FIFA 10

What i'd like to see happen is your teammate AI scale with whatever the difficulty level is.

You go world class,your teamamte AI goes world class. And hopefully that might stop the acres of space your teammates give the cpu in midfield and maybe the defence would improve.

As it stands you go onto world class and legendary but your teammate AI seems it's on the amateur level and dumb as f**k.

They have made clubs teammate ai world class so it's obviously possible.

Last edited:
Ahh I forgot about that I was hoping for an off-line fix I'd missed... ;)

Well there's no reason why it can't work offline, it's just puzzling they have only done it for clubs.

I'm sure EA get the list of complaints put up then each of them sticks a pin in blindfolded, to decide what gets fixed.

Your teammates AI in clubs is listed in the new patch as being set to world class because they play like idiots.

So why this isn't across the board is beyond me. Here's hoping

In BAP:S they are already set to whatever difficulty you choose, they are not semi pro like in Clubs.

In the modes where you control every player your own team AI is always on semi pro it seems (look at movement off the ball when you're not controlling a player, moves just like in the lower difficulties with bad runs etc.) and this was the case in Clubs too but not after this patch.

In BAP:S they are already set to whatever difficulty you choose, they are not semi pro like in Clubs.

In the modes where you control every player your own team AI is always on semi pro it seems (look at movement off the ball when you're not controlling a player, moves just like in the lower difficulties with bad runs etc.) and this was the case in Clubs too but not after this patch.

Well I guess we need to push to have this accross the board

Well I guess we need to push to have this accross the board

Agree. I think the main reason I can't stand playing in modes where you control every player is because your own team AI is so stupid. It doesn't play realistic at all.

I did that quite a bit for 09 but didn't really wanna have to continue to do it for this one. Especially since people claimed to be getting into manual matches immediately when searching for them. Is that still the case with the UK guys that have already had the game for a few weeks now?

For all the guys who reported getting into manual and semi matches with no problem, is that still the way it is?

When I look for all manual matches it might take 2-3 goes, but there hasn't been a time when I have just given up because I can't find anybody.

I am in the Zone now on this

People moaning about assisted players shouldn't be because they are easily beaten by slowing the game down and picking passes out so they are running all over the place all the time. If you slip into there game and start chasing the ball and forcing the ball forwards all the time your going to get beat

Also its pretty easy to read there passes as well so you can intercept them quite alot

:BYE:

Because in FIFA 09, I don't remember your team-mates being the smartest, but I wouldn't say they were f'n stupid or horrible either. So are you guys saying, your team/team-mates have now gotten dumber.. or is it the same exact thing as in FIFA 09?
I don't think it's any worse at all. I've only played a handful of matches in BAP, but my teammates have actually used the ball fairly intelligently in those games. I'm only in the Grasshopper Reserves, playing on Legendary. I've seen nothing to suggest the teammate AI has got worse, if anything I'd say it's been better from the little I've experienced thus far.

The rest of the mode is basically identical to last year. I'm still being played out of position, as usual. Created a CM and I'm out on the right wing...

This is LIGHT years ahead of PES2010.

I was prepared to give PES the benefit of the doubt after playing the demo, but I miss the finesse that FIFA allows. Being able to stand on the ball, pick a pass (at the speed and direction YOU intended) and get some satisfaction from build up play.

Its just horrible.

I'll try to stick with it as every year, PES feels 'weird', but I dunno if its too much of a gap to bridge this year.

Just experienced that myself. The pressure is still a gamekiller online. Could hardly get past the midfield with Bordeaux. I don't want to ping-pong pass and pretty much can't on manual passing.

I'll have a more extensive review I guess in a little while because I'm still playing (if anyone cares to hear it) but is anyone else having trouble finding a match. Are the 1 v 1 and Online Team Play servers region-specific as well? I search for an unranked manual match, speed slow, NOTHING. Unranked match against any type of opponent pops up almost immediately but there's still a delay, and searching for players based on team star level never shows up with anything. What's worse is that only when it fails to find someone can I actually make one myself. And if I go look for the suggested session in progress it never finds anything.

Also, when trying to play Be A Pro Online Team Play(and if nobody reads anything else in this post please read this), it keeps telling me to download the squad update, takes like 1.5 minutes to do so, and then the game ends up being timed out when I finally get to a lobby. It won't save the Online squad anywhere so that I don't have to keep doing this. Anyone know how to fix this?

I've been on the game for like 2 hours now and have literally only been able to play 2 1 v 1 matches and one team play match. None of the 1 v 1 matches were manual either as a search for them yields nothing.

I find if you search for a game using the slow filter you fond nobody. even when creating a match nobody joins. I always have to use normal

ive played this for a few hours today and while some of it is sublime. The shit stuff just ruins it.

I must have conceded about 6 goals today with defenders just standing doing nothing while the attacker robs them and scores despite the fact ive hit long ball button.

Undoubtedly ea are onto something, but I honestly am struggling ot cope with the niggly annoyances of this game.

