FIFA 10

Adjusting the ps3 display settings to 1080 instead of 720 is supposed to make the game look better (even though the fifabox says 720). WIll give it a go.......when Ive finished Uncharted.

Brunnoce would be a good reference as he has both and says the PS3 version looks much worse.

I have both versions and its really night and day, i evan notice some gameplay diferences, the ps3 game is definatly slower, like if the 360 slow speed setting was the normal setting on the ps3... The gfx look a lot sharper on the 360 on far cameras(not much diference on close ups) seems the LOD of the 360 version is better configed... A good exemple is if u play with Atletico Madrid: on the ps3 their kit is almost all blurried on the tele camera, while on the 360 u can see all the stripes pretty clear.

Thats at least what happens on my tv with both consoloes connected through hdmi at 720p.

edit: about the fix i think this might only work for people with a full HD TV , wich isnt my case, but i doubt that will change the LOD, it will only make the resolution better, specially for big tvs.

Last edited:
I have both versions and its really night and day, i evan notice some gameplay diferences, the ps3 game is definatly slower, like if the 360 slow speed setting was the normal setting on the ps3... The gfx look a lot sharper on the 360 on far cameras(not much diference on close ups) seems the LOD of the 360 version is better configed... A good exemple is if u play with Atletico Madrid: on the ps3 their kit is almost all blurried on the tele camera, while on the 360 u can see all the stripes pretty clear.

Thats at least what happens on my tv with both consoloes connected through hdmi at 720p.

edit: about the fix i think this might only work for people with a full HD TV , wich isnt my case, but i doubt that will change the LOD, it will only make the resolution better, specially for big tvs.

Try the new settings suggestion for the ps3 and see if it makes a difference. As you have both you are the perfect man to tell if it works.

Try the new settings suggestion for the ps3 and see if it makes a difference. As you have both you are the perfect man to tell if it works.

check the EDIT on my post...
my tv doesnt have 1080p(not full hd) im sure it will look better on 1080p, since its a higher resolution, but i highly doubt it will make any diference on the LOD(level of detail) settings of the game, and thats where i think the 360 version is better configured. U can notice that evan on the edit player mode, the kits look a lot more blurried on the ps3 :(
Thats unfortunate since i really rather the ps3 controler.

check the EDIT on my post...
my tv doesnt have 1080p(not full hd) im sure it will look better on 1080p, since its a higher resolution, but i highly doubt it will make any diference on the LOD(level of detail) settings of the game, and thats where i think the 360 version is better configured. U can notice that evan on the edit player mode, the kits look a lot more blurried on the ps3 :(
Thats unfortunate since i really rather the ps3 controler.

It wont.

The game is 720p optimised so setting your ps3 to 720 even if you have a 1080p will get the best result.

720 when the TV is set on 1080 will only stretch the 720 image to fit 1080, which is termed 1080i and not a true 1080p image.

Sorry for the waffle but thought i'd let you know.

Create your own set pieces. It works (not all the time)

This is so very true. I have two distinct set pieces set up for the corner areas. One is a pass I play behind the wall on the ground with 3 guys crashing the 6 yard box for the pass across. It works every time in online.

The other, and this is most important... I call it "Crash 3" (3 crashing the 6 yard box from near, mid and far post) as I whip in a cross from the right with power and typically I can get a powerful bullet header on goal that bounces off the ground in front of the keeper and into the roof of the net.

I wish I could upload videos because using the Custom Set Pieces can really work some wonders with the heading.

It wont.

The game is 720p optimised so setting your ps3 to 720 even if you have a 1080p will get the best result.

720 when the TV is set on 1080 will only stretch the 720 image to fit 1080, which is termed 1080i and not a true 1080p image.

Sorry for the waffle but thought i'd let you know.

NACK that is what I though too but my TV is registering 1080p input not 1080i, I assume it's forcing a up scale somehow. I still can't figure it :CONFUSE:...

Im enjoying the game and Not enjoying it at the same time...I mean with custom tactic edited, its feel better but still, The game is all about Tackling, I dont see any point of doing some tactic change cause I just dont see the players differences, the individualitys...theres too many standin tackles its ridiculous...

