FIFA 10

i can,t believe i lose to everton 10-1 and arsenal 7-1 in legend i never lose like this in fifa 09 yaaaaaah fifa 10 is gerat game ever see

Played a whole bunch of games today.
I think my sweet spot with Fifa is
- World class difficulty,
- fast
- all semi except through ball, which are manual.

Is there anyway that I can stop my keeper from rushing out.
Also this game has a PES2009 glitch whereby you are marking a player with your last defender and the CPU gives him a yard space when the ball is passed to him.
Another thing, why is my SBs hell bent on playing the opposition onside?
Any tips?

Try changing them to wing-backs with high attack/low defensive mentality, with a forward attacking arrow. That should keep them high enough up the pitch.

OK, I've had this game since release day and I haven't seen the "injured player" cut scenes once!?! What happened to them? They were in the demo!?! Furthermore, I've not even seen a player have to go off injured!?!

Has anyone seen them in 10???

Well after spending a lot of today playing PES 2010, I thought I'd give FIFA a game tonight. First game I really enjoyed and was thinking how good FIFA was.

Then I played my second game and it was everything that pisses me off with FIFA rolled into one game. CONSTANT pressure from the CPU, and the CPU scoring two goals by chipping the goalie (with one chip not even necessary as it went passed the side of the keeper anyway). The game also felt ridiculously fast even though it's on the slow speed.

If EA don't sort out this constant pressure from the AI then I'm not imagining I'll spend much time on FIFA as I just got fed up with it. I played a third game, consisting of ping-pong because everytime I passed the ball, I was being closed down so I passed it off again or tried to hold LT which ruined any hope of a nice move coming off.

Way too fast gameplay, shitty pressuring all the time, chipped goals too often and all three games felt the same even though they were different teams.

Essentially FIFA should be an awesome game, but the niggles make it so frustrating because they're things that EA really could fix in a patch but probably wont as they can "fix" them and claim it as an improvement for FIFA 11 :ROLL:

What does holding the Sprint button do when your goalie has caught/collected the ball and is holding it in his hands (like before he throws it or shoots it), he does this little animation which turns his back to you (if you're playing tele cam), can't really figure out what it's for or the purpose??

it´s just me or this game just don´t have movement from players without the ball??
i really don´t understand this...
how can i play with barça and don´t see players like xavi and iniesta moving around the field...?
messi is always stuck in the right wing...
this is so bad...
after a time you start to see that you are doing the same things over and over again, because the AI from your teammates is ridiculous and totally unrealistic...
this game make so many things right...
collision, dribling, passes, long balls, jostling, so many things...
but the AI from your teammates really kill the game to me...
players just move up and down and they do the same movement over and over without variation...
it´s totally unrealistic in my opinion...

Well when ive used united, Giggs and Nani switched wings during the games and when I was on the attack with Evra, fletcher slotted into his place when he was up field

Is the MM that bad? Haven't played it myself, but the general view is that it's full of glitches? Wasn't it supposed to be very in depth, without thousands of teams etc?

Is nobody else noticing that when playing the CPU on Legendary, you get NO time on the ball at all?

I'm playing as Las Palmas and the teams in this league seem to have proper tactics but every game I've played whenever I have the ball, I always have the CPU sprinting at me with at least one player, occasionally two.

Also noticing the CPU has this uncanny skill of managing to find so much space for it's players when it has the ball and I can only seem to get the ball back after they've had their shot, whereas when I get the ball the space is extremely limited (and that's if I've managed to hold off their sprinting players enough to get close to creating a chance).

This pressure issue is pissing me right off and I considering just jacking in FIFA because of it to be honest. If EA fixed it, then great. But they wont and I can't be arsed not being able to have more than a second on the ball before a defender is on my back.

Edit: Changed the level to Pro and it's a LOT better with regards to pressure and the CPU sprinting at you, you get a lot more time on the ball. Of course this is balanced by the CPU not shooting as much as it should on Pro.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is nobody else noticing that when playing the CPU on Legendary, you get NO time on the ball at all?

Edit: Changed the level to Pro and it's a LOT better with regards to pressure and the CPU sprinting at you, you get a lot more time on the ball. Of course this is balanced by the CPU not shooting as much as it should on Pro.
There is exactly the same problem with PES. Maybe I'm doing it wrong, but in order to get the ball you need to don't press at all. If you press the CPU will do perfect quick passes all the time. If you want to play real football and appreciate the tactics it's almost impossible to enjoy higher difficulties.
I win but I don't like the way I'm winning on both games.

The only solution to pressure problems i edit all the teams, play full manual in PROFESSIONAL level with slow speed and don't exploit speed, just be creative. I think it's the only way the game pays off in terms of offline single player.

Online with the right people is immense. 2 vs 2 full manual is a blast. Can't stop enjoying it.

Yep, I think I'm definately getting more fed up with FIFA the more I play it :( The CPU always seems to pack the centre of defence with 8 players or whatever, forcing you to go down the wings where you cross the ball and have to attempt to win a header with the shitty header system that invariably means you have very little chance of winning anything from.

I'm disappointed because I really thought FIFA 10 was finally the football game I wanted and the more I play it, the more the flaws and nonsense are getting to me.

Yes, feel the same. I think most of us are a little bit dazzled (is that the right word?) by the great look of the game. The fantastic animations, the beautiful physical aspect of the game, just the feel of the game at first.

But under the surface there is a lot work to do for EA. The Gameplay (witch includes the AI) needs a lot of improvements if it should end as an Simulation-Style-Game.

It is still a good game and as we all now, against mates it is brilliant.

I woke up at 4am this morning and couldn't get to sleep. So I just played Fifa.

Its the first time I just sat down and played it for about 6 hours straight!

Started playing online and couldn't find any manual games. So I just did a quick ranked match. I changed from all manual to putting shooting and passing to semi. I had a great time, I won about 90% of my games. So much fun beating the assisted Mofos!!

I also bought the live seasons which I said I would never do. But I really enjoyed that to, playing all the games that have been played this season and seeing if I can do any better. You play with the starting 11 that played and with the same bench, then see how you can do. Just something different and enjoyable while the MM is not working properly.

I also played in the Evo web league I drew all my games - most of them 0-0, but they were so much fun. Not boring at all.

Anyway just thought I would tell you, I am really enjoying Fifa at the moment, mainly online which I feel it excels if you play manual semi - manual players.

I would love to have the same fun online. But i can't stand all of these f****** pressure maniacs at all. I hate it so much. Every time i play online i get forced to play ping pong style. Online, that kills the game for me. I want to play football. No compromises here. For me it is not about winning at all cost. For me it is about playing football. If i need to play ping pong style i can't enjoy winning.

I would love to have the same fun online. But i can't stand all of these f****** pressure maniacs at all. I hate it so much. Every time i play online i get forced to play ping pong style. Online, that kills the game for me. I want to play football. No compromises here. For me it is not about winning at all cost. For me it is about playing football. If i need to play ping pong style i can't enjoy winning.

Add me to your friends list and we can have some games when you see me online? thats if you have a 360?

I'm sure there are other guys on here that play manual and don't press constantly, that would like to play somebody like yourself aswell.

I haven't played Fifa for about a week now, even with the patch coming out I booted Fifa long enough to download the update then turned it off again, been playing Risen on my PC and the wife's been playing Risen on the 360 :)

Back
Top Bottom