone in Fifa10 will make it 10 times the game 09 was. Then you have to factor the new trapping in conjunction with the new LB/L1 dribble that allows you to switch feet and balance.

I'm getting good vibes about Fifa10. It seems EA are where konami were with PES4 to PES5. Refining the game into oblivion, and i can't wait for it.

Spot on mate.

Number of times FIFA is mentioned in the WENB article: 8
Number of times PES is mentioned in the FSB artickle: Once

Clear enough? LOL! xD

That list I posted earlier with the 20 MM updates has been updated to include 6 more, just posting it here for the benefit of Placebo/Nick Cave (well he'll never be happy so just for Placebo I suppose - pot calling kettle black I know :P)...

• Improved atmosphere in matches with rivals and more 'frantic' celebrations
  • Ability to view opponents starting 11 pre-match
  • Ability to shortlist up to 20 players
    [*]Computer generated player names will be regionalized, "no more Scott McFadden from Brazil"
  • Kit editing ("now that we know how important the kit editing screen was, based on the amount of complaints we've received for not having it, we've made a new one")
  • Additional commentary (including "transfer speech, player form speech, board confidence comments and much more")

This one annoyed me so much and Chris I hope you are right about the last one.
It's one thing they used to have on PES but I've never truly understood why they took it off.

Last edited:
This one annoyed me so much and Chris I hope you are right about the last one.
It's one thing they used to have on PES but I've truly understood why they took it off.

Yeah but they have to keep in mind that a lot of countries have high amount of immigrants. So just using classic native names would be stupid, hopefully they still mix it up a little.

That is the exact same thing I said to Bitter Rivals when I saw this video. Guy looks like he hasnt had a wash or sleep in a long time. Let's hope all this hard work and lack of basic hygeine pays off and FIFA 10 is worth it :D
Talking of smelly,who's the smelly freak in your av?;)

Back
Top Bottom