FIFA 10

First 90% of this vid are Demo Matches.
And chill out because theese are only bugs wich happen sometimes.
In 1 of 50 games a bug like this happens maybe.
So I don't give a #### about this little bugs.:BYE:

I enjoy playing Fifa 10. And for those who don't like Fifa 10...just don't play it ;)

I think a game can't be 100% perfect.

Ditto :D

yea i question this also. half of the fun in football is doing tactics and there is none whatsoever in online mode.

people moaned about tactics cheating but is it really cheating? if putting 10 man behind teh ball defending is cheating then how come its not defined in the rule book in real football? how come many low end teams play very defensively against teh top teams in real life?

Really bummed by this and am surprised there hasn't been more made of it (or maybe I missed it). Tactics are a huge part of the game for me, big turnoff for the online mode. And this is because some people cheat? So rather than use a scalpel to fix the problem- not allowing 10 people behind the ball, ramping up stamina loss for putting up pressure too high... you use a hatchet and you just remove the ability to do it? But the worst part is that the people who want to do this can still do this anyway by just saving their formations! So this just ruins it for everyone that, on a game to game basis, want to change their tactics (even more important if you actually use adidas live season and your starting 11's change). But then whats the excuse for man marking??So frustrating for such a great game.

Ok... can you please tell me where they are then :)

Edit: Just to be clear, I love this game- but that doesn't mean we have to defend it no matter what frustrating things exist in the game... but if I somehow missed where they are in online, please do tell

Last edited:
Thanks for the answers everyone.

Great to hear from you Bruno ;) and glad to see you're enjoying the game so much. :)

I scored a goal online the other night against a member of my club side. It took a wicked deflection of a defender, wrong footed the keeper, spun off the turf and crept inside the post. It was very very realistic and i replayed it several times. The ball physics were so spot on it was scary.

That sounds awesome! I'd love to see a goal like that. Wrong foot the keeper, soooo realistic!

Lol this one doesn't look too good but glad to see things like this are in the game. It happens frequently in real life and you'd expect that considering how often defenders throw their bodies in front of shots/headers.

I don't know which i hate most 10 men behind the ball or you saying " teh " instead of " the ":P

You won't believe how many times I do that! I never used to but it happens all the (I just did it again) time now. It happens when I type they (didn't this time though :) ) aswell.

It does my head in! Aaaarrrggghhh!!!

Had a beauty last night, League cup second round, looks like it's going to extra time, 0-0 we have had 17 shots 8 on target, they have had 1 shot 0 on target.

From our corner they hoof the ball pin point clear from their player facing his own goal to their forward who is stood in our half of the centre circle, he has about 2mm of energy on his bar.
Our LB who as ever is playing everyone onside even though he should be up the pitch has just just come on so we'll let him off.
He's 1st choice LB and has 80 Acceleration 78 Speed, he was rested to let a youth guy play who had gone off injured (yeah) only for 1 week though (boo) and has a nearly full bar and a slight head start, he quickly closes him down until he's almost along side, he then strangely slows to match the attackers pace even though I alter nothing.

The striker then almost stops momentarily to change direction,WTF my player does the same again I'm shoving the stick into the pad surround so hard it's creaking and the R2 trigger so hard my finger is cramping, my team mate is screaming at me asking WTF am I doing cover him, tackle him, kill him...
He turns towards goal and my player again just follows his run slightly off his shoulder.

Now our keepers coming out to cover him but then to my total amazement the striker again almost stops slightly to re-adjust again and low be foiking hold without me doing anything instead of my player zooming up to him,through him,into him,past him or running anywhere he stops momentarily too and then as the striker sets off again as if on some hidden tow bar follows..

The striker slots past a hapless keeper, I sit there stunned, my team mate calling me all the names under the sun accuses me of throwing the game, bounces his pad off me and storms out...

:RANT::CENSOR:

Afterwards all I could think of was why did I not save that for Eaton...
:LOL:

Last edited:
no their not. its half baked. you cant even tweek your formations and create your own custom ones nor can you play around with the tactic sliders

yes u can, u just need to do it forehand in the team manager screen, than save it as a quick tatics, so in the end u can use 4 diferent tatics and many formations(dont know how many u can save, i have 13 so far), its good enough for me...

I eventually convinced my friend to change the camera to dynamic and we had some great fun. Wide cameras kill the game for me (same in pes, i always go broadcast).

We are playing on legendary, some good stuff really. A couple of things: number of posts hit per match is insabe and it is really hard to find space to try some screamers. But we are really having fun.

The Jekyl And Hyde Of Fifa Online

Dr Jekyl

The last few randon unranked games I have played have been superb. Semi controls/normal speed. There has been no super pressure tactics from the opponent. Even when Vs Bayern Munich the game was played at a slow, skilful pace. No lag what so ever. And quite a few times we rematches because the games were so good. This is how ALL online games should be in Fifa10

Mr Hyde

Now for the ugly, psychotic side of online play. I have played just a handful of ranked games. And this is why. I was under the illusion that you could use the filter for ranked games this year but this seems not to be the case (please correct me if I’m wrong). The options to change settings are greyed out and can only be changed under unranked games (ps3). I’m going to use this following game as a typical example of what I have come up against when playing ranked games.

It was a FIWC game. I’m Arsenal and my opponent chose AC Milan. I’m on semi controls but from kick off its clear that im up against a fully assisted player. Now there must be a pre match screen somewhere that I am missing . One that lets you pump your players full of Red Bull before heading out to the pitch. From the 1st minute I was being closed down , no, hunted down. From a pack of starving wolves and they smelt blood. I had no time on the ball what so ever. As soon as I got control I had him barging me off resulting in me losing the ball constantly. I could not tackle his players. I could not get more than 2 passes going without him intercepting or just having my passes go astray. Ronaldinho was like a man possessed. He ran from top to bottom chasing my defenders down like they were pub team players with cement boots on. My keeper kept running out of his goal for no apparent reason. And this went on for 90 minutes. I saw none of his players get tired. Sometimes you can see them gasp for breath but I saw none of this. From start to finish he just pressured me. I lost 8-0.…yes 8 fecking nil. Every single one of his goals was scored from inside the area, finesse shot into the bottom corner. Every single bloody one of them. Mainly from him just outpacing or out muscling my players. It didn’t matter what I tried to prevent it. It seemed like the game had just decided to give him an advantage over me. Now im not claiming to be a brilliant Fifa player but I can certainly hold my own and I can tell you that this player was shite. He used the same old assisted exploits against me for every attack. Not once did I see him try to play a nice move out. It was ping pong football. You can certainly see why so many players pull the plug when they have to play these type of shite games. But that’s just not in my nature. I could be losing 20 nil and I still would see it out til the end. In the end I just laughed at the game. It was that ridiculous. Now we had this type of crap in fifa09, and I was hoping that EA had listened to us. How can unranked games be so good yet ranked be so terrible. Well that’s easy. Because I choose semi or manual in unranked and the game doesn’t cheat you. So ranked games for me again this year are off the to do list. One more mode that is broken and will never get patched. So EA, if you are reading this, please take this on board,

GET RID OF ASSISTED CONTROLS…….FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not going to name him as I’m not going to single him out and I cant really blame him for something that EA continually let happen with their Fifa franchise.

Wildster, please add me to your list so I can play you in the US. I feel bad for ya, I really do. Assisted cheaters are never any fun.

You can. Under the "Custom Game" tab, you can choose both "Ranked" and "Unranked" games, and also which control settings, game speed etc.

Ah yes thats right. I completly forgot about that. I will do that next time, cheers. So many menus in Fifa!

What about the FIWC Mode. Can you filter that?

Last edited:
Ah yes thats right. I completly forgot about that. I will do that next time, cheers. So many menus in Fifa!

What about the FIWC Mode. Can you filter that?

Let me know if you have any luck... I've tried it but it always fails to find a game, and I end up having to a play an assisted nut anyways.

yeah i know what you mean there. Also I still have that problem where the game hangs in the team select screen and then it says, session no longer available then i get kicked back to the main menu. Im sure my router is set up correctly but maybe if someone has link to the place where it instructs you about opening ports etc they can link me to it. So annoying. Sometimes it can take 10-15 attempts by which time ive lost the will

seriously, there's no challenge to "assisted" online. you can score from everywhere. what's the point? i like semi cause scoring isn't a certainty. Ea should give you more points for playing and winning on manual. if you beat a player with manual it should count for something.

I have just read this on the EA Forums, posted by Xoar. Its one of the best posts ive read about the pressure problem in fifa.

Why the pressure buttons must go - Why they mar a great game

This is meant as a second part to a trilogy of threads based on core problems in FIFA. The third will address a wider range of issues, whereas the previous two are quite specific. The first in the series. The first, of course, was this still continuing ball of anger known as:

Why the assists must go - why they mar a great game

This topic is on an issue which should hopefully be less controversial (it's not so much about choice) but nonetheless at least as significant. This is hardly a new comment - a lot of people have said this and will continue to say it: the pressure buttons are a huge problem. It's obvious why - in our fast-food generation we want more for less, we want to put in tiny effort to get out far too much - which is why in this game defending can be done in lalalalamost automated lackadaisical way - as soon as a player receives a ball - especially if it's in the air - hold down A, or B, charge into them, somehow get the ball as they foolishly bumble around trying to control it.

The response most people use, unsurprisingly, is to pass, and to pass, and to pass, which leads to a huge propagation of the ping-pong-passing tactic so lamented on this forum. So, this single problem, the pressure, has a massive effect on the balance of the game.

I have the fortune of being privy to a better-than-the-norm sample of people to play against. I play on manual and thus use the manual filter - and people who do use the manual filter tend to be of a mentality which does allow proper football to be played. Football where we're not seeing 100s of tackles being put in within 12 minutes. It is on these occasions which you can see what a wonderful game FIFA can be. Balanced, tactical, beautiful.. but unfortunately for me, and everyone else not everybody on manual plays this way. A lot do - thank God - bulalalala incredible the change when you play against someone who does. Suddenly you have no time on the ball - every time you try to run past a player you'll get massacred off the ball unless you are using a strong player - they will make ridiculous tackles. You pass the ball remotely long, and you will lose it every time as a robot player speeds into do some kind of matrix trapping whilst your player stands their admiring the 3D grass.

The game becomes choppy, scrappy, and horrible. You have to play fast, and you have to be opportunistic. Worst of all is when their strikers pressure your defenders. One small piece of bad luck (or a pseudo glitch) where your defender for whatever reason controls it badly, and slam, a steroidal Imbrahimovic slams into your defender whilst the other defenders scoff and laugh whilst the striker paces into a 1 on 1.

Don't get me wrong. Pressure does exist in football, and pressure should continue to exist in FIFA.. but it needs to be dramatically rebalanced. Pressure in football is usually applied to .. pressure a player. Not to tackle him, but to pressure him. To make him make a mistake. To close down his options... in FIFA... pressure is used primarily, and secondarily to tackle, to tackle, to tackle. Of course, you'd think that if a player was constantly accelerating to charge to a player every three seconds, he'd be half dead and useless quite quickly. Not in FIFA. In FIFA, fatigue still remains a small, semi irrelevant part of the game. I occasionally make substitutions when my winger's (poor old Arshavin and Rosicky - I'm a gunner) energy bars start to decrease but I'll only bother with this in extra time. I only do it to entertain myself - I've never noticed it making a remote difference.

The problem is fundamentally that tackling is far, far too prominent in this game. Tackling is actually NOT the bread and butter reason for a turnover of possession in football. Interceptions and misplaced passes are just as much. In this game, you can often see 40 tackles apiece in a 12 minute game. How ridiculous.

The automation is part of the problem. I see a lot of quite effective players who I swear don't even know what the left trigger DOES in defence - even though it really should be your primary defensive button. I bet a lot of them don't know your player actually tackles without you pressing A, and B, either. In fact, I'd say that the game is just as realistic whether you use the A/B (X/O) buttons or not. Even if you didn't use them at all - you'd be playing an as realistic, if not more realistic game than what FIFA 10 is if you use them. The game would be far better off if A (X) was changed to be the make-a-tackle button - and not have it run towards the player at all. I swear that's how it used to be in FIFA.. you know, when it was supposedly unrealistic (and defending actually was... kinda more realistic?!).

The attacking in this game has it's problems - partially because of the assists - partially because of the pressure - and a lot because of a whole array of other stuff... but the defence in this game is terrifically bad.

It's not thalalalala ineffective - it's thalalalala ineffective where it should be effective and effective where it should be ineffective. Tackling needs to be toned down. Interceptions, and blocking, perhaps needs to take a slight upping. Mainly, some real ability to cover a man needs to be introduced... At the core of this issue is the pressure - and this is my way of showing what I feel about this.

Yep I agree with all of that post, I don't get how anyone could disagree with it to be honest...

I posted myself in the thread, may as well add it here:

"I completely agree with Xaor's stuff on the assisted controls from the other thread (some of the people lalalalalaplied in there are pathetic really, their mentality is probably why FIFA isn't more of a simulation) and just as much so on the issue of pressuring...

It's the single worst part of FIFA 10 I think, more so than assisted controls... People shouldn't be able to do perfect tackles/shove players off the ball from any angle just by holding two or three buttons. They also shouldn't be able to sprint so much with no consequences.

In online games if people start pressuring constantly (which in my experience, most do) then the games are so boring... The pressuring is even worse on manual games - it's bad enough when you can just pass instantly inch-perfectly at any angle (assisted) bulalalala even worse when you have to actually think about what you are going to do and execute it but don't get the time on the ball to do either of those things well. Add to that the fact that penalties are VERY rarely given for standing tackles, another annoying feature of the pressure button.

When I play people I know don't overuse the pressure button the game can be much better, but even then the defenders aren't maneuverable/responsive enough to defend realistically with just the lalalalaog stick.

Another thing which makes the defending even weaker in this game is that every players weaker foot is too good - you can show players onto their wrong foot (commonly used real life tactic at all levels) but they will still put the same sort of cross into the box and pass the same etc with their wrong foot even if they have 1 star weak foot ability so you have to defend every player like a very two-footed player where they can go either way just as effectively.

I really do hope EA read the posts by Xaor on these forums, I havn't seen anyone else get their points across as well as this and point out in as much detail what is wrong with the game.

However, I fear that EA's target market has moved too much towards people who are generally not football purists, meaning a pick-up-and-play system would result in more copies being sold as a more realistic approach would alienate these non-football people...

Don't get me wrong, i'm happy with FIFA 10 and congratulate the guys at EA for producing one of the best football games i've ever played (PES5 may just be ahead of it due to the very good defensive side of the game) but it could be so much better if some of things were tweaked."

lol @ the "lalalala"'s in place of perfectly reasonable sentences just because the end of one word and start of another combined is a swear word.

Back
Top Bottom