FIFA 10

When i started my MM i selected a stadium that had everything available, hoping for a mixture of times and weather but only get night/overcast and rain. I simmed a few mm games in the Spanish league and had 5 day games in about 12 that i simmed. Is this weather cock up only in the premier league then?

I was expecting 10 updates, so this isn't far off but I'm still gutted. I'm actually totally shocked that some major bugs have just been ignored completely - such as the disappearing newly-signed players bug, and the billions of debt bug. I just hope that the lower league tactics bug (i.e. where they're all set to the same all-70s tactics) is fixed, otherwise I literally can't bring myself to play Manager Mode.

Playing as a lower league team, you're just playing the same game every week, and if that's acceptable then... I must be really out of touch.

Fingers crossed.

Well just finished a MM season, winning the league and cup along the way.

Good news:
The final league standing was pretty much perfect, well besides me screwing it up by having Liverpool win the league :P (followed by Che-Manu-Ars-Spurs-Villa-Eve-City-etc)

End of season overview is good aswell, you get to see the biggest home/away win/loss and also who you dominated (overall biggest win home+away) and who your nemesis was (for me Bolton with two 1-0 losses). Also the team of the season actually has some players from my winning team!

Bad news:
Won the prem on the last day by beating Chelsea at home 1-0 (they were 1st going into the match with a 2 point advantage). So I was expecting a good lap of honour with the trophy. And what happend........nothing really. A close up of Chelsea being "dissapointed", ie walking off the pitch and a couple of pool players in the backgroun cheering (similar to a 3-0 win).

Won the FaCup, beating Villa 2-0. So I thought maybe they would have a better celebration. Basicly they have added a sidecamera view to the standard "11 men standing together in the centre circle" but they reduced the players to 7! SO now you get to see an even crappier celebration from 2,3 angles!

So I went on to the next season to see how much money I would have as I have now won stuff and forfilled all my board objectives. I finished with 23mil in the bank, signed a new sponsor and for the next season I have a total of 23mil in the bank. So in other words it doesn't matter what you win, or how well you do (Ive moved up a rating) , you don't get any extra income after the initial balance?!

So in honour of Marcel Kuhn(t) I thought I would repost some classic quote's:

Wepeeler - "I'm big into transfers and building ultimate teams. Is that harder this year?"

Marcel Kuhn - "...You will start with a specific amount of money, which ensures that Chelsea and Manchester City are rich while Bolton or promoted side Burnley don’t have a lot of cash to spend. During the season you will make a bit of money via ticket sales and sponsors, but what matters the most is to fulfill your board objectives. At the end of the year the board will look at your performance and refresh your Club and Wage Budget accordingly. Obviously, they will only grant you more money to spend, if they are happy with your performance..."

Not for me, but I guess winning a league and cup and forfilling the objectives jsut isn't good enough

MK - "...Player form is a new concept we adopted from Live Season. The result of playing really well over a longer period of time will be that the players form increases and his attributes will be slightly improved for the time being."

Score a hattrick and your players form drops...

MK - "...As the Board Confidence will play a crucial role and change very dynamic, you will get an update on Board Confidence after every game."

No shit, I can go from you're the best to you suck in two games (winning both!).

MK - "For Manager Mode it means that we wanted to remove everything that takes you out of the immersion of living as a manager in a authentic football world. Let me give you some examples, i.e. C. Ronaldo transferring to Aalborg = not total football, Wigan beating Manchester United 5-0 = not total football, playing in Sunny / Dry weather in the EPL, every week, no matter what time of the year = not total football…. To achieve this we reworked the fundamentals this mode is based on, we work towards avoiding these unrealistic events from happening and replaced them with more football authentic events. In the end we’re aiming to create a game mode that contributes to the overall “Total Football Experience” FIFA 10 will deliver via all its features."

Playing 90% of games in rain / night = total football.

"Details regarding the presentation changes will be released at a later time. But I can tell you already that the different weather conditions in Manager Mode, including my favorite “Rainy night for mid-week cup games”, look amazing!"

