FIFA 10

Well as long as they have fixed the following i'll be happy.

- MM Bugs.

- Player switching.

- AI CPU and User controlled teammates.

- Commentary improvements with more variety.

- Halftime Fulltime replays including all the goals.

If not i'm wiping my arse with the disk and posting it to D.Rutter.

You should prep that disc up, then, mate.

I'd suggest quite a few of the bugs from Manager Mode will be rectified to some degree. Player switching and AI controlling? Possible but doubtful. The rest, outlook : Slim to none.

EA Sports boss Peter Moore has acknowledged that the scale of FIFA 10's early sales success caught the publisher's online service people off-guard, but also said he is "glad our teams have solved many of the capacity issues that plagued some of you in the first few days out of the gate".
"We've been thrilled with the launch of FIFA in Europe and I'm obviously anxious to see how the North American launch goes next week [tomorrow - Ed]," Moore wrote on his blog.
"As we have throughout this summer and early fall, we continue to learn a lot about the changing habits of EA Sports fans and their voracious appetite for online content - so much so that sometimes it threatens the integrity of our robust online servers.
"We asked 'How Big Can Football Get?' throughout our FIFA 10 marketing campaign, and consumers in Europe quickly overwhelmed even our most optimistic projections, shattering online records that we had just set two months ago with Madden. We're thrilled with the interest and I'm glad our teams have solved many of the capacity issues that plagued some of you in the first few days out of the gate."
Elsewhere, on the EA forums, we've been told that the patch promised in a Eurogamer interview last week is now in certification at Sony and Microsoft.
Not everyone's as "thrilled" as Moore about that, however. EA reps on the forum have said they are not yet authorised to release the list of changes in the patch, leading a couple of tinfoil hats to speculate that EA hasn't fixed key bugs and is keeping the changelog out of sight to avoid impacting US pre-orders.
It remains to be seen what's in the patch, then, but you can get a sense of it by looking over EA's comments from last week.

Should EA have been more aware of possible numbers buying the game?

Well, the interesting news away from Fifa at the moment is that WENB have awarded PES2010 an 8/10. Considering their bias, that's a pretty fair score.

Now all Fifa and EA need is the release of this patch to coincide with PES coming out this week.

Well, my Manager Mode is now unplayable. If I go to the squad management screen, some of my players have no name (just blank) and their numerical ratings have changed to something like minus -128570960 etc. It will crash my Xbox at the squad screen.

Perhaps the Squads file is corrupted. This seems to have happened after I'd edited a bunch of custom tactics and created my Virtual Pro for the first time, then tried to load an old saved MM. I keep three rotating saves for my MM and the same bug is present in all, so I can't go back to an old MM save. Tonight I might try resetting my Squads file to default, see if that fixes it.

I recall a similar bug in 09, when after some heavy editing some players would change to a GK with no name and a nonsensical OVR. I wonder if something screwy happens to the Squads file when you create/edit players.

I also noticed a very minor issue with creating your Virtual Pro. It asks you to assign a team for your player (I think it defaults to your Favourite Team). I gave my VP the shirt number 7 and at first set his team to Villa, then returned to the menu. Then I went back in and changed his team to Barnsley. Later on I started a new MM as Villa (NOT including my VP) and noticed that Ashley Young's squad number, which should have been 7, was now 13. Just because I'd temporarily saved my VP as Villa's 7, even though I'd since changed it. Not critical but something to be wary of.

When the patch arrives I'm going to clean everything out and start from default with a fresh install.

Well, my Manager Mode is now unplayable. If I go to the squad management screen, some of my players have no name (just blank) and their numerical ratings have changed to something like minus -128570960 etc. It will crash my Xbox at the squad screen.

Perhaps the Squads file is corrupted. This seems to have happened after I'd edited a bunch of custom tactics and created my Virtual Pro for the first time, then tried to load an old saved MM. I keep three rotating saves for my MM and the same bug is present in all, so I can't go back to an old MM save. Tonight I might try resetting my Squads file to default, see if that fixes it.

I recall a similar bug in 09, when after some heavy editing some players would change to a GK with no name and a nonsensical OVR. I wonder if something screwy happens to the Squads file when you create/edit players.

I also noticed a very minor issue with creating your Virtual Pro. It asks you to assign a team for your player (I think it defaults to your Favourite Team). I gave my VP the shirt number 7 and at first set his team to Villa, then returned to the menu. Then I went back in and changed his team to Barnsley. Later on I started a new MM as Villa (NOT including my VP) and noticed that Ashley Young's squad number, which should have been 7, was now 13. Just because I'd temporarily saved my VP as Villa's 7, even though I'd since changed it. Not critical but something to be wary of.

