FIFA 10

nets are all part of the realistic approach FIFA are aiming for just like having a visible ref/ lino or authentic commentary, crowd noises, animated crowds etc. It just adds to the feeling of real football.

certainly not the most important thing but necerssary given what they are trying to acheive and what people want to see.

Has anything been said about cutscenes and the fact that there shouldn't be any black screens during them (well it's not as if there a lot of cutscenes on FIFA in the first place)?
Everything should happen during the game, imagine you conceed a FK and instead of having a black screen and then everyone back it would take a few seconds for the players to organize themselves.The same thing could be applied to CKs, PKs, for yellow/red cards and even for throw ins with the presence of ball boys retrieving the ball for you
It would add a lot to the realism

From FIFA forums:

xabipesfifa.jpg

Neither body shapes are very good but PES faces piss all over FIFA IMO going by this comparison

This picture just shows how ridiculous it is to not have untucked shirts.

Has anything been said about cutscenes and the fact that there shouldn't be any black screens during them (well it's not as if there a lot of cutscenes on FIFA in the first place)?
Everything should happen during the game, imagine you conceed a FK and instead of having a black screen and then everyone back it would take a few seconds for the players to organize themselves.The same thing could be applied to CKs, PKs, for yellow/red cards and even for throw ins with the presence of ball boys retrieving the ball for you

This is how it was done in ISS98/etc for the N64. It was pure awesome. As the referee potentially booked someone, on the wide cam you could also see the freekick taker running to pickup the ball, running back to the FK spot, placing the ball, and backing up to take the FK stance.

For throwins I seem to recall that if the ball was in close proximity, the player would run and pick up the ball, If it was kicked out farther the player would have a ball thrown to him from off-screen.

It makes it so much more organic, and if it is done right it doesn't really become boring or such.

This picture just shows how ridiculous it is to not have untucked shirts.

OFF TOPIC:

For me its not just the fact they are tucked in, Its the fact that they are so PERFECTLY tucked in and every shirt is the same..

ohh ohh PES !! what a lie people keep beleives in it :) i cant stand this anymore !! GO PLAY SOME FIFA AND FeeL The real SOCCER taste :) i think Xavi Pic up there the same Xavi in PES6 but in HD and with a flat wide stomic loooool

Good question?

Be nice to hear some more about MM, they said there will be 50 major improvements, so far we only know about 5 or 6 of those, so lots more to hear.

More leagues, gameplay similar to the PES, the mode close to the leadership of FIFA Manager, extracts from the locker room before the match, with the warm-up, etc.

didnt some playtesters from that event at arsenal confirm the black screens are removed. Did I read that or was it from a dream I had?

According to some other "sites" Wednesday 09:00 is the date for the embargo lifting so I expect a great deal of info(some new fingers crossed) and hopefully some more MM news, though I'm not sure we are going to see any major changes or improvements other than what we have seen...

According to some other "sites" Wednesday 09:00 is the date for the embargo lifting so I expect a great deal of info(some new fingers crossed) and hopefully some more MM news, though I'm not sure we are going to see any major changes or improvements other than what we have seen...

http://www.eafootballworld.com/en_GB/news/FIFA10_Announcement_en_GB

FIFA 10 also features a deeper iteration of the ever-popular Manager Mode with more than 50 major improvements, including new match realism, realistic player transfers based on multiple decision points, and true-to-life player growth curves.

So far we've only heard about 5 or 6?

Yeah but I get the feeling 40 odd will be tiny things like a new screen or an improved statistic structure, stuff you will barely notice.
I'm praying I'm wrong... :PIRATE:

Well they said major improvements and give three examples of things which are fairly significant improvements, I highly doubt even the most rabid EA PR chap would have the balls to include something small like a new screen or something, but either way, there should be at least a dozen more significant "major improvements" to learn about.

That date/time is correct from what I know. The latest NDAs will allow people to talk about their time with the game freely, and also there will be the announcement of the "extra special feature" (or words to that effect) David Rutter teased everybody with on his Twitter a month or so ago.

didnt some playtesters from that event at arsenal confirm the black screens are removed. Did I read that or was it from a dream I had?

I thought so too at some too but since it was something nobody was talking about I also thought I made everything up in my mind.

I thought so too at some too but since it was something nobody was talking about I also thought I made everything up in my mind.

I am pretty certain that david Rutter stated that there were no more cut scenes and that he wanted a continual focus on the game rather than have any breaks via cut scenes.

Well then they need to do a lot of work sorting out the AI if they're going to do something with single player instead of multiplayer - playing against the AI in 08 and 09 has been fucking boring!

Well then they need to do a lot of work sorting out the AI if they're going to do something with single player instead of multiplayer - playing against the AI in 08 and 09 has been fucking boring!
:OOOH:

I totally agree though.

:((I want real time pitch deterioration plus kits getting Dead Diiiirty!But i am just a humble consumer that EA does'nt give a monkies fuck what i want.:BORED:

:((I want real time pitch deterioration plus kits getting Dead Diiiirty!But i am just a humble consumer that EA does'nt give a monkies fuck what i want.:BORED:

Wasn't all this stuff already in the game in the past? I don't even know why I got my PS3 at times.

Back
Top Bottom