FIFA 10

I can't believe no ones mentioned the closing down, constant pressure. Its the main reason IMO the game feels unrealistic. Make the pitch bigger (which they are) and remove assisted so were left with Semi as Default and Manual. PES is actually Semi from what i've found IMO with the direction rather than the power.

I can't believe no ones mentioned the closing down, constant pressure. Its the main reason IMO the game feels unrealistic. Make the pitch bigger (which they are) and remove assisted so were left with Semi as Default and Manual. PES is actually Semi from what i've found IMO with the direction rather than the power.

Aye. I've gone all the way back to PES5 to get a decent football game recently.

PES on the psp is pretty good
You're joking aren't you? It's horrible, I've been playing it for the past few nights and the scripting, plus the reaction times when you have a defender anywhere near you, are awful.

Saying that it's probably better than FIFA on PSP which is way too easy but there hasn't been a single football game on PSP or DS that I've enjoyed yet...

In-fact the last handheld football game I enjoyed was O'Leary Manager 2000...

The problem with FIFA is the game is not deep enough. Get over the initial gloss of graphics and fantastic animation and your left with a very repetative experience, whic is why I have so far got turned off about 2/3 months into every new title.

We need tons of variety to keep us coming back for more, where as I know when I go through on goal, hold Rb, and he'll just side foot it home.

Goal scoring is a pretty souless affair, whereas PES used to have me out of my seat (pre 09,08 & 07).

I sympathise with MM lovers because thats the major part of the game for them but I feel there is so much to sort out in the gameplay department before they can refine the overall package, because its seriously lacking in so many area's.

Don't get me wrong, i take my hat off to them for listening and trying to implement all the changes we want but i am worried that they think its now the ultimate simulation.................its way off IMO at the moment and I just pray that we do see a jump in the freedom and weight perception in the new game with alot more variety to goals and gameplay.

I can live with the other niggles if I get a real kick out of playing, at the moment the niggles become a bigger problem because the gameplay is not that enjoyable.

Football is all about, surprises, mistakes, variation, passion, excitement and whole host of other things. Until they can replicate this properly, knowing that I made the mistake or my great strike screamed past the keeper, rather than scripting and gaping AI issues, then it may well continue to dissapoint. I just hope we see year on year improvements to try and get there.

I'm a bit worried that FIFA thinks it is the new king and now they can just add and remove until the next generation. Impossible at the moment to judge on the two teasers but it looks good and there is a hint of an effort to address and improve.

Fingers crossed:))

But shit at making NHL games.

not true at all, ea nhl 09 is the most overated sports game in history, 2k makes a decent hockey game, its more like old school pro evo with some major flaws, The goals are varied and the players feel different due to stats, both things 09 lacks. This year i beleive 2k10 is being produced by the same devs as nba... so look out

Yup. i remember playing NFL games made by these lot on my dreamcast. it was soo good that i actualy took a slight interest in the sport itself. Thats how good their NFL games where!

2k sports know what their doing and i bet they could do a better job than EA or konami if they focused heavily on a footy sim.

Out of interest, as someone bored of FIFA 09 (I feel like others are in this boat) have any of you gone and tried PES2009? I was thinking of grabbing it on the cheap - maybe even on PC to patch, just as a stop gap...

Not sure if it's been mentioned but can we please get rid of the damn traffic noise on 10 that's on 09 menus etc, I can't stand the bloody stuff, there is no way to get rid and one of them is so loud it rattles the windows...

I agree. EA could do the perfect football simulation in a year if they wanted, easy, but they don't do it because they want to add a little and remove features to sell new copies every year.

:LOL: what makes you soo confident they can? they are a looooooong way on making the perfect footy sim imo.

i think many will be owned once gameplay impressions drop.

just a brief look at the touches they're adding shows the game has been given much more variety in it's gameplay, meaning more ways to build up play and score.

Out of interest, as someone bored of FIFA 09 (I feel like others are in this boat) have any of you gone and tried PES2009? I was thinking of grabbing it on the cheap - maybe even on PC to patch, just as a stop gap...
I did. See THIS THREAD. After a promising start I grew to hate it like before - see my final thoughts HERE - but guys like Jamezinho are enjoying it.

Last edited:

Actually YG, they have made the players 10% smaller. The pitches are the same size. This is according to Suff from FSB.

It's true about the traffic noise in the arena. Took a while for me to figure it out, I was all like what's up with the fucking traffic outside. I thought it was just around the corner because I couldn't see any cars.

Why complain about being bored when you play on assisted or semi? Of course your experience would be limited bcos even if u shoot with the analog stick pointing away from goal the ball will be forced back towards the frame of the goal post. Its almost impossible to shoot off target from inside the box.

Its like gaming for retards, no offence to anyone but it is what it is. I can understand there being assisted controls but its way too heavy. Too must assistance that gives you a limited structured experience.

No "hardcore" fifa player should even touch assisted controls, even the weight of pass and thru balls are adjusted for you. You guys really do not want a simulation because simulation are not too much fun and thats why you use assisted controls to guarantee you score a million goals and feel great and there is nothing wrong with that because thats what games are for.

EA will react to the behaviours of its customers, you will never get a true simulation if the game is being tweaked for assisted controls. Like every shot has to travel towards the opposite half even on manual, you can not shot towards your own goal. It has to be that way so assisted players do not freak out when they fail to score.

On assisted with an header if you press X(A) to pass it into goal it will go away from goal, why? because the CPU is told an assisted pass has to go towards another player so the user feels like a couch Fabregas. But I score headers with X(A) on manual all day.

Sometimes I use the shot button when I need a powerful header and pass for downward headers.

This whole fifa assisted/manual/simulation issue always takes me back to Call Of Duty, assisted sells and COD has proven it. Its easier to create a fun game when you make the CPU guard the gamer.

EA can't make a TRUE simulation because it will cost too much money and time and it won't sell that much. Plus can you actually have a football simulation with the current control schemes?

EA didn't just include manual controls just because they had nothing else to do, I see it as a market tester to see what direction they should take.

I see no point whining about a simulation if you are using assisted even offline because with PSN and XBL EA can still track what your preferences when you are playing offline modes.

Only a challenging sports game will keep you coming back, look at PES the CPU even has to take the ball away from goal just to make it seem challenging. But thats even worse do not punish the gamer but with manual you know its all on you thats why you miss the goal.

anyhoo...Got the Platinum Trophy on Fifa09

fake shoot and GK reaction but it looks like Fifa 09 :(

no good PES = no big step forward in fifa game :/

To be honest I can see that "stumble and then readjust and save" happening just as often as the amazing saves that keepers pull off in 09. Really, the keepers in 09 were already pulling off some rather ridiculous saves online and I don't see the need to make them smarter. Sure more variety in the saves is great but if a guy like Benzema fakes the keeper and makes him stumble, I had BETTER be able to run around him instead of having to try and shoot past him and having him just dive over and save the shot.

Back
Top Bottom