When the patch arrives I'm going to clean everything out and start from default with a fresh install.

That happened to me a lot in 09, in MM and normal season mode, you need to delete the squad files on your console.

Sometimes it happened randomly and sometimes it happened after I had edited the teams formation. It also moved two players into the same spot on the tactic screen too.

@ Nerf,

Had a similar experience. Have been editing team formations and tactics last week and finally played some MM on sunday. Last game I got a "no-name" and it crashed the game. Glad I wasn't serious about that MM save anyway as Im waiting for the patch.

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/dev-team-lobby/839470-list-new-updates.html

Manager Mode

Xbox 360 / PlayStation 3
Feedback : Player form changed too dramatically while playing through manager mode.
Update: A player’s form is now more subtle and does not affect physical attributes.

Xbox 360 / PlayStation 3
Feedback: Occasionally loaned players from the first transfer window would be sold by teams in the second transfer window.
Update: AI teams with players loaned to them will not sell these players in the second transfer window.

Xbox 360 / PlayStation 3
Feedback: Occasionally players would disappear that were bought in the first transfer window when simming matches in the second transfer window.
Update: The players team will not lose players during the second transfer window without any action on the user’s part.

Xbox 360 / PlayStation 3
Feedback: Goal Keeper Clean Sheets were being tracked as assists in the Top 20's screen.
Update: Assists will only be awarded to players that passed the ball to the goal scorer immediately before the goal was scored.

Xbox 360 / PlayStation 3
Feedback: The game occasionally crashed when entering gameplay, team management, or transfer lists during the first season after loaning out players and filling the roster to full. There were too many players at the club.
Update: Loaned players will now still count towards one of the 42 roster spots so the player cannot have more players than the maximum belonging to their team.

Xbox 360 / PlayStation 3
Feedback: Rarely, the player could progress past the end of season with a negative club budget after signing and, later, choosing not to re-sign players during a season.
Update: Choosing not to re-sign players will not cause the team’s budget to decrease further.

70+ issues reported for manager mode and they fix 6, what a fucking joke.

"- At the moment there are no plans for further updates from the studio"

Oh dear oh dear. Here's hoping everybody causes up roar over this. If not I hope PES is playable!

On the brightside the CPU AI will be on world class in clubs now :)

I'm starting to think PES 2010 PC with all the patches is going to be the way forward.

Bunch of tossers EA are with selective hearing.

So I've been reading these forums for months about FIFA 10 as well as tracking FIFA 09 when it was out to see everyone's complaints. Thought I would chime in with my observations of the game. I am in the US and ordered from the UK so I've had the game for 2 weeks now.

All problems aside with MM and the bugs, I have to say I think the FIFA team DID listen to a lot of the complaints in regards to game play. I am primarily a MM player and have been since FIFA first introduced the mode. Where I hated the game was online really. Since MM is crocked, I've been playing only online and feel that it is a totally different experience this year. I've tried searching for manual and semi assisted games but can never find any... I am more of a semi player however as manual shooting and passing on the PS3 controller is next to impossible for me.

First off, just holding down the "sprint" button doesn't seem to work anymore. Last year the game was through ball to Ronaldo, in on goal and perfectly placed shot for the score. This year nobody I've played against has had success doing this. I play a very calm and patient build up style of play and while holding the pressure button can still kill this game, I've found that just passing it back to the backline totally erases the pressure and opens up tons of space in the middle of the field as well and punishes the team pressing the entire game once you get used to it. Sure there seems to be no fatigue, but the casual gamer that kicked my ass in ranked play last year hasn't done much against me in this version. My heaviest defeat was 7-0, but every other game was within 1-2 goal margins either win or lose.

Even on assisted controls, not every goal is going on frame like last year. I've also set up my own custom set pieces that have worked brilliantly online because nobody knows how to defend them yet. Although I would imagine this could become an exploit but I don't think the casual 14 year old playing even bothers to set them up as it is very time consuming to get it right.

All in all, game play is fantastic this year. I am as pissed as anyone about MM being screwed and I think that the FIFA team put too much on their plate for one iteration of this game. For next year they need to just concentrate on a couple of modes to really begin perfecting them.

One last thing, Marcel Kuhn needs to be fired. The drivel he posted on his blog or whatever was completely false and it's a disgrace.

Six?! Fucking hell, EA :BRICK:

Gameplay

Xbox 360 / PlayStation 3
Feedback: Players teammate AI in online Clubs games was not equivalent to World Class AI.
Update: Teammate AI while playing in clubs is now World Class.

A welcome change but I'm far from happy with their "effort" at fixing MM.