NACK that is what I though too but my TV is registering 1080p input not 1080i, I assume it's forcing a up scale somehow. I still can't figure it :CONFUSE:...

Either your TV or PS3\XBOX can scale.

If you for example Set your PS3 to 720p max output and your TV is capable of 1080 rez then the tv will scale to 1080i instead of the PS3.

If however you set the PS3 to 1080p max output, the PS3 will do the scaling.

You have to do it both ways to see which is better at scaling, your TV or the PS3. (Applies the same for the XBOX)

As nearly every game is 720p anyway, it will always be a 1080i upscale so it wont look totally sharp.

You're actually best having a 720p native TV anyway as it will look sharper because of the 1 to 1 pixel mapping, and when more and more 1080p games become available that's when 1080p ready tv's will come into their own.

Wipeout HD is a 1080p game so you can always compare to your regular games to see the difference.

Last edited:
Has anybody else had trouble downloading their club members gamefaces? Ive tried countless times but it always freezes on the download process. The most its ever reached is 50%. Its really getting on my friggin nerves now.
Youngun, Tobi, have you managed it yet?

I tried a few times at launch but it never completes the download.

Has anybody else had trouble downloading their club members gamefaces? Ive tried countless times but it always freezes on the download process. The most its ever reached is 50%. Its really getting on my friggin nerves now.
Youngun, Tobi, have you managed it yet?

Tried yesterday and it didn't work. It has worked before that though since the US launch. The servers were being weird last night too though so maybe that played a part.

Anyone have any success with making set pieces? I would like to win more headers from corners - take advantrage of tall strikers and have my CBs run in.

It's pretty time consuming you know. I made a couple. I haven't scored from them, they work if you can get the timing right and aim. The one I want to do is the corner set play United like to do for Scholes so he can hit from the top of the 18. Don't know how to get the runs so they can create the space for a play like that.

I don't even know where to download them.

Pro Club Chapioship >Dowload Club Gamefaces.
I think it's the last option at the bottom.

Also, this a question to you guys that said long range shots are now not possible what type of distance are you talking about? Because from 18-25 yds. they are very possible. In a week I've scored like 5 or so.

ive scored loads from outside the box too, my long shot accuracy is 96 atm

Damn! I even think the long shooting is a tad too frequent. Maybe it's because I've only had the game for a week so maybe it's a coincidence of some sort. What do you all think?

it depends mate, when i play online 90% of the players i play against try to score from cutbacks, I will shoot from anywhere lol

it depends mate, when i play online 90% of the players i play against try to score from cutbacks, I will shoot from anywhere lol

Yeah Online just yesterday in one game I scored to from outside the box. With Fletcher and Anderson of of all people!!!:SHOCK: That's why I don't understand how some can say that the new patch made it more difficult.

For example Chris said in the new podcast the other day that PES had a bunch of long range goals well from my first week with the game I don't see how FIFA is any different considering how shit the keepers are for both games.

I use manual shooting which I find easier for shooting from distance, I hate the shooting in pes, it drives me mad

yeah i know what ya mean mate, it pisses me off when the ball is rolling wide and the keeper dives for no reason and gives a corner away

guys im having a hard time enjoying this game right now...the tacklin accuracy just kill me right now...plus the fact that the cpu at world class level score the same they find a way to break away one versus one and my keeper save the shot and they they score from the rebound...ive never experienced a good build up goal from the cpu yet...

What annoys me is how perfect live season is. You have the form working perfectly as well as injuries. You can actually feel your team playing well with form and cause it's based off of real life you can't moan if it goes down for the next game. With injuries it's the same. Based on real life so you're without a few members of your squad (not just one for 1 day/week). EA have a gem of a game hidden somewhere in all this fuss, i swear.

The annoying thing with Live Season is how it works in online ranked games... Everyone uses the form team of the week, who have super fast and strong players with every one of them seemingly having a bullet of a shot...

Another stupid thing with online games - you get Liverpool "fans" using Man United, you get AC Milan "fans" using Inter etc. That would be like me using Leicester City, I wouldn't do it!!!

Back
Top Bottom