FIFA 10

OOh, so the patch should be out soon then. Great news, nearly sorted the custom tactics out for the prem & stadiums are done. Can finally start a decent MM. It really does feel like 5 years ago when I would spend the 1st two weeks of a PES release editing the hell out of it to then finally be able to start a good ML.

The whole patch culture pisses me off.

Infact the start of online gaming full stop killed it.

I'm gonna buy a Super Nintendo again.

:COOL: Wise choice. There are certain games on the SNES and even Megadrive that would still blow away a massive selection of the more recent games on next gen consoles. Zelda and Super Mario world, for a start, and even Donkey Kong Country and Starfox/Wing were epic games that still have a place in this current gaming market.

Brilliant console.

OOh, so the patch should be out soon then. Great news, nearly sorted the custom tactics out for the prem & stadiums are done. Can finally start a decent MM. It really does feel like 5 years ago when I would spend the 1st two weeks of a PES release editing the hell out of it to then finally be able to start a good ML.

lol I would have to edit all the teams in winning eleven so all the player names were in English text.

The patch will wipe all your work away most prob.

So true :LOL:

Then just to rub salt in the wounds, you'd notice you missed something while in the 23rd week of ML and it would do your pan in until you edited it and started again.

The patch will wipe all your work away most prob.

This will probably be the case, I'd wager. Although a few folk are claiming it's nothing to do with the database itself and focusing on the bugs elsewhere. We'll see.

Well the stadiums is only 5min work (I wont be bothering with lower leagues) and the tactics/formations have been saved seperately so I will only have to assign them to the 20 teams again. Might also add the 1st division for the relegation/promotions. So will end up having to do about an hours worth of editing (that's if the patch even touches the database).

Are people scoring/conceding any deflected shots/headers, etc.?

That was supposedly one thing that was meant to be improved as well in this year's version so it happened more often like in real life.

p.s. Any cup matches in BAP mode now? I'm talking like domestic (FA Cup) or is that mode the exact same thing with no improvements whatsoever!?

Funny u mentioned that... I have just scored a nice deflection header goal yesterday, looked and felt really realisitc.

Anyway, im not posting much these days, and i see that most who are posting seem to had enough of the game, im in the oposite side of that, im loving every minute of it, so im speding my spare time playing rather than complaining about its bugs(every game has them, so i just hope the pacth can fix as many as possible).

o dear. http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...FA-10-cracks-appear-on-PS3.html#ixzz0U0O6U1Jq its gone public now. not a good sign for EA. they have really fucked up big time on fifa 10. They are very lucky that PES hasnt come out yet. i know the majority of us would never play PES over this but look at the average joe. they have two decisions.

They either play a game which has the best gameplay but everything else broken ie online mode as well as single player offline mode(manager mode) or play game with an OK gameplay engine and offline manager mode(master league) and a working online mode.

What game would the average joe play?

o dear. http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...FA-10-cracks-appear-on-PS3.html#ixzz0U0O6U1Jq its gone public now. not a good sign for EA. they have really fucked up big time on fifa 10. They are very lucky that PES hasnt come out yet. i know the majority of us would never play PES over this but look at the average joe. they have two decisions.

They either play a game which has the best gameplay but everything else broken ie online mode as well as single player offline mode(manager mode) or play game with an OK gameplay engine and offline manager mode(master league) and a working online mode.

What game would the average joe play?

Lets ask Joe?.....Joe what would you do?

That video is one of the funniest things I have seen in a long, long time.

On a serious note - someone forward the link to EA. Once they realize these things are occurring, if they don't completely crack the shits then they don't really care as they say they do. Its absolutely abominable that a company of EA's stature & size, with the resources they have at their disposal, release something in that state.

As usual though, the PS3 users get the short end. I do feel sorry for them because it seems to happen with every cross platform release - but you have to ask why anyone would purchase it in the first place IMO - when the 360 does the same thing better and for less money. For anyone who works for their dough and values it, its a no argument as far as I'm concerned.

BTW not trying to start a console war - just seems to me the PS3 users should get something more out of their expensive machine than pitches and players disappearing and animations freezing.

Hm.. to make my post shorter- why did EA remove the ability to customize your formation, man marking, and custom tactics online? The only excuse I could possibly think of is to stop custom tactics cheating, but you can just save a cheesy one before the match anyway. I'd like the ability to go in and lower the defensive line before the match (pretty important considering how high they are) and I can't do it. Or if I want to put a different type player in a different position, I can't change their offensive/defensive mentality. Why EA, why...

Great the more bad publicity the better I say, EA have cocked up royally and for all their boasting and hyping they need to come back down to earth with a bump, we should not let them get away with the old "it will be sorted in 11" crap... :RANT:

I'm testing out the Legendary difficulty now and the CPU are definitely playing a more realistic game, although they still plays those miraculous 60 yard passes that I don't see coming because the bloody radar has faded out again. The Tele cam not reacting quickly enough to what is going on the pitch and the shit manual player switching doesn't help either.

The CPU may play a better game and behave better but my AI team mates are still useless, especially in defence. Individually they are constantly out of position.

I've tweaked the custom tactics but it doesn't change anything, when an attacker is in a certain area the defender/s always jump up to press the attacker. Its very frustrating when the CB's do it but its even worse when the Full Backs do it, its no surprise that the CPU loves to play the ball behind the full back when it knows that 9/10 they will be out of position. This aspect of the game hasn't changed from 09.

Many of the chances/goals that I concede could have been prevented if the stupid defenders had held off and stayed in their position. What makes it worse is that I'll be controlling a defender but as soon as I try switch to another defender, the full back will instantly jump out of position. :BRICK:

For me the single player is boring and its an online only game for me, it will be when they finally fix the ridiculous PSN disconnects.

Hm.. to make my post shorter- why did EA remove the ability to customize your formation, man marking, and custom tactics online? The only excuse I could possibly think of is to stop custom tactics cheating, but you can just save a cheesy one before the match anyway. I'd like the ability to go in and lower the defensive line before the match (pretty important considering how high they are) and I can't do it. Or if I want to put a different type player in a different position, I can't change their offensive/defensive mentality. Why EA, why...

yea i question this also. half of the fun in football is doing tactics and there is none whatsoever in online mode.

people moaned about tactics cheating but is it really cheating? if putting 10 man behind teh ball defending is cheating then how come its not defined in the rule book in real football? how come many low end teams play very defensively against teh top teams in real life?

yea i question this also. half of the fun in football is doing tactics and there is none whatsoever in online mode.

people moaned about tactics cheating but is it really cheating? if putting 10 man behind teh ball defending is cheating then how come its not defined in the rule book in real football? how come many low end teams play very defensively against teh top teams in real life?

Did you see some of the formations thses losers were coming up with? I don't ever recall any team in real life starting a match with 7 players all camped in their own box. I don't know why EA did not just put a limit to how many defenders a person can select.

Did you see some of the formations thses losers were coming up with? I don't ever recall any team in real life starting a match with 7 players all camped in their own box. I don't know why EA did not just put a limit to how many defenders a person can select.

Lame :lol: Probably because FIFA(the real one) does not impose such rules in football.

You all scream for realisim but can't deal with people being defensive. Look at what teams like Bolton do at the Emirates, probably put 10 behind the ball.

Lame :lol: Probably because FIFA(the real one) does not impose such rules in football.

You all scream for realisim but can't deal with people being defensive. Look at what teams like Bolton do at the Emirates, probably put 10 behind the ball.

that is exactly what they do, and I have no problem with it. Just takes a little longer to break down the opposition, that's all.

Are people scoring/conceding any deflected shots/headers, etc.?

That was supposedly one thing that was meant to be improved as well in this year's version so it happened more often like in real life.

p.s. Any cup matches in BAP mode now? I'm talking like domestic (FA Cup) or is that mode the exact same thing with no improvements whatsoever!?

I scored a goal online the other night against a member of my club side. It took a wicked deflection of a defender, wrong footed the keeper, spun off the turf and crept inside the post. It was very very realistic and i replayed it several times. The ball physics were so spot on it was scary.

I don't know which i hate most 10 men behind the ball or you saying " teh " instead of " the ":P

Back
Top Bottom