Six?! Fucking hell, EA :BRICK:

A welcome change but I'm far from happy with their "effort" at fixing MM.

I don't know what else they could do with MM to be honest. They've fixed the core issues that were "broken." I am more pissed that Weather will be rainy and at night for every single game.

Some of the other "bugs" listed weren't really bugs I don't think. Maybe getting fired, but I've never had trouble signing players on the lowest difficulty level except one youth player from Bayern who just wouldn't come to a rival team.

edit: I didn't think about this... will the Assistant Manager still be screwed up?

Last edited:
To be honest, although it's annoying that so many things have slipped through the net (excuse the pun), I'm relatively pleased that some of the main issues have been looked at and rectified. I only really play MM, Live Season and occassionally online, and what they've fixed were my main gripes.

Shame nothing else seems to have been breathed upon, bug wise from that massive list, but even so, I'm content enough for the time being.

I'm with Scutch to an extent but really, the weather and kick off timings really piss me off too.

I'll give MM another go when the patch is out - until then I'm sticking to my EPL Tournament

The weather is a major bug though. It was in 09 and is in 10 so im amazed they have not fixed that. 6 out of 60+ is not good enough. We knew that there was no way all was going to be fixed but 6

I'm with Scutch to an extent but really, the weather and kick off timings really piss me off too.

I'll give MM another go when the patch is out - until then I'm sticking to my EPL Tournament

I don't know what it is with the weather, and why it's so different on varying machines.

I mean, I haven't had a problem with the weather yet. I get mostly clear days and daylight matches. I've had a few in the rain or at night, but certainly not to a problematic degree.

What format are you running this on? I'm on XB360.

I'm disappointed they seemingly haven't rectified the white ball in the snow problem, but saying that, I think it's possible to change it anyway by going to a particular setting in MyFifa10 - so perhaps not so much of a niggle after all.

I wonder how many of the development team are carried overfrom the dark days. I know there are some people who have probably shone with the change of mindset over there but a lot of the brillliance of the game is offset by the sorts of mistakes that a real football fan just wouldn't allow. Centre backs covering posts for corners for instance. While most or all of us lack the coding skills necessary to get the work done it's hard not to think that two or three proper football fans being given supervisory roles would knock most problems on the head at the ideas table.

I don't know what it is with the weather, and why it's so different on varying machines.

I mean, I haven't had a problem with the weather yet. I get mostly clear days and daylight matches. I've had a few in the rain or at night, but certainly not to a problematic degree.

I'm disappointed they seemingly haven't rectified the white ball in the snow problem, but saying that, I think it's possible to change it anyway by going to a particular setting in MyFifa10 - so perhaps not so much of a niggle after all.

What league do you play in? I started up a MM and all I got was night and rainy matches on the PS3 in England.

Also, I have played with the white ball in the snow and you can see it perfectly fine.

Wow 6!?!?

@ Placebo, told you it was gonna be October next year :P

So last year we had only day games, this year only night games. Who's going to hunt Marcel down for us?! Guess we will have to edit half the stadiums for day only ones. :(

Really p!$$ed off tbh, surely actually forfilling their promised improvements isn't too much to expect?!

Also I didn't see any mention of the all 70-ties tactics for lower leagues, or are they gonna edit that in the squad update?

I'm on XBox too mate.....I just found (I only played 15 games before getting the sack/avoiding MM) that most games were in the night, in the rain. But I also had one snow match and one where it was a nice day but snow was on the edge of the pitch in August.

I wonder how many of the development team are carried overfrom the dark days. I know there are some people who have probably shone with the change of mindset over there but a lot of the brillliance of the game is offset by the sorts of mistakes that a real football fan just wouldn't allow. Centre backs covering posts for corners for instance. While most or all of us lack the coding skills necessary to get the work done it's hard not to think that two or three proper football fans being given supervisory roles would knock most problems on the head at the ideas table.

Great point - I detest the starting positions of my team when defending a corner - what's with the bloke who stands between the near post and the corner flag marking no one? It makes Liverpool's much-criticised zonal marking look good!

I play Premiership with Spurs, mate. Also tried with Barcelona and Juventus. No problems with weather, up to now.

Interesting... Maybe certain teams get a different weather pattern - well, Juve doesn't even have night matches I believe.

That is the one thing left that really irks me is the weather. I have no idea why they can't just let the USER pick the weather for each game like in a friendly. Maybe it eats up too much disc space?

Great point - I detest the starting positions of my team when defending a corner - what's with the bloke who stands between the near post and the corner flag marking no one? It makes Liverpool's much-criticised zonal marking look good!

At least now we can customize set peices and bring the big defenders into the box...

Just trying to stay somewhat positive.

Back
Top Bottom