And don't we bloody know it!

MK: In terms of crowd we’ve further improved the variable crowd attendance as well as the club specific crowd coloring.

Yeah now my stadium is half empty for every game no matter how high in the league I am

So thanks Marcel......thanks a f#$kin lot!

Last edited:
I was playing an all manual game last night. Was quite a good game, was enjoying it. It was 0 - 0, 90th min and I put in a cross that lobbed the keeper and went into the far corner. I won 1 - 0. Game finishes and this maniac starts sending me all these messages calling me a cheating scumbag, using glitches to win, may as well have scored from the halfway line coz thats a glitch too.

Apparently I should have scored an own goal to compensate for my cross going in. I'm not shy when it comes to a bit of banter, but I gotta say I was quite taken aback by this psycho. I for one one hate cheats and quitters, but no matter how much I explained that it was a pure fluke and it was not intended I could not get this nut job to understand.

I thought the only pricks online were the assisted abusers and quitters but thats a new one for the list

Marcel Kuhn = Wanker.

He's shit at his job, hopefully they get someone who knows what they are doing for FIFA 11 because MK fucked up 10's MM for us...

4026753377_2356e73cf7.jpg

4027507098_0bfc23f253.jpg

brilliant match, i was playing celtic and a mate was brondby, the extra was like 100% posession on his side but i snatched it, AWESOME.

:LOL: the marcel hate is STRONG. he must have been outright lying. Also i don't care. a year is enough time to have all this sorted. it's less than an issue per month over 10months if you do things properly.

Marcel Kuhn = Wanker.

He's shit at his job, hopefully they get someone who knows what they are doing for FIFA 11 because MK fucked up 10's MM for us...
i wish konami made a decent game. many would have ditches this shithole game we are playing. bugfested shit

True, I thought I'd just be having a quick blast on PES then finding the ML still the same be back to FIFA but now because of it's problems I'm praying PES is decent and I'm trying to convince myself I can live with the ML...

Without talking about gameplay, having played PES2010 and particularly the Champions League mode, it's made it all the more obvious to me, that Fifa needs a mode to immerse yourself into. All the champions league presentation is fantastic, ad-boards, scoreboards, music, It's just in the wrong game!

I can only guess this stuff isn't in Fifa because of the larger amount of teams/leagues, as they did a great job with the EA Champions league game.

Look... a trophy!

YouTube - UEFA Champions League 2006-2007 Gameplay Trailer

Last edited:
As I've been saying for a while, if EA and Konami combined forces, they'd :

a) Create one hell of a football game combining both qualities of each game.

b) Somehow manage to still f*ck it up.

Delete as applicable.

Yeah EA really need to sort out the atmosphere/trophies/celebrations/etc.

Was such a dissapointment the other day to see "nothing". Won the Charityshield earlier and instead of 7, there were 6 players in the centre circle........and nothing else. The whole pitch was empty! How hard can it be to just write a piece of code that makes the players run around the pitch holding the cup!? Or even just step up to one of the cup podiums to collect the trophy and have some fireworks/confetti in the background.

On a better note, had a day/rain match at anfield earlier! And have set the difficulty to legendary. Felt much better, aswell as setting shooting to semi it's made the game have better balance.

Although found another bug, the FAcup win registers as an International Cup win in manager history whilst domestic cup is still at 0. No biggy but the amount of these types of bugs/mistakes/etc is really shocking. Makes you think they have no pride in their work, I get p!$$ed off if I miss a single thing in my work, let alone the amount going on here. And it's not as if Im doing very simple work being an architect dealing with pretty large scale buildings (for example a 15.000m2 shopping centre with about 100 apartments on top of it). So many of these mistakes aren't even complicated elements, just lazyness. Like when you load up the ps3 version you get a low resolution "fifa" logo (before choosing the language). Then it reloads and it's a high resolution version. I mean that is just really basic stuff!

Back
Top Bottom