Well I now have Forza 3 to occupy me somewhat while I wait for the patch arriving on the marketplace. I've also been rinsing Fallout 3 lately, and put well over 140 hours into that. Crazy.

ive played this for a few hours today and while some of it is sublime. The shit stuff just ruins it.

I must have conceded about 6 goals today with defenders just standing doing nothing while the attacker robs them and scores despite the fact ive hit long ball button.

Undoubtedly ea are onto something, but I honestly am struggling ot cope with the niggly annoyances of this game.

Happens to me a lot too the niggles and AI are making the game far less fun than it should be, PES will be getting hit hard over the weekend... :SHOCK: :PIRATE:

Exactly my feelings. There's some truly brilliant stuff in there, but I just can't stand playing it for more than a few minutes.

The frustration is knowing that they could so easily make it so much more enjoyable. A few simple tweaks, modifications and additions and it's a gem. But alas....

So near, and yet so far.

Ok I can't enjoy either game now...

I play PES and I miss the freedom & animations of Fifa

I play Fifa and I miss the AI / Tactical elements of PES

:RANT:

Life was a lot simpler when Fifa was just crap

Ok I can't enjoy either game now...

I play PES and I miss the freedom & animations of Fifa

I play Fifa and I miss the AI / Tactical elements of PES

Actually, I reckon the tactical options, and how the AI play in FIFA are amongst it strongest points. Quite a few of us have been playing around with the tactical sliders to create various styles of play, and then letting the AI play against each other. The results are really impressive, with some tremdous action, variation in styles, amazing creativity. I actually find it fun to watch.

The problem is when you join in and play the game against the AI, all the cheats smother the fun. The AI team suddenly becomes super-fast, instantaeous reactions, pixel-perfect passes, wins every single tackle. And your guy suffers those endless stumbling animations, speed cheats, response cheats, biased refs, etc. Utter garbage.

They build a superb AI model but make it horrible to play with.

Actually, I reckon the tactical options, and how the AI play in FIFA are amongst it strongest points. Quite a few of us have been playing around with the tactical sliders to create various styles of play, and then letting the AI play against each other. The results are really impressive, with some tremdous action, variation in styles, amazing creativity. I actually find it fun to watch.

The problem is when you join in and play the game against the AI, all the cheats smother the fun. The AI team suddenly becomes super-fast, instantaeous reactions, pixel-perfect passes, wins every single tackle. And your guy suffers those endless stumbling animations, speed cheats, response cheats, biased refs, etc. Utter garbage.

They build a superb AI model but make it horrible to play with.

Good post man.

super-fast, instantaeous reactions, pixel-perfect passes, wins every single tackle. And your guy suffers those endless stumbling animations, speed cheats, response cheats, biased refs, etc.
I'm sorry but the only utter thing garbage is the points above. I'm playing on full manual or legendary and see no cheat or super fast AI. I have also seen many time the AI miss place a pass.

Maybe this doesnt apply to you or maybe it does but it seems the people who are moaning about the game are the assisted players who are trying to duplicate their FIFA 09 tactics of charging through the midfield or down the lines.

I'm sorry but the only utter thing garbage is the points above. I'm playing on full manual or legendary and see no cheat or super fast AI. I have also seen many time the AI miss place a pass.

Maybe this doesnt apply to you or maybe it does but it seems the people who are moaning about the game are the assisted players who are trying to duplicate their FIFA 09 tactics of charging through the midfield or down the lines.

Sounds great, can I have your copy please?

I don't think the AI cheats as much as other people do (except in the last 10 minutes when it becomes utterly ludicrous for no reason whatsoever, even when they are in the lead). The reaction times it has are absurd though. I've seen so many deflections being hit instantly into the back of the net before I have time to even process, as a human, what has happened.

I think the CPU is actually being perfectly fair when Burnley reserves pass it around like Barcelona for most of the match. It's using assisted because that's what it was coded to do. The problem is with the game.

Oh, and comments like the last sentence of yours help and impress no-one. The point is exactly that this game DOES encourage FIFA 09 gameplay over that you'd expect from a real match.

After playing some games of PES 2010, I thought I'd try FIFA and compare.

Wow, FIFA really feels MILES better than PES! The 360 dribbling alone makes FIFA clearly dominate PES and it just plays a far better, more fluid, realistic game of football.

The controls feel better, the animations feel right, the weight of the ball feels better, controlling players is better.

I'll play PES for the BAL and maybe ML, but I really hope ML is fixed because FIFA is my game again this year.

I think we're going to have to wait a long time before the next decent PES...
I predict it will be when the next consoles are released, I think we are too far into this generation for it to be worth making a completely new game engine from scratch (like EA did for FIFA 07). I don't think the current PES engine is capable of creating a game which doesn't feel so scripted and actually looks/feels like football...

They surely can't port the same engine over to the PS4 and Xbox 720(?), but even if they do build the game from scratch again it will probably take them a few years to get the most out of it (PS2 released 2000, PES5 released 2005)...

Back
Top Bottom