FIFA 10

I think I'm the only person who likes the single player game and I'm an ex PES/ISS fan. At the moment playing on legendary difficulty full manual. Most games losing 3-2,2-1 as I've just stepped up from WC difficulty

I try to be as objective as possible with FIFA and PES, but if you loved PES I would not recommend FIFA for you. Especially if you play only single player, you'll find yourself getting extremely frustrated with the AI with the nonstop pressuring. Also, custom tactics are the same for >90% of the teams, so you'll find yourself facing the exact same AI tactics every single game.

to answer your question, no. Those teams do not play with individuality.

If anybody disagrees with me, please chime in.

the custom Tactics of every team are editable,so its possibe to edit each team to play in their lifelike manner, see the posts by TikTikTik and Neo :WORSHIP::WORSHIP:and go and edit Bolton/Stoke and Man Utd /Arsenal and then see if the teams play with individuality .

Not sure if this is only me, but has anyone else been almost unable to get a "Pro Ranked Match" online for your VP?

Most often it doesn't find any matches at all, despite being saturday at 12, or any weeknight when people ought to be playing. Tried again yesterday and was able to find some games, but most often is just shows o players for either team, and my own name doesn't even appear to select a team. Or, which was weird, I could press left or right to select either team, but the gamertag I was moving wasn't my own name...

So, is there something off with me or my game, or is this a known issue? :)

Getting miffed now. In my first mm season, 20 games in and not one single day game and probably about 17 of them games all in the rain. I keep expecting my team to come on the pitch in there next game in an ark!! Doing my head in now. I am right in saying that we cant manipulate the weather on 10 like we could in 09?

Not sure if this is only me, but has anyone else been almost unable to get a "Pro Ranked Match" online for your VP?

Most often it doesn't find any matches at all, despite being saturday at 12, or any weeknight when people ought to be playing. Tried again yesterday and was able to find some games, but most often is just shows o players for either team, and my own name doesn't even appear to select a team. Or, which was weird, I could press left or right to select either team, but the gamertag I was moving wasn't my own name...

Haven't had any problems finding these type of games (PS3).

I've sent my e-mail about assisted passing and pressuring to EA via Chris. It really is just a case of toning those way down and making stats count to get the rest of the game fixed. All of the defensive AI is designed to face up against arcade passing and arcade pressuring, and all the attacking AI sprints forwards constantly because there's no need to drop back and give your defensive mid options if he can pass the ball 60 yards effortlessly.

I've sent my e-mail about assisted passing and pressuring to EA via Chris. It really is just a case of toning those way down and making stats count to get the rest of the game fixed. All of the defensive AI is designed to face up against arcade passing and arcade pressuring, and all the attacking AI sprints forwards constantly because there's no need to drop back and give your defensive mid options if he can pass the ball 60 yards effortlessly.

Why do you guys insist so much on removing the assisted controls. I am a manual player and i only play games with my "manual" PSN friends. Let Noobs play their game.

The best solution for me is for EA to release 2 games. One arcade and one sim but that would cost much money i can imagine.

this game is a slight upgrade to 09... the pitch is too damn small.. the 360 dribbling is a great addition, but the game still lacks something, played about 4 hours of 2 v 2, and no one was really blown away... including me... my 1 v 1 games are better

Why do you guys insist so much on removing the assisted controls. I am a manual player and i only play games with my "manual" PSN friends. Let Noobs play their game.

The best solution for me is for EA to release 2 games. One arcade and one sim but that would cost much money i can imagine.

I'm not insisting on removing it whatsoever, as my hundreds of biblically sized posts will attest. I just think that assisted controls should be assisting the gamer holding the pad, not the players kicking the ball.

EA need to exaggerate the stats for Assisted along with making it more "rigid".

Also you should be able to choose what settings the AI use. Currently they only use Assisted.

The best solution is to create a manual leader board

the custom Tactics of every team are editable,so its possibe to edit each team to play in their lifelike manner, see the posts by TikTikTik and Neo :WORSHIP::WORSHIP:and go and edit Bolton/Stoke and Man Utd /Arsenal and then see if the teams play with individuality .

What are their settings?

You're restricted to the number of custom tactics though so you'd have to apply many the same for some teams.

Ive had no problems getting a game in this mode mate, its 1v1 i have more problems with.

Ive had no problems getting a game in this mode mate, its 1v1 i have more problems with.

Crap. I've been having this problem for days. If I play a ranked quick match 1v1 with default settings (normal speed, all controls) I can play a game, but not Pro Ranked Match. Sometimes no players appear for any team (not even myself, it just shows the teams and no players are pooled into the session), and sometimes my cursor appears alone, and I just get a random name (like "ronaldo1989" or a similar, seemingly credible gamer tag for someone else, on my cursor rather than my actual gamer tag), which is the only cursor on the team select screen.

Worth bug reporting to Chris ya reckon, if noone else has had it? I could make a video of it.

Last edited:
Crap. I've been having this problem for days. If I play a ranked quick match 1v1 with default settings (normal speed, all controls) I can play a game, but not Pro Ranked Match. Sometimes no players appear for any team (not even myself, it just shows the teams and no players are pooled into the session), and sometimes my cursor appears alone, and I just get a random name (like "ronaldo1989" or a similar, seemingly credible gamer tag for someone else, on my cursor rather than my actual gamer tag), which is the only cursor on the team select screen.

Worth bug reporting to Chris ya reckon, if noone else has had it? I could make a video of it.

i get that error too on the 360. thought it was just me

is it just me, but have they removed the FIFA09 jockey animations when they added the new stupid looking crab-crouching one?
ever since the initial update, i no longer see the 'defender calling for assistance' animations from FIFA09. :|
i find myself deliberately trying not to jockey now. :(

Well, I'm certainly expecting news on the patch today. It's been far too long without any information, especially considering we were supposed to get at least a snippet on Thursday morning.

Here's hoping.

Apparantly it should be out this week, so we should definitely expect some info today or else it won't be available this week and more hot air from EA.

Well, I'm certainly expecting news on the patch today. It's been far too long without any information, especially considering we were supposed to get at least a snippet on Thursday morning.

Here's hoping.

Well as long as they have fixed the following i'll be happy.

- MM Bugs.

- Player switching.

- AI CPU and User controlled teammates.

- Commentary improvements with more variety.

- Halftime Fulltime replays including all the goals.

If not i'm wiping my arse with the disk and posting it to D.Rutter.

Back
Top Bottom