FIFA 10

Placebo_obecalPhttp://bit.ly/3wTUQl #NBALive10 gets 60 bugs fixed in its new update, #Fifa10 gets 20, anyone else see something wrong with that picture????11:42 PM Oct 26th from web

ruttski
@Placebo_obecalP It's the size of the download, not the number of fixes, that determines what can or cannot be included in an update. HTH5:38 AM Nov 7th from web in reply to Placebo_obecalP

Placebo_obecalP @ruttski GOW3 had 5 title updates so far, obviously they didn't come up against the size issue so why can't #Fifa10 get more title updates?about 12 hours ago from web in reply to ruttski

ruttski@Placebo_obecalP GOW3 is a PS3 game isnt it? They wouldnt be able to do it on 360 I'm afraid.about 2 hours ago from mobile web

Placebo_obecalP@ruttski http://bit.ly/yuwsk "Gears of War 2 Title Update #5 available now" It's 360 exclusive so yes they would be able to.about 8 hours ago from web in reply to ruttski

ruttskiPlacebo_obecalP thought you meant god of war. they cant beat the firmware limit. its fact :(about 5 hours ago from mobile web

@Placebo_obecalP thought you meant god of war. regardless - they cant beat the hardware limit. its fact :( sorry.about 5 hours ago from mobile web

Placebo_obecalP@ruttski I don't follow? First it's no more than 2 title updates, then it's limited by size, they've shown 5 is possible?3 minutes ago from web in reply to ruttski

Good work Paul! I see you onto Rutter every now and again on Twitter, but good to get a timeline of events.

He's definitely full of shit and I just hope everyone remembers all of this when '11' is announced and people get invited to the Emirates for an EA love-in.

Bear in mind pboreham that at the Emirates we could only see gameplay - and with good reason, it's no wonder nobody was allowed to spend time with MM prior to release...

Placebo why don't you suggest to Rutter the MM fixes be done through free DLC, as MM is offline there would be no issues regarding multiplayer.

If Jeff McPherson can do it with commentary which is going to be a large update then what problem is there with a few database and code fixes?

There is no limit on DLC size so maybe use that angle on him.

online is really dull, soon as you get 2-0/3-0 ahead, people always quit, they should like add some sort of time out for people who quit then it would happen less frequent, its just to annoyin imo

online is really dull, soon as you get 2-0/3-0 ahead, people always quit, they should like add some sort of time out for people who quit then it would happen less frequent, its just to annoyin imo

I dont think I have had one quitter yet.

Then again I play only manual games online and they dont tend to be high scoring games.

Maybe you are playing the assisted kiddies?

@ Paul,

Good work. Is there any way to find the update list with file sizes? Just googled it but couldnt find anything. That way you can present the total mb of gamepatching that's happend so far. With a bit of luck we can find a number of games that shows a bigger "limit".

And if it's true it's pretty shortsighted from MS to only allow dllayer (9gb) games to have a max 30mb update.

No it seems impossible to find out the size of updates from the web, would be possible by connecting 360 HDD to the PC, I don't have GOW2 so there's no way I can check that sadly :(

I dont think I have had one quitter yet.

Then again I play only manual games online and they dont tend to be high scoring games.

Maybe you are playing the assisted kiddies?

yeah it seems we are getting less quitters on clubs now too, won quite a few games by 5 or more goals

yeah it seems we are getting less quitters on clubs now too, won quite a few games by 5 or more goals

Pity clubs is ruined this year with the blue haired giants and midget keepers. Clubs on 09 was great, but there is something missing this year but I cant put my finger on it.

been playing virtual season it has mostly been good. But is getting totally ruined by the fact that my last 6 games have all been in the pouring rain!!

Didn't think things like this would annoy me, but it is really fucking annoying now!!! especially as I am playing as Barca at the moment. I don't think Spain has had this much rain ever!!

Placebo could you ask the question which fucktard implemented the player switching and also defenders not able to mark strikers please? They need gassing.

i just love the goalkeeper.. they parry a ball that not going anywhere near the goal, to the center of the goal, and that's a gift to the opposition.fuck u GK, fuck u EA

I don't have any problem with the keepers (except being chipped all the time in legendary) Try the other game and you'll see what bad keepers are acting like.

well at least i'm experiencing it not matter what difficulty i played. it's not regularly, but it happen.

Yeah the goalies being chipped is just poor programming. From the look of their movement the speed at which they come out is based on a straight trajectory (green line). When really they should be running out based on a exagerated blue line. So they stay/slowly move off their line untill the striker gets to a certain distance and then they race out. Sadly pressing the triangle (to make them run back) seems to make the goalies go in to red line! :(

image57.gif

It's just another example of them not realising the basics........

been playing virtual season it has mostly been good. But is getting totally ruined by the fact that my last 6 games have all been in the pouring rain!!

Didn't think things like this would annoy me, but it is really fucking annoying now!!! especially as I am playing as Barca at the moment. I don't think Spain has had this much rain ever!!

The rain in Spain falls mostly in this game.

rutter is so full of shit, highly entertaining. at times he seems like ea's fucking marketing clown pretending to be a game designer.

I agree, and many times I've noticed that keepers don't rush out quickly enough and get caught way too far off their line. It's a combination of both, and the chip shot is far easier than the chip in PES where the chip has to be timed perfectly or else it goes over the bar and you look stupid for wasting the opportunity.

For those who haven't bought it, Modern Warfare 2 today was patched on PS3 for the third time in as many days. You can argue that FIFA and MW2 are very different beasts, seeing as MW2 has far fewer modes and the issues were chiefly with online which after 5-6 hours is all you're playing. Also, I wasn't watching the size of the patches - I just switched over to TV while it went about it's business - and you can look at 3 patches in 3 days as them not getting it right first time. However they have obviously not taken a number of days to clear, which is the key point.

Last edited:
Defending, loose marking and inertia

Re: my moan on page 317 about defensive AI, I've knocked up a quick description and video clip to demonstrate what is spoiling my fun at the moment.

Youtube clip (click the title to go to the bigger version):

YouTube - Defensive AI in FIFA10

Webpage link with an explanation channeling a combination of Andy Gray and Alan Hansen:

CLICK HERE

Will post these on the EA forums in the vague hope it might get read by EA. No doubt I'll just get abused by a bunch of assisted kiddies saying I suck, but hey ho.

ahansen.jpg

Re: Defending, loose marking and inertia

Re: my moan on page 317 about defensive AI, I've knocked up a quick description and video clip to demonstrate what is spoiling my fun at the moment.

When I played the demo on first days I posted in these forums what my feelings were about the game and I said many times that the following were totally ruining the game:

- Marking inside the area was terrible
- Constant pressure of the cpu
- Constant counter-attacking by both teams because of terrible positional play in midfield. Players hardly track back when playing a long possession, so when you cross or shoot your midfielders are gone and there's a hole in the midfield where the opposing striker is, of course, unmarked to receive everytime.
- Double pression is too powerful and strength is overdone in the game, making skilled players that are not uberfast useless.

This didn't change at all in the final game and to this moment are the things that make this game be a 7.5 in my oppinion, when it could have easily been a 9.5 if they fixed this things.

So, I'm with you and finally I've started to be annoyed all the time when playing it.

I'm genuinely concerned about how little I'm playing the game now. Even though I think it's a better game than FIFA 09, I'm just not touching it - not because the other games that have been released are supercalifragilisticexpialidocious, but because... Well, if I start Manager Mode and want to move to another club, no matter what I do, they will be millions in debt. Whether it's Arsenal or Accrington Stanley. The fear of that kind of thing is enough to put me off pouring serious time into it.

That defensive video is an excellent example of what will help EA tweak the game - I think endless people on the EA forums saying that whatever part of the game they're complaining about is "shit lol" doesn't help, and even people explaining what the problem is (especially when it goes into pages of detail) doesn't help because the guys making the game will skim-read it and dismiss a lot of it I'm sure. But by putting in a YouTube video like that, it takes you ten seconds to go "oh wow, actually, that's quite bad".

So in short, MAKE SOME MORE NERF! ;)

Back
Top Bottom