FIFA 10

Can you explain about 'holding the button', which button do you mean? And can you explain the whole technique because its something I want to improve on.
Hold the jockey button (usually LT) and move the left analog stick to get into position, then press the shot button when you want your player to jump and release it as they head the ball.
What Leo said really, i've just repeated it in my own words :P.

I scored another one in my last game, but my internet messed up and I got kicked so ended up being given a loss and a DNF :(.

It's better than a few days ago now for me, where I could hardly head the ball at all, but I played PES09 on PSP last night, and the crossing + headers/volleys are just wonderful in that game... PES has always done it well and it's one of the few things it still does better than FIFA.

1-on-1 shooting SUCKS bigtime.

You miss 80% of the time. Either straight at the keeper, or 1cm wide of the post. Scripted as fuck!

I am afraid i have the same feeling about crossing.....

It seems to me they have a beautifully conceived game but they couldn't improve it properly so they just patch it a bit with some scripting here and there.

Still a good game but the more i play the more i have the feeling that there is something wrong about it that i just can't tell.

Hold the jockey button (usually LT) and move the left analog stick to get into position, then press the shot button when you want your player to jump and release it as they head the ball.
What Leo said really, i've just repeated it in my own words :P.

I scored another one in my last game, but my internet messed up and I got kicked so ended up being given a loss and a DNF :(.

It's better than a few days ago now for me, where I could hardly head the ball at all, but I played PES09 on PSP last night, and the crossing + headers/volleys are just wonderful in that game... PES has always done it well and it's one of the few things it still does better than FIFA.

Cheers, and agreed on PES headers

one thing i dislike about fifa 10 is that you can no longer customize your formations for online and left with using the stock formation which is stupid.

I know that they are trying to stop people from putting 8 men in defence but cant they still allow us to edit formations but only allow up to 5 defenders, 5 midfielders and 4 strikers like in PES?

PES allows you to customize your formations but with a limit and it works like a charm. right now, i cant play my standard 532 formation that i use to play and the 424 formation which is a common one too.

I know that they are trying to stop people from putting 8 men in defence but cant they still allow us to edit formations but only allow up to 5 defenders, 5 midfielders and 4 strikers like in PES?

If playing with 15 players isn't cheating, I don't know what is! :D

Hey has anyone else noticed a certain ref in FIFA10?

ref1.jpg

Suffwan :P

Quick question.. tried using the search but any mention of gameface gives loads of results.

My Gameface works fine but tonight on my PC I logged into my mates EAFootballWorld account to do his gameface for him.. looked fine on the PC etc. and told him it was done and to try downloading it on his 360 and he's getting the: 'There is no Gameface to download' message.. how do you get round that?

As much as i love off the ball movements, i can't help feeling the game is just not right. It might be about time to semplify things a bit.

Wow! I'm shocked to hear folks already being fed up wit FIFA 10 at the other thread. Really shocking!

I will rent this game here in the states and hope it's worth buying it.

It's still a good game in my opinion but not worthy of the acclaim it's got in the press.

After a couple of weeks on it i'd give it around 85\100 with bugs and everything.

Somethings still not right about it and I can't put my finger on it.

Maybe it's the lack of atmosphere when you score as the build-up play whilst not perfect is good? it just feels a bit dumbed down, and the user celebration rubbish doesn't help where a simple wheel away by the player, crowd going mental cutting to huge variety of quality cut scenes would make you allot more satisfied and keep you coming back for more.

The other issue is the Commentary is to subdued when in around the box with deflections and such and near misses. That area really needs improving as the number of phrases I hear over and over again is stupid and the guy that's responsible needs to get his finger out and get a greater variety implemented especially on the halftime fulltime analysis.

It's ok for the most part but it could have really elevated the feeling of near misses, goal line clearances etc. Hope they really improve this for 11.

Has anyone seen a GK get sent off in an online game?

I just won a penalty in my match, GK brought me down, no defender in sight yet the referee doesn't send him off, no yellow card either.

Yeh. I have. Two yellows leading to a red though. Both were red-card offences, rather than yellow though.

It seems to me that, EA realised that they've made the tackling more likely to foul this year (rightly) but they decided that noobs wouldn't be able to take that if this occured in the box too - so a tackle in the box which would be a blatant freekick outside the area gives no penalty.

A foul from the keeper which would be a definite red - usually gives a yellow.

I'm finding it quite good with going round the keeper this year. The keeper reacts really well to fakes - definitely what to do on a one-on-one (other than chipping).

I don't know why so many are getting upset with this game - it's got some problems but by God it's a lot better than anything else I've played for years. I don't know if that's something to do with the mentality of the players on manual - because most of them to play respectfully - and the few which don't really make the game quite shitty quite fast.

I agree though - there is a huge lack of footballing knowledge necessary at the moment. People have no vision - little thought - and that's fine. It's one of my trio of topics for a megathread on the EAUK Forums. Mentality of the userbase.

Is it worth the review scores... no. Is any game? Not really. We are never going to think a football game is worth 95, or 100 - as some have rated FIFA. It would have to be so unbelievably perfect.. and FIFA 10 just isn't - but nor has any football game been... however gushing people are about certain iterations.

This game is near perfect when played with friends - which tells you that they have the gameplay almost right. The balance is almost there.. but when you play against a randomer ... certain playstyles which are very effective really screw with the game - and unfortunately for EA... they have no excuse. We told them about it last year. It's the same problems.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom