FIFA 10

dunno why everyone is getting so down..

the trailer is a snippet and you can tell the gameplay aspect is what they focussed on this year. lots of little touches added everywhere. i can't wait.

konami's total revamp is going to leave massive holes that will be filled with subsequent incremental updates. manager mode looks better imo. sure they haven't revamped it but they say they didn't have the time to do it and i believe 'em.

360 movement will be huge. (check the leaked footage). being able to put defenders on their wrong foot and backfoot is huge. new ways to trap the ball is huge too and just makes more use of the "ball control" stat.

i'm more hyped for PES's graphics and Fifa's gameplay this year... which is strange cause it's normally the reverse.

They made a statement saying the same thing when 09 came out and that they would concentrate on MM for 10. That's why most people are pissed that they clearly have not done that, again...

I dont know if this real or not but here is some leaked gameplay of FIFA 10 on PS3 and 360. It was recorded on a phone at the recent Polish press event:

YouTube - fifa 10 gameplay leaked.

From what I can see the crowds react far better. Cant really make out the 360 degree dribbling though. Make of it what you will. Your welcome. :)
Adboards say 09 on some of these so called fifa10 leaks.Why do s these bellends do it?

Didn't some of EA's official Fifa10 screenshots have 09 adboards?
Good point mate,but did'nt one of them have the same old commentary? I know all that shit andy gray says by heart now,and it's been done so many times before but if i'm wrong the i'll hold my hand up to it.:CONFUSE:

Am I the only one that couldnt give 2 hoots about MM.

For EA to do MM properly they would need to bring it out as a game in its own right, even then you lot wouldnt be happy ;)

Personally I would be more than happy for them to ignore it and concentrate their development efforts on gameplay.

I guess EA are stuck between offering new game modes and improving the existing ones. I think if they manage to improve most modes then fair do's to them.

I play clubs 80% of the time, it aint perfect by a long shot, but it is the most enjoyable experience playing a football game online I have had.

I imagine MM is the same for you guys that love it, but get annoyed with the silly things that happen.

Well, the bottom one was made by a guy on the EA forums to show how easy it is to create a fake video that people will belive in.

It is FIFA 09 on fast speed and zoomed in.. (and if I remeber correctly he did speed it up in an editing program as well..)

Am I the only one that couldnt give 2 hoots about MM.

For EA to do MM properly they would need to bring it out as a game in its own right, even then you lot wouldnt be happy ;)

Personally I would be more than happy for them to ignore it and concentrate their development efforts on gameplay.

I guess EA are stuck between offering new game modes and improving the existing ones. I think if they manage to improve most modes then fair do's to them.

I play clubs 80% of the time, it aint perfect by a long shot, but it is the most enjoyable experience playing a football game online I have had.

I imagine MM is the same for you guys that love it, but get annoyed with the silly things that happen.

for once i agree with this youngling above;):APPLAUD:

Adboards say 09 on some of these so called fifa10 leaks.Why do s these bellends do it?

That video is definitely FIFA10. The way the player dribbles the ball looks completely different from anything in FIFA09. The animations are different, the player is slower in moving his feet to change the direction of the ball.

The dribbling video where the player runs around and around looks to be FIFA10, because FIFA09 is quite easy to spot since you only have 45 degree angles when dribbling that slow. Also some of the turn-animations looks new and tweaked.

Well, the bottom one was made by a guy on the EA forums to show how easy it is to create a fake video that people will belive in.

It is FIFA 09 on fast speed and zoomed in.. (and if I remeber correctly he did speed it up in an editing program as well..)

That video is definitely FIFA10. The way the player dribbles the ball looks completely different from anything in FIFA09. The animations are different, the player is slower in moving his feet to change the direction of the ball.

The dribbling video where the player runs around and around looks to be FIFA10, because FIFA09 is quite easy to spot since you only have 45 degree angles when dribbling that slow. Also some of the turn-animations looks new and tweaked.

;)

definately not going to tear that whole post apart and reply to it, just to say i know my fair share about the gaming industry and some fucking highlighted graphics in a for the game itself absolutely unimportant sub-section surely don't need any big processing, approving or hours of brain storming on how to f-ing achieve them to show up properly.

it's just the annoying EA lazyness i've gotten used to since what? their lazy effords on releasing a "new" game for the fifa world cup qualifiers 98 and the tournament itself?

all of this is just to keep the people to stick with their games, keep on believing and keep on buying. give them 1 new feature, but take 2 old ones away. so you can "reinvent" them with your next installement. to me this is just pure money making and compared to studios that actually put the emphasis on QUALITY and making the most of their game just an absolut disgrace.

and yeah, i probably could write the same about konami, but that's a whole different story.

definately not going to tear that whole post apart and reply to it, just to say i know my fair share about the gaming industry and some fucking highlighted graphics in a for the game itself absolutely unimportant sub-section surely don't need any big processing, approving or hours of brain storming on how to f-ing achieve them to show up properly.

it's just the annoying EA lazyness i've gotten used to since what? their lazy effords on releasing a "new" game for the fifa world cup qualifiers 98 and the tournament itself?

all of this is just to keep the people to stick with their games, keep on believing and keep on buying. give them 1 new feature, but take 2 old ones away. so you can "reinvent" them with your next installement. to me this is just pure money making and compared to studios that actually put the emphasis on QUALITY and making the most of their game just an absolut disgrace.

and yeah, i probably could write the same about konami, but that's a whole different story.
:APPLAUD:

Article on the evolution of FIFA from EDGE magazine: http://www.edge-online.com/magazine/fifa-10-championship-managers?page=0,0

Why do I hear so many game website applauding FIFA 09 for being such an amazing and complete title? They claim it's got more to do with the actual play on the pitch than it simply does with the game's commercial success but clearly they haven't heard about what's going to be missing nor have they seen the teaser vids of the game yet?

I'm not the only one that thinks that this game is more about fun, "highlight reel" caliber gameplay and less about playing tactical soccer right? It just annoys me when I see so many people drooling over 09 like it's fucking amazing.

If that first video is what they mean by 360 degree dribbling, I'll be very VERY disappointed. I was under the impression 360 degree dribbling was where we could dribble at ANY ANGLE - in these videos it is clearly still only 8 or 16. How that differs from current dribbling I have no idea.

Losing faith with EA and fast. Hate to say I told you so, but FIFA 09's arcade success was always going to lead them down this path.

I think you're wrong, mate, and we're not talking about a "fucking highlighted graphic" because having to show promotion / relegation and european positions depends on many things in every country / region / continent. Define better what you would be able to do in an hour then. But by the time, I stick to my own personal experience developing multimedia applications for 14 years in big groups. Of course if you're going to go "dino Dini" making yourself the whole game you could do this in practically no time, but inside a production this big, I think you're totally wrong on how things work there.

I think you're wrong, mate, and we're not talking about a "fucking highlighted graphic" because having to show promotion / relegation and european positions depends on many things in every country / region / continent. Define better what you would be able to do in an hour then. But by the time, I stick to my own personal experience developing multimedia applications for 14 years in big groups. Of course if you're going to go "dino Dini" making yourself the whole game you could do this in practically no time, but inside a production this big, I think you're totally wrong on how things work there.

so if it takes a week or two for such a thing, i imagine doing untucked shirts would take a months to do given by how you think things are run on a day to day basis.

i dont know what company you have worked for but where i am, this sort of thing would take a day or two max to do including testing, designing,coding and graphical work.

If that first video is what they mean by 360 degree dribbling, I'll be very VERY disappointed. I was under the impression 360 degree dribbling was where we could dribble at ANY ANGLE - in these videos it is clearly still only 8 or 16. How that differs from current dribbling I have no idea.

Losing faith with EA and fast. Hate to say I told you so, but FIFA 09's arcade success was always going to lead them down this path.

blame konami. EA have no reason to innovate there game engine.

I agree. EA could do the perfect football simulation in a year if they wanted, easy, but they don't do it because they want to add a little and remove features to sell new copies every year.

Article on the evolution of FIFA from EDGE magazine: [url]http://www.edge-online.com/magazine/fifa-10-championship-managers?page=0,0[/URL]

Why do I hear so many game website applauding FIFA 09 for being such an amazing and complete title? They claim it's got more to do with the actual play on the pitch than it simply does with the game's commercial success but clearly they haven't heard about what's going to be missing nor have they seen the teaser vids of the game yet?

I'm not the only one that thinks that this game is more about fun, "highlight reel" caliber gameplay and less about playing tactical soccer right? It just annoys me when I see so many people drooling over 09 like it's fucking amazing.

Yep, same here. Fifa09 is a very good game, and the best on next-gen, but it's still got a long way to go. This game often gets called the best football simulation ever, but as you said it lacks the tactical substance that would make it a proper simulation. I feel like Fifa08 was more tactical and Fifa09 is a little more arcadey.

andish2001 said:

That's what happens when a game is wrongly hailed as the greatest football game ever when for many of us it is clearly not. We've seen this happen before. EA think PES is in their rear-view mirror so innovation will slow down.

so if it takes a week or two for such a thing, i imagine doing untucked shirts would take a months to do given by how you think things are run on a day to day basis.

i dont know what company you have worked for but where i am, this sort of thing would take a day or two max to do including testing, designing,coding and graphical work.
How many years and for which company did you learn your trade jonney?

Back
Top